ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Solihull PEO - IT Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi

First of all I am really sorry for all the people who have come accross this IT issues at the PEO.

I would like to wish good luck to every one who got suffered from that soo called IT issues.

I am already started loosing hopes now as I have quite high hopes to go to Solihull but thanks every one for sharing their experiences. I dont know what to do now.

Please kindly keep us posted on the forum.

Good luck to every one for your ILR.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I can feel your frustration smam. The reason I chose Solihull is that I had not heard of many IT ISSUES there but looks like these issues are spreading like virus in all PEOs.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:38 pm

linkers & Smam

When I chose Solihull I had at the back of my mind that this is the better office in all sense IT etc but what I found that this is no different. I have been to Croydon office before and comparing the 2 the staff/process is almost the same and now the IT issue is just the excuse I think as they might have noticed that Solihull is more in demand therefore they have decided to spread the IT fever to that office as well.

We all have to pray for each other I think untill we get the confirmation back. I always remember the word IT as it comes in my dream now :):):) (IT=Intelligent Trouble)

Guys I again request please keep this forum updated with your progress whoever will get the letter first will win the prize of success.......

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:44 pm

That’s no problem umeruzair. We will update the forum as soon as receive the letter/biometric cards.

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:43 pm

i am thinking to send an email to SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk giving the date/time i attending the peo, my tier1 reference and new ILR/UKBA reference(you will find that on the payment receipt, and it starts with PE.. )

based on the previous experience, they usually reply very quickly within few hours

I personally think they must be having a centralized system and having the application approved atleast at caseworker level, will be able to give us correct update and also whether the letter has been posted or not yet etc. ?

i will do that tonight once i finish work.
please advise whats your say ?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I think that’s a good idea hsmp2007Tier1. Please let us know if you get a reply from this email regarding your case.

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

linkers wrote:I think that’s a good idea hsmp2007Tier1. Please let us know if you get a reply from this email regarding your case.

thanks linkers, yes I shall update as soon I receive any reply.

.. though its like throwing arrow in the dark but incase if they can't provide an update on the status of application then atleast they may be able to provide or refer to correct email/contacts from where we can get information update.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 pm

That’s correct. There is no harm in sending an email on this address.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 am

Dear All,

I am just wondering whether anyone of you has received any form of communication back from HO? Letter, email, phone etc.........

Please update us when you receive it.

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 am

Umeruzair: I will update the forum as soon as I get the letter or BRP from home office.

poornima.patil
Newly Registered

Post by poornima.patil » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 am

Hi All

I havent heard anything back yet. Hopefully something should come up by next week. I will update as soon as i get or hear something from them.

Do you guys think they shd refund some of our money as its no more a premium service we got and almost similar to postal application ?? Any thoughts ??

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am

poornima.patil: I really doubt if UKBA refunds you any money.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

poornima.patil Postal applications take nearly 6 months to process. If you get your approval within a 1 week or 2, I dont think it is similar to postal application.

UKBA clearly states, there are no guarantees that your application will be processed on the same day. Therefore, I don't think you can claim part of application fee back.

Please share your PEO experience.

poornima.patil
Newly Registered

Post by poornima.patil » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:21 am

Hmmmmm thats fine (abt getting some money back) , it was just a thought which crossed over my mind and thought will share it with you all. But UKBA seems to be clever and clear that applications cannot be processed on same day !!

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 am

This is really frustrating experience I have gone to Solihull because people have recommended here as no IT issues at Solihull but yet we have faced the IT issues and I found people gone to Croydon and came back with the same day approval letter. It's not only about money it's about the principle i think if there is a problem with the actual application I can understand decision cannot be made on the same day but if there is an IT issue then they should either reduce the payment or compensate on some way. I have having the sleepless nights since this application and I went for the premium service because I wanted to have peace not further frustration.

Did people get any response from the email which they were refereeing to yesterday?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:34 pm

umeruzair: I have neither received reply to my email nor the approval letter in post yet.

Please see the post below. This guy had exactly the same experience as we had at PEO Liverpool on 19th April and he got his approval letter in post on 26th April (5 working days).

I had my appointment at Solihull on 24th April, and I should get the approval letter by Tuesday 1st May 2012.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 881#633881

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks for the link but my case is bit different to this link as I got my passports back at the same time when they returned all the other documents also they have not told us that there is a issue with Biometric checks etc but instead they said "IT issues". The CW just asked for few documents and those also been returned I have no confirmation etc saying I have attended the PEO except the ticket number so I am really worried about the status of my case.

It looks like we might get our response by next week if we lucky....... :( :( :( :(

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 pm

That’s true umeruzair. In my case, I was also returned passports and all documents and was told in the end about IT ISSUES.

I think there is more hope in our cases as ours are stronger than this guy.

We should hopefully get the confirmation letters on 1st or 2nd May.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:28 pm

I think by IT ISSUES they meant, they couldn’t get the Biometrics matched as hsmp2007Tier1 asked them exactly what the issue was and they told him that ‘they couldn’t get the facial recognitions working due to an IT Issue’.

Just fyi , my picture was not taken at the time of my last biometrics back home in 2007 (just the finger scans were done).

poornima.patil
Newly Registered

Post by poornima.patil » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 pm

umeruzair,

Did you had your biometrics card earlier ? Have they kept that with them and returned your passport to you ?
umeruzair wrote:Thanks for the link but my case is bit different to this link as I got my passports back at the same time when they returned all the other documents also they have not told us that there is a issue with Biometric checks etc but instead they said "IT issues". The CW just asked for few documents and those also been returned I have no confirmation etc saying I have attended the PEO except the ticket number so I am really worried about the status of my case.

It looks like we might get our response by next week if we lucky....... :( :( :( :(

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

No I never had the Biometric done and they have taken the Biometric details for the first time so they did not keep any documents what so ever just the application form. Do you think this could be a potential problem?

Balaji88
Newly Registered

ILR IT issues in LIVERPOOL Very Urgent

Post by Balaji88 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Guys,

One small question. Recently i applied ILR in liverpool on April 18th IT issues. They said we will call back to you. I have some problem with HMRC tax due in 2007. Is there any affect to my ILR. Still i didn't get any call from UKBA.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Well hopefully not but if I understand it correctly you should have received the phone call by now as the other link says he applied on the 19th and received a phone call 24th so if that's the case you should have received the call by now. Don't worry as this is one of those departments where they just take the cases on random basis i think if CW like the other one first then they reply to them first. Hopefully you will get it soon too. Please keep us posted

poornima.patil
Newly Registered

Post by poornima.patil » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Hmmmmmmmm i had my biometrics card and they have kept the old biometrics card and have returned only my passport.. And also out of 2 phots i had submitted , they have kept only one and have returned other one back :( So no idea whats going on ???

i dont see urs is a problem as you never had bio metrics

umeruzair wrote:No I never had the Biometric done and they have taken the Biometric details for the first time so they did not keep any documents what so ever just the application form. Do you think this could be a potential problem?

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Poornima

God knows what they doing just different selection procedures by different CW. Which counter did you go to? The guy who took my interview has told me from the begining that only provide the documents one by one qand as I ask so I had some additional supporting documents which never been taken or nor been ask for things like last 5 years P60's not been taken, the WP letter not been asked so I dont know how will they do the judgment. I am getting really worried now as they might wake up after a while and ask for additional documents and then the application will become postal.

:oops: :oops: :oops: