ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Scheme Suspended

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by olisun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:37 am

paramjit2k wrote:1. how they are going to establish some one is highly skilled without experince certificates...
This is the main problem which HO is trying to get out of...

One can get a "doctored" experience certificate very easily and hence they are now using the age and salary into consideration.

It's not that all applicants have doctored experience certificates, but the few who are in the UK but not have been able to find jobs in their respective fields and are working in Tesco's etc..

According to the HO / Govt. they want such jobs to be reserved for low skilled people from the "expanded EU".

This has had an impact on the candidates who are genuinely experienced.

Candidates expect results of their HSMP application within weeks, but imagine how much time it will take to verify 6000+ odd applications (according to an earlier report mentioned somewhere on the forum).

The point is the govt. does not want people from outside the to settle here permanently and one of the reasons maybe the impact of the expansion of the EU, where 600,000 people have already entered the UK.

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:45 am

olisun wrote:
paramjit2k wrote:1. how they are going to establish some one is highly skilled without experince certificates...
This is the main problem which HO is trying to get out of...

One can get a "doctored" experience certificate very easily and hence they are now using the age and salary into consideration.

It's not that all applicants have doctored experience certificates, but the few who are in the UK but not have been able to find jobs in their respective fields and are working in Tesco's etc..

According to the HO / Govt. they want such jobs to be reserved for low skilled people from the "expanded EU".

This has had an impact on the candidates who are genuinely experienced.

Candidates expect results of their HSMP application within weeks, but imagine how much time it will take to verify 6000+ odd applications (according to an earlier report mentioned somewhere on the forum).

The point is the govt. does not want people from outside the to settle here permanently and one of the reasons maybe the impact of the expansion of the EU, where 600,000 people have already entered the UK.
100% True

Even if Experience letters are 100% Genuine from our Real employer, the Roles are responsibilities listed are USUALLY NOT TRUE

People can easily make their past employer to list the Graduate level roles, if the Boss is Close to them.

But they cant Cheat like this in Earning. Earning really speaks about one's skills directly

But.. My application already reached HO on 19th, I didnt claimed any points in earning (though I could have claimed), But claimed 35 points in Graduate level exp, Qualification 25 & Age 5 with proper exp letters from current & past company (in required format). Dont know whether they will evaluate Experience letter for me or not :(

artcodex
Newly Registered

Post by artcodex » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:47 am

I think the big problem with experience letters as was stated is that it is hard to verify, and it holds up the process.

The thing is, the experience letter isn't really nescessary, I can't really say wether the income bands are set up correctly, but if they are, then the experience letter isn't needed. This is because income speaks to experience, the more income, the more experience, with definite exceptions to the rule of course.

When I say this, I don't mean earning more, means you have been working longer, rather I mean earning more generally speaks to having greater experience, no matter what the length of time you have been working for. Once again there are definitely exceptions to the rule.

artcodex
Newly Registered

Post by artcodex » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:50 am

hari15 I wouldn't worry, they are suspending new applications. During this period they are dealing with current applications based on the old system, all new applications reaching them after the 7 november are being kept to be accessed against the new system, but if your app reached them by 19 oct then it should be accessed on the old system.

Do remember however that is you are successfull, your extension app will be assessed against the new system.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:56 am

artcodex wrote:hari15 I wouldn't worry, they are suspending new applications. During this period they are dealing with current applications based on the old system, all new applications reaching them after the 7 november are being kept to be accessed against the new system, but if your app reached them by 19 oct then it should be accessed on the old system.

Do remember however that is you are successfull, your extension app will be assessed against the new system.
Dear artcodex,
I am already working in UK for past 2 years 3 months in UK under work permit and now trying for hsmp

Suppose if I get my HSMP approved ( I am not hoping much.. may be 50% chances), will my Initial HSMP Visa will be given for 2 years or 2 years 9 Months to cover ILR Period?

Because if 2nd case is true, I can apply directly for ILR without extension

EJ

Post by EJ » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:49 am

Dear Rella,

Have you looked at the new extension form yet? There are some special allowances for self-employed people that will allow your extension even if you do not make th 75 points.

rella

Post by rella » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:53 am

EJ wrote:Dear Rella,

Have you looked at the new extension form yet? There are some special allowances for self-employed people that will allow your extension even if you do not make th 75 points.
Thanks. We just downloaded it a few hours ago and discovered that section. We're unsure of what to do or if we stand a chance. We were in the process of setting up suppliers and ordering custom work and all that. If we have to move, it'll kill us. If we don't get started, we'll sink.

Ah... the fine roller coaster ride courtesy of the HO. :shock:

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:58 am

rella wrote:
EJ wrote:Dear Rella,

Thanks. We just downloaded it a few hours ago and discovered that section. We're unsure of what to do or if we stand a chance. We were in the process of setting up suppliers and ordering custom work and all that. If we have to move, it'll kill us. If we don't get started, we'll sink.

Ah... the fine roller coaster ride courtesy of the HO. :shock:
Those who are about to file HSMP extention very shortly, they have a grace period.

i.e, even if they are not satisfying that 75 points, they can shift into work permit scheme through their current employer.

both hsmp & work permit will count for ILR

But I dont know about for how many months that grace period is

artcodex
Newly Registered

Post by artcodex » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:14 am

Hari15,

I am not really too sure about how they handle these cases, I would say you may still require an extension, the only thing I know is that no matter which way around it, if you stay in the uk for 5 years or more you are elligible for ILR.

The rules themselves keep on shifting, so unfortunately nothing is gauranteed, I would just take what I can get for the moment, and hope that things turn out for the best.

