ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anyone on DL FLR (O)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm

[-
Last edited by justice12 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lloyd
Newly Registered

Post by lloyd » Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm

people wonder how applications stay for 5yrs. My initial application took 4 and a half years and was still refused. i appealed and the whole process took another year and was granted DLR. I submitted FLR O in march 2012 for renewal after 3yrs and was granted another 3yrs just in 7weeks.which was pretty quick.

Just keep praying and find out if you case has been allocated to a case worker by approaching your MP for a support letter.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:26 pm

[quote="lloyd"]people wonder how applications stay for 5yrs. My initial application took 4 and a half years and was still refused. i appealed and the whole process took another year and was granted DLR. I submitted FLR O in march 2012 for renewal after 3yrs and was granted another 3yrs just in 7weeks.which was pretty quick.

Just keep praying and find out if you case has been allocated to a case worker by approaching your MP for a support letter.[/quote]

You guys need to be updated ! immigration rules are changing every 3 days, you still talking about the dark ages !!! i know the fact that used to be a backlog between (2002 to 2009 ) that backlog is cleared off and human right (article8) application used to take up to 3 to 4 years but unfortunately not any more !! article 8 applications are taken this days 4 weeks to 6 month no more and most of the cases i know took 5 weeks ,also see http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/8 ... letter.pdf

cherize

Post by cherize » Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

GLH2012 wrote:Hi Cherize, i understand your state of mind. I too am in a very dire situation resulting from my immigration circumstance. Unfortunately i have not been given a DL. I made my application sorely on the basis of Zambrano, being a single mother of a British citizen son. I was given COA to work but employers are not accepting it so far and need the real visa before they can allow me work. This is quite frustrating and am considering putting in an Article 8 application as well since the Zambrano route is taking very long to implement :?
Theres no harm to bang in a new application as long as you speak with your solicitor first. I am confident with my solicitor as she use different caselaws for Artcile 8. I just hope and pray, this waiting times will end so soon for us :) positve vibes !

cherize

Post by cherize » Tue May 15, 2012 4:18 pm

lloyd wrote:people wonder how applications stay for 5yrs. My initial application took 4 and a half years and was still refused. i appealed and the whole process took another year and was granted DLR. I submitted FLR O in march 2012 for renewal after 3yrs and was granted another 3yrs just in 7weeks.which was pretty quick.

Just keep praying and find out if you case has been allocated to a case worker by approaching your MP for a support letter.
Thanks for the sincere advice, jus a further question when you spoke with an MP, did the MP asked a case number/ reference number before he made the support letter? As we are going to see an MP too and write a letter for us, but i dont have any clue whats my referencen num on my case and who to address with the letter .

cherize

Post by cherize » Tue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm

justice12 wrote:
lloyd wrote:people wonder how applications stay for 5yrs. My initial application took 4 and a half years and was still refused. i appealed and the whole process took another year and was granted DLR. I submitted FLR O in march 2012 for renewal after 3yrs and was granted another 3yrs just in 7weeks.which was pretty quick.

You guys need to be updated ! immigration rules are changing every 3 days, you still talking about the dark ages !!! i know the fact that used to be a backlog between (2002 to 2009 ) that backlog is cleared off and human right (article8) application used to take up to 3 to 4 years but unfortunately not any more !! article 8 applications are taken this days 4 weeks to 6 month no more and most of the cases i know took 5 weeks ,also see http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/8 ... letter.pdf
Oh that link is useful, at leats it gave me an idea on how many motnhs roughly . On what grounds your applivation been refused? What have you done then from the time you application was refused? It would be great if you will share it to us. Thanks!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:29 pm

[

You can read all my posts through my profile.
Last edited by justice12 on Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lloyd
Newly Registered

Post by lloyd » Tue May 15, 2012 5:01 pm

If you don't have an ack. letter. i think you should go see your MP with atleast a copy of your passport. The MP's have who they write to at UKBA. They are called MP account managers. These people help the MP find out what is happening and where your application is. Whoever has done that then writes back to the MP giving the status of your application. The MP will then forward the letter to you.

Am sure you will be alright. It is frustrating...but i have been there and a time will come u will just laugh that u ve passed thru this