ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Simultaneous UK and Overseas Earnings for Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mark 1100
Newly Registered

Re: Simultaneous UK and Overseas Earnings for Tier 1 Extensi

Post by Mark 1100 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:26 am

The company i was working for was responsible for that. I Personally was not asked about tax as it was clear the work was done overseas in my country .
So why pay UK tax yet i was already taxed back home. So there was no evidence to send out regarding tax as the guidance notes are clear that two pieces of evidence must corraobarate together.
One of the issues u will get is that for PEO appointments it will be hard for them to make a decision as they dont have factual proof.
The advantage of my situation was that my bank account was in UK and the money came dirrectly from overseas on the specified dates in letter.
so those were two pieces of evidence to collaborate together.
However i doubt if the case worker can go into tax issues if work was done out of UK as they dont understand the technicality .
If its too bad then you can submit a tax return and make them UK earnings.
hope that is helpfull.

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Folks,

Having received my extension approval today, I can now happily confirm that regarding my original question, YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE PAID UK TAX on simultaneous overseas earnings made while resident in the UK in order to use same for UKBA purposes.

Hope this helps someone, and hope some of the members who give wrong advice as a "matter of fact" without evidence also observe.

Cheers!!

mharoon79

Tier 1 general extension.overseas earning (self employed)

Post by mharoon79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 am

Dear Silent Warrior

I was issued a tier general visa on March-11 on the basis of salary and self employment(UK earnings). I have paid whatever the tax was due. Now, I have started other business in overseas and running good. I was physical present in overseas for 6 weeks from( Aug-12 till mid September-12) and did self employed work. I came back UK in mid of September and doing lecturer job but the projects are still going on in overseas and payments are being credit in my overseas account. The query is

1 ) Can i claim overseas earnings as I am physically in the UK?
2) I have overseas bank statement, tax letter issued from the government.

d1o wrote:
Shadry wrote:@d10 any update from UKBA pleazzzz :D ?
Still no response from them mate! Not even an acknowledgment of receipt. But no failed delivery email either...so the email was delivered alright...phew!!!

I'm fairly certain it should be fine (with adequate documentation for the overseas earnings -2 proofs from 2 different sources) but hey......its a £1500 application fee...haha :)

mharoon79

Re: Simultaneous UK and Overseas Earnings for Tier 1 Extensi

Post by mharoon79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm

silent_warrior wrote:
d1o wrote:Many people have asked about a combination of UK and overseas earnings for Tier 1 visa extension but my query is slightly different.

If while in the UK working full time for a UK employer for the last 12 consecutive months, you also had a different oversea employer who you did consultancy work for and who also paid you monthly salaries into an oversea account (in the same country as the oversea employer), would you be able to use a combination of these two SIMULTANEOUS earnings to claim points? (without uplift ratio of course)

Would you have had to pay UK tax on the earnings from overseas for these to be acceptable since you were resident in the UK the whole time even if the overseas employer has always deducted the applicable tax in the oversea country at source?

Would a letter from the oversea employer listing each individual payment with dates and original bank statements from the oversea bank suffice as supporting documentation for that source of earning?

Any takes?
You can claim the overseas earnings + UK earnings simultneously. For UK earnings you need to pay tax within UK and for overseas earnings if they are taxed by the 'Official Overseas Tax Authority' then that should be fine.
It would be useful to read the Tier 1 Policy Guidance notes. Look at evidence for Previous Earnings, and in there it mentions what is required for overseas earnings
Dear forum members

Please put light on the following scenario.

I was issued a tier general visa on March-11 on the basis of salary and self employment(UK earnings). I have paid whatever the tax was due. Now, I have started other business in overseas and running good. I was physical present in overseas for 6 weeks from( Aug-12 till mid September-12) and did self employed work.

I came back UK in mid of September and doing lecturer job and also doing the overseas project as well and payments are being credit in my overseas account. UK business also going fine.

The query is

1 ) Can i claim overseas earnings as I am physically in the UK?

2) I have overseas bank statement, tax letter issued from the government.

3) DO I have to declare UK income although foreign income is enough for claiming points.

Hope to get a positive response soon

Thanks