ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I meet the Maintenance Requirement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:27 pm

The best advice anyone can give you at the moment is to wait for the outcome of your application and not to stress anymore until then. I beleive you used a lawyer so you have done all you can and I assume you were advised that it was a sound application. STAY POSITIVE
carlyann, thanks for saying that but its a given that she wont get the visa as everyone knows there that almost no-one gets a visa at that embassy. I am sure if they published their refusal rates it would be something like 3% approvals 97% refusals. Everyone there knows people don't get their visas there, its common knowledge in the city and country. When people apply there they know the only chance they have is through appeal, no one expects to get the visa there and the vast majority don't. Sad but it is true. Most people have to also wait 3 - 4 months for an answer. From what people have said the pattern is people have an interview on like 2 months after their application date, then get a refusal 2 months after that. I have no idea why they do it this way?

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

I was looking the other day for published stats on refusal rates (morbib curiousity whilst we wait!) but only found a consultation doc for the new rules with stats for the 10 embassies which get the most applications. Columbia isn't on it, neither is Albania
Hoping to be reunited soon

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm

carlyann wrote:I'm sorry to hear that.

I was looking the other day for published stats on refusal rates (morbib curiousity whilst we wait!) but only found a consultation doc for the new rules with stats for the 10 embassies which get the most applications. Columbia isn't on it, neither is Albania
INteresting why you can not see the refusals rate! Do they have any for ANY country? WIsh there was one. What are you waiting on?

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 pm

I was reading - Family migration: evidence and analysis

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... iew=Binary

Spouse visa - applied under old rules on 7th July but the processing start date wasn't until 23 August (they only have one day a month for biometrics in central america) - so we've got a while to wait yet!! Application is being processed at the Bogota columbia hub

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

carlyann wrote:I was reading - Family migration: evidence and analysis

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... iew=Binary

Spouse visa - applied under old rules on 7th July but the processing start date wasn't until 23 August (they only have one day a month for biometrics in central america) - so we've got a while to wait yet!! Application is being processed at the Bogota columbia hub
Thanks I was also reading this and its good. However, I can not figure out what the total amount of spouse/fiance visas were issued in 2010?? can you?

Shame it doesnt show Albania though. Probably because it would be Refusals - 100% Granted 0%. Realistically though I have spoken with 10 people who applied and only 2 people got their visas, however those two were in 2007.

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:01 am

It comes under Partner (probationary period) under table 1. So overall grant rate of 79%. Not very helpful as it doesn't break it down between spouse and fiance!

The break down in numbers for the top 10 countries doesn't include Albania as you say and also doesn't include fiance visas either

Rules should be applied the same at each embassy, I've seen some awful reasons for refusal on the India thread for example. Embassies that have a high number of appeals overturned should be investigated and people retrained. There was an investigation into New York a few years back for that very reason I believe. Although as its quicker to reapply again the figures for appeal and overturn wouldn't reflect the true picture I am guessing.

I hope you hear soon so you can move forward - even as you say it is with the appeal, feeling like time is standing still is the worst. I can sympathise with the worry and spending ages still looking on the web, reading anything even though the application is in and there is nothing that can be done!

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:34 am

carlyann wrote:It comes under Partner (probationary period) under table 1. So overall grant rate of 79%. Not very helpful as it doesn't break it down between spouse and fiance!

The break down in numbers for the top 10 countries doesn't include Albania as you say and also doesn't include fiance visas either

Rules should be applied the same at each embassy, I've seen some awful reasons for refusal on the India thread for example. Embassies that have a high number of appeals overturned should be investigated and people retrained. There was an investigation into New York a few years back for that very reason I believe. Although as its quicker to reapply again the figures for appeal and overturn wouldn't reflect the true picture I am guessing.

I hope you hear soon so you can move forward - even as you say it is with the appeal, feeling like time is standing still is the worst. I can sympathise with the worry and spending ages still looking on the web, reading anything even though the application is in and there is nothing that can be done!
I don't think there is a worse feeling in the world, when you know you have met the one after years and years...then there is the possibility you may not ever be able to be together. So your husband is from Columbia and you are waiting to hear if he got the Spouse visa right?

Yes, I was trying to see what the total figure was was Fiancée and Spouse visas granted in 2010 but couldn't see a figure, unless I am missing it?