ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife wants divorce while I'm waiting for appeal PR.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 am

Guerro wrote:Yes, I had RC at the time, we were married for 4 years and I lodged my ROR application 2 weeks ago with my original documents and her photocopies. So, fingers crossed
I heard that after 3 yrs marriage and 1 yr of it been living together in UK(with exercising treaty right) u will automatically retain ROR with applying for it. So as you lodged ur ROR did u have to fill any forms? How long will it take? Did u have to send ur RC and passport with it?
Good luck mate and let us know with good news,,,I hope.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 am

The problem is that you have to prove your ex was exercising treaty rights up to the date of decree absolute. I sent my application with passport and everything almost 3 weeks ago, so let's wait and see

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Guerro wrote:The problem is that you have to prove your ex was exercising treaty rights up to the date of decree absolute. I sent my application with passport and everything almost 3 weeks ago, so let's wait and see
Hi my wife and I are ok now and that was just an argue we had. anyway I hope you get it and please do update us. good luck.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 am

spike_UK wrote:
Guerro wrote:The problem is that you have to prove your ex was exercising treaty rights up to the date of decree absolute. I sent my application with passport and everything almost 3 weeks ago, so let's wait and see
Hi my wife and I are ok now and that was just an argue we had. anyway I hope you get it and please do update us. good luck.
I am glad you are fine with your wife, i was really worried for you. please, I will advice you to be prayerful and remain calm for now until you get what you want. I really wish after this whole trouble, that you are successful with your appeal. Try and work out things with your wife, I am not a strong advocate for divorce, but if it is not working out for both of you then you both can decide what is best for you, which could be going your separate ways, but for now keep your head clean, be calm, apply self control to anger and don't quick to conclude. All you should focus on is your application, I pray that God will put smiles in your family.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 pm

presido007 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:
I am glad you are fine with your wife, i was really worried for you. please, I will advice you to be prayerful and remain calm for now until you get what you want. I really wish after this whole trouble, that you are successful with your appeal. Try and work out things with your wife, I am not a strong advocate for divorce, but if it is not working out for both of you then you both can decide what is best for you, which could be going your separate ways, but for now keep your head clean, be calm, apply self control to anger and don't quick to conclude. All you should focus on is your application, I pray that God will put smiles in your family.
Hi presido007, thanks for your advice and appreciate your concern, yes we are fine and it was nothing bad but I guess I was frustrating and been waiting so long for a refusal wasn't ideal, but all has work out and GOD is GRATE so yeh I'm happy now, ones again thank you.
PR dated 05/03/2013