I have my own problem at the moment, I am looking to apply under the new system, however they ask for an income tax return. My tax office has sent me a letter stating that I am not elligible for assesment for the last tax period, I only become ellgible in the next tax period, so I have no way of obtaining an income tax return. Will they accept bank statements, and wage slips instead of an income tax return under these circumstances.

Please if anyone with advice on this matter could reply, it would really be helpful.

Regards
Avi

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:36 am

While news of the HSMP scheme being suspended sink in, I am trying to think what the Home Office will do when dealing with people applying for a further extension to the initial 1 year and later 3 years extension i.e. extension after 4 years on HSMP?

Will they be scored against the new criteria or will they get "automatic" extensions so that they can apply for ILR after 5 years on HSMP?

This statement "We will introduce a more robust points test for applicants looking for an extension of an initial period of leave under HSMP" does not seem to address my query as it addresses extensions after the "initial" period and provided that the Home Office does not consider the previous 1+3 years as the "initial" period.

yhdyhd

Post by yhdyhd » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:38 am

Smit wrote:While news of the HSMP scheme being suspended sink in, I am trying to think what the Home Office will do when dealing with people applying for a further extension to the initial 1 year and later 3 years extension i.e. extension after 4 years on HSMP?

Will they be scored against the new criteria or will they get "automatic" extensions so that they can apply for ILR after 5 years on HSMP?

This statement "We will introduce a more robust points test for applicants looking for an extension of an initial period of leave under HSMP" does not seem to address my query as it addresses extensions after the "initial" period and provided that the Home Office does not consider the previous 1+3 years as the "initial" period.
Same concern here. :shock:

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:45 am

I feel betrayed by this declaration for extension applicants. The applicants who entered on just a 1-year Visa with the declaration signed by them that they want to come to UK to make it their home country faced 2 betrayls :-

1). Extension period enhanced from 3 to 4 years.
2). Again a point-test for extension of minimum 75 points (against showing the fact that oneis economically active).

Although even as per new scheme, I am confident that I would be able to satisfy the new extension criteria , I believe this is a betrayl of the previous scheme.

What if the Home Office tomorrow will not come out and say , no extension after 5 years until you show a property with valuation of £150,000 + bought under your / joint name,
Additional immigration tax for immigrants under HSMP worth £ 100 - £ 200 per month etc. etc. and create policies for HSMP people to leave forcibly.

How can anybody trust this immigration. I will never and will be ready to pack my bags and return back to India where I can still get much better salaries and job safety in Telecom domain.

captain74

Post by captain74 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:55 am

For the English language requirement - does it have to IELTS or can one submit the results of TOEFL as well?

Thanks

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:55 am

TOEFEL results can be submitted
Regards,

Pam Aujla

rella

Post by rella » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:17 am

sjgul wrote:What if the Home Office tomorrow will not come out and say , no extension after 5 years until you show a property with valuation of £150,000 + bought under your / joint name,
The bad thing about this is that they would make it a requirement and put it into effect immediately. So, if you're unlucky enough to have your visa expire at the point of a rule change... then you have no time to try to meet the requirements.

If they required that we all learn to ride a unicyle, I'd say... ok.... but, please at least give us some notice to be able to fulfill the requirement.

captain74

Post by captain74 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:22 am

The guidance says that for those applying for extension of stay, the English Language Certificate can be more than two years old. The question is how old a certificate will be acceptable? Mine is about five years old and it is TOEFL!

I know it is difficult to answer but could people please sday what their gut feel is - should I take a new IELTS certificate or go with the existing TOEFL certificate (5 years old)?

Thanks

rella

Post by rella » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 am

If in doubt, spend the time and money to provide more than the minimum. Build a solid case. I think that the caseworkers will err on the side of strictness and not give applicants any slack at all.

As we try to figure out what to do in this whole thing, I keep trying to think of more and more evidence to provide -- new angles to build the strongest case. Ours is going to be difficult, because we have to go with the business exemption of not having the 75 points. This is completely new, so there's no one's experiences to try to gauge. I'd rather give them a huge stack of documents they may not need or use, than not give them enough and give them an excuse to reject the application.

Anyway, that's my opinion after we've weathered one HO crisis after another. We may lose this one big time, but we have no choice but to give it our best try.

captain74

Post by captain74 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 am

Thank you rella

Wish you all the best with your case.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:43 am

hi captain74,

You should go for IELTS exam. Your to TOEFL is very old.

captain74

Post by captain74 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:45 am

Thank you arm

Looking for available test dates this very moment

What a pain :(

captain74

Post by captain74 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:55 am

It appears that IELTS is now conducted in two forms - Academic Testign and General Testing.

Which one do we need to take?

Thanks

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:19 pm

i think academic test is for taking the admission in the university, for immigration it should be General Testing as for australian immigration they require general.

what other people say abt it?

abcd1

Post by abcd1 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:27 pm

It seems that HO has actually closed the HSMP scheme.

This is how.

Many people from other countries will qualify under the scheme.
Then they will come to UK.
BUT, when they are required to extend their FLR, unless they can earn high enough in UK, their FLR will be REFUSED! So, there is no gurantee that someone will stay in UK even after qualifying in HSMP. Remember, it is easier to get £7500 pa in India than getting £40000 in UK. Moreover, by that time, applicant's age will increase. So, it will be quite hard to qualify again during extension application.

I wonder how many people will come to UK in spite of this uncertainty. There is no gurantee that their hard work will pay off at the end. :cry:
Last edited by abcd1 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:30 pm

Apparently they just want your service and a FAT tax/NI to be fed to white rashes who claims thier benefits sourced from the TAXS

I am sorry to be rude but I know whats the inside story and could not resist disclosing it.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

rella

Post by rella » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Immigration is a volatile and emotional issue in nearly every country. It seems to bring out the worst in people. And since immigrants don't have the same rights as citizens.. we're an easy target.