ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa financial requirement for Contractors

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aesuruoso
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa approved in 6 business days in West Africa

Post by aesuruoso » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:34 am

olawest wrote:I created this thread to highlight my concerns about how the financial requirements for spouse visa did not cover limited liability contractors that are in their first trading year and have been salaried employees previously.

I showed my dividends/salaries for 6 months which exceeded £18,600 and added my savings and added a cover letter that explained my peculiar circumstances. The VFS made me to sign a sponsorship declaration form.

The conclusion is my spouse got the visa approval within 6 business days. I am keen to share details of my cover letter with any one. This is to encourage others in similar situations not to lose hope. There is hope!
@olawest.. I currently have exactly the same scenario as you:

* I contract through a limited liability company which is in it's first year of trading (No audited accounts or Company Tax Return yet..)
* I have personally paid myself dividends/shares which are over the £18,600 financial requirement.
* My spouse is currently applying from West Africa.

I too will write a cover letter explaining my scenario and sign the sponsorship declaration form. Could you give me a hand by telling me which Income Category you used to prove you met the financial requirements? Was it Category F/G?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa approved in 6 business days in West Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:28 pm

aesuruoso wrote:
olawest wrote:I created this thread to highlight my concerns about how the financial requirements for spouse visa did not cover limited liability contractors that are in their first trading year and have been salaried employees previously.

I showed my dividends/salaries for 6 months which exceeded £18,600 and added my savings and added a cover letter that explained my peculiar circumstances. The VFS made me to sign a sponsorship declaration form.

The conclusion is my spouse got the visa approval within 6 business days. I am keen to share details of my cover letter with any one. This is to encourage others in similar situations not to lose hope. There is hope!
@olawest.. I currently have exactly the same scenario as you:

* I contract through a limited liability company which is in it's first year of trading (No audited accounts or Company Tax Return yet..)
* I have personally paid myself dividends/shares which are over the £18,600 financial requirement.
* My spouse is currently applying from West Africa.

I too will write a cover letter explaining my scenario and sign the sponsorship declaration form. Could you give me a hand by telling me which Income Category you used to prove you met the financial requirements? Was it Category F/G?
This topic is more than 3 years old and this user last logged onto the forum in December 2012. Please refrain from digging up old posts and tagging onto other members topics. Best to start your own topic with spouse visa questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.