ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility - queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 pm

You should be asking these questions to your employer! The forum members are not the ones who applied for a CoS for you, so cannot be expected to know these details!

The form also states, in the paragraph above these questions, - Your employer will be able to provide you with these details.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PrajwalS
Newly Registered

Post by PrajwalS » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:12 pm

If my employer is so supportive in providing all the details, why would I come and ask these queries here. Employer in not supportive in providing all the needed info.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:19 pm

What you are failing to understand is that you are asking the forum to provide you with details about your sponsorship / CoS. Unfortunately, no one can .. but your employer.
How would forum members know what number of hours your salary is based on or whether your CoS specified that you work 40 hours per week or 39 or 42?

I am not sure if a subject access request can provide details of the sponsorship / CoS. If your employer is not helpful in providing you with the details you need to apply, you may give this a try.

Anyhow, I am not aware of the (confidential) information on which your sponsorship / CoS was issued, so am unable to answer the query on how you should fill up the form. Wait for others, more knowledgeable on the issue, to respond if they can.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 pm

PrajwalS wrote:Employer in not supportive in providing all the needed info.
You may find the following topics helpful. I would suggest that you search the ILR forum for more topics where this particular subject has been discussed as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97677

Bear in mind that you will need your employers support to get the necessary letters/documents, if applying for ILR under a Employer Sponsored immigration category as clearly stated in the SET(O) form...

A document from the employer named in your current work permit containing the following information:
- confirmation that you are still required for the employment in question, and
- the nearest applicable Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code which best describes your
employment
- Your current rate of pay (this should be given in the same format as given in the codes of practice, for
example hourly rate or yearly salary), and
- confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for
Tier 2 sponsors.

PrajwalS
Newly Registered

Post by PrajwalS » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks 'cs95tdg'!!! The given links to earlier posts are helpful. I think I got confused.

There are two questions in the section 5 regarding hours:

1) "number of hours this salary is based on"
2) "number of weekly hours"

I know my Pay is based on 40 hours per week (Annual salary defined). So, I was clear on second question. For the first question, I got confused because I thought it should be hours per year (as my defined pay is per Annum and not hourly).

Seeing the links you gave, I believe I should mention 40 hours for both the questions.

PrajwalS
Newly Registered

Post by PrajwalS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 am

I talked to my employer and he mentioned that my weekly hours are 40 hours.

Can you please confirm if the hours to be mentioned for the below two questions (in Section-5) are Weekly hours or for the first question - should it be Annual hours?

1) "number of hours this salary is based on"
2) "number of weekly hours"