ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for driving license without risking passport

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aniljames
Newly Registered
India

DVLA

Post by aniljames » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:06 am

Finally I got my BRP and provision license. SO it took 2 weeks. and I think there is nothing to worry.

sanema
Newly Registered

Post by sanema » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi all,

I've been living in UK under Tier-2 visa for a year now. My Tier-2 visa was valis for a year (and it was a sticker in my passport), so I had to apply for an extension and finally got my BRP 2 days ago.

Since I've been travelling lot, I haven't been able to send my passport with an entry clerance in it to DVLA earlier. I called DVLA Swansea last week and they told me that it is possible to apply without sending any ID if I drop by their local office and provide some more document. But it didn't work!! Local office didn't accept my application without BRP, so I had to send my BRP.

Sorry for telling the story long, but I am really annoyed with the situation. I have to travel for work and I need my BRP as soon as possible! Is anybody know if there is a way to have my BRP in a short time?

Please help, it puts lot of stress on me and my company..

Thanks

dcube4U
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

DVLA Provisional License sent through other than Recorded.

Post by dcube4U » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I saw this forum after i sent my Biometric Card for Provisional License.
Well i sent my application by Firstclass Post instead of Recorded. Which I should have done and that is my advice. but no worries. I sent on Wednesday lasweek and received my Provisional License this friday and Biometric card by this saturday. That too I did not sent any extra envelopes. If any one is in similar situation, I would say Chillax, You should get you License and Docs very soon.

ehab1
Newly Registered

Re: Apply for driving license without risking passport

Post by ehab1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi Dears,
I have submitted my provisional driving licence at DVIA local office and I have provided my EEA passport to the employer. But I have here some points and I need to comment on them.
1. I paid 62.5 pound, is this the right cost?
2.i provided my passport to be sent for verification but I forget to ask to send it in the first class delivery mail , and what makes me really worry is that I have read on the application if the passport is sent by standard mail and is lost , then DVIA has no responsibility on ot, does it mean that it might be lost ?
3. I asked the employer to fill out my name in the application because I was not sure whether to write my full first name which is too long or not. She wrote my name and she did mistake on it and then she used tge correcter to correct it, it could be a mistake that can lead to reject my application?
4. I did 4 pictures and I had to cut one of them by my self , I used an old passport's foto to determine the size of the picture wgile I was cutting it, I think I did it well but It may have a wee of mistake, can be my application due to that?
Please advise