ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to WorkPermit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

victorind

Post by victorind » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:36 pm

ibo wrote:I reiterate that you can amalgamate the time if you switch from Work Permit to HSMP. But when you switch from HSMP to Work Permit, you lose your time spend here and the clock is re-set..... Another 5 years for ILR. I consulted a lawyer, my company lawyer and this was his response.

Please be very sure and consult a lawyer before you apply for this change.

Regards,

IBO
Are you sure about this ??? will they reset the clock ?? have you come across any information of home office on these grounds ??

HSMPnUK

Post by HSMPnUK » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:44 pm

Now it has come out that switching from HSMP to WP would restart the ILR clock!!! Sure HO knows how we immigrants think and want to achieve what they want. (To send us all out.)

But I would email/call HO to confirm about this point. But who would beleive HO anyway with the way they change the rules.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 pm

Indefinite leave to remain for a work permit holder
134. Indefinite leave to remain may be granted, on application, to a person admitted as a work permit holder provided:
(i) he has spent a continuous period of 5 years in the United Kingdom in this capacity; and
(ii) he has met the requirements of paragraph 128 (i) to (v) throughout the 5 year period; and
(iii) he is still required for the employment in question, as certified by his employer.

Refusal of indefinite leave to remain for a work permit holder
135. Indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom for a work permit holder is to be refused if the Secretary of State is not satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 134 is met.

The information is available on the HO website here: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawand ... ules/part5

Hope this clarifies all doubts :)

regards
victorind wrote:Are you sure about this ??? will they reset the clock ?? have you come across any information of home office on these grounds ??

HSMPnUK

Post by HSMPnUK » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:37 pm

Hi All,

I was having a discussion with my friend regarding the changes & switching to WP.

Here are 3 situations.
1. WP holders who have been here for 5 long years.
2. HSMP holders but switched to WP at ILR stage because of lag of 75 points.
3. HSMP holders who switch to WP before extension/ILR.

I know that people under pt-1 will be able to get ILR after 5yrs.

But for people under pt-2 it is going to be difficult.For example a person who has come in 2005 and have got extension in 2006 should get the extension again in 2009 and ILR by 2010.Incase if they dont get necessary 75 points, they can switch to WP. But the clock will be reset meaning they can get ILR only in 2015.10 long years.....Thats ridiculous.

So better to switch to WP immediately say in 2007.Atleast we know that we can get ILR after 5 yrs in 2012.

Or post queries to HO through email/phone by clarifying the fact whether they would reset the clock for HSMP holders who switch to WP for the lag of points while applying for ILR.

Can somebody post me the Home Office phone number with regard to HSMP?

Thanks
HSMPnUK