ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at PEO Solihull - 3rd Oct 2012 - HSMP + Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Oazir You were well well prepared from all aspect and comparing with your preparation I am too week. I am really confused about 11L term It said about requirements of the immigration rules but not economic activity. And I could not get any specific answer for this.
I was trying to find a topic where there was a similar question and the moderator sushedmehta replied that the only proof you can provide is 5 years bank statements or P60s for past years.

I will post the link here when i find it or else sushedmehta can help us out here!

Found the link:

Check last post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=p60

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Ozair: I saw this post earlier and not Convinced. which one is real requirement?
economic activity or requirements of the immigration rules .

But I think this is right what neonlight said.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 962#715962

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 pm

@Arif I think you are right. 11L actually make no sense, they already have everything for which 11L is asking

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi nmm what do you think any comment about this topic.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 975#715975

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi Ozair: I saw this post earlier and not Convinced. which one is real requirement?
economic activity or requirements of the immigration rules .

But I think this is right what neonlight said.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 962#715962
Check this success case at croydon where the case worker asked for all P60s.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114882

If you have these documents, then you should keep it with you. As in my case i wasnt even asked for any P60s or employer's letter or any previous visa letters from home office. I didnt even put a home office reference number in the first section.

I think it is just the matter of taking all the documents with you that might assist your case. The form does say that in some cases the case worker might ask for additional documents and that list in the form is not exhaustive.

A friend of mine who applied 5 months before me on a similar route also advised me to take all 5 years P60s and he also mentioned that there was one point in the form that can only be supported by P60s but he didnt remember what it was on top of his head.

If you have time, request HMRC to send you an employment history letter for missing P60s. I got mine in a week's time. They post it for free. And guess what, my new address was not updated on their system and it came out that i had paid more tax (£23) than i should have. They sent me a cheque for that amount as well :)

a_hassan
Newly Registered

Agree, very helpful forum

Post by a_hassan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 am

jack902 wrote:Thanks. I have now prepared photos copies of all my passport pages.

Tips like these make this forum so valuable!

Agree, very helpful forum:)
Thanks for everyone

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 am

Hi Oazir, Last few days I was tidying up my pay slip and P60. I will keep them with me if only CW asked.
Thanks

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi Oazir, Last few days I was tidying up my pay slip and P60. I will keep them with me if only CW asked.
Thanks
I will also keep my P60 and employment history just in case CW ask for it. In form I have ticked 11L and on covering letter I have mentioned that I am submitting previous approval letter to support 11L

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi nmm, covering letter !!! Is this also a requirement. I am sinking guys.

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:14 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Hi nmm, covering letter !!! Is this also a requirement. I am sinking guys.
Don't worry Arif, its not a requirement. I have just added this myself to explain few points like passports, previous earning explaination etc. and just to make it easy for CW

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm

I did not add a covering letter. In my opinion, a covering letter is only required if something can not be stated in the form, like a lost passport, or any other exceptional cases.

Also, since you will be making the application in person, you wont need to have it, he wont even ask for a cover letter.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Oh! ok then. Thank you nmm. Hundreds of holes on my umbrella. everywhere is leaking. Cant understand what to do. Rang HMRC and she said I need to request by letter. She gave me address. However rang again for another issue and after talking gently pass the request for the employer letter and they going to send with in two weeks time.

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Ozair, how many absences did you have? Were you missing any entry / exit stamps? If so, what kind of backup did you have to prove the dates with the missing stamps on your absence sheet?

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm

somemightsay wrote:Ozair, how many absences did you have? Were you missing any entry / exit stamps? If so, what kind of backup did you have to prove the dates with the missing stamps on your absence sheet?
79 days in 5 years. No missing stamps.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 am

Hi nmm, which peo you are giong/ when. I biooked at sheffield. I can not see any experience from Sheffield. Bit Worried.

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am

I am going to Solihull on 18 Oct. Here is discussion about peo http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm

I am on hsmp 2yr and tier1 3 yr and applying for ILR on 14th of November. I am planning to get an employer letter now. If I asked for letter now then difference between latter date and my application submission date (14 of november) will be around 32 days. Is this difference Ok or is there maximum acceptable limit for such that.
Any advice please.

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:35 pm

arifahmmed wrote:I am on hsmp 2yr and tier1 3 yr and applying for ILR on 14th of November. I am planning to get an employer letter now. If I asked for letter now then difference between latter date and my application submission date (14 of november) will be around 32 days. Is this difference Ok or is there maximum acceptable limit for such that.
Any advice please.
i think its better if it is less than a month. i asked my employer to prepare letter in first week of oct and today i got letter from them

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks nmm. I can let delay for my present employer. But I rang today to my previous employer (that job I left july 2008). I explain to them for a letter clearing about my surname wrong. They replied its too long ago and could not give me any letter. However last they suggest me to request by writing to HR department. I not want to let delay for this (surname mistake) and going to request tomorrow. So if the response early then this letter gape may be more than one month when I am applying. Would it be acceptable by CW.

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 pm

I think date of this letter doesn't matter as it relates to your previou job.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks nmm.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:30 am

Finally got our BRP cards.

We missed the delivery first time and got 2 letters from the DX dated 8th Oct. Re-arranged delivery 12th and today and we just got it!

chagan

Post by chagan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 am

Ozair wrote:Some doubts I had regarding the application.

Although the caseworker did not question any of this, but before applying i had following doubts. It might be different case for everyone but this might help.

1. Wife's visa was granted on 2nd September 2010. She came to UK on 6th October 2010. Around 1 month after visa issued. Our appointment was on 3rd October 2012. She has actually lived in the UK with me for 3 days less then 2 years period required. It could be that the case worker considered the date of visa issued to consider the 2 years cohabitation requirement. No questions were asked.

2. I had about 4 transactions from PayPal in the last four months totaling about £800 which I earned working as a freelancer. I didnt not claim this earning in the form. I will have to declare it in the next tax year. No questions were asked for this earning. Also, I had £2000 deposited into our account 11 months back which was on bank statement. This was the money my mother in law brought here to spend in her 5 months visit. I kept her passport, visa and stamps as a copy with me but again no questions were asked.

3. I left changing my address on the driving license and car registration document for over a year. Got it changed 1 month before applying and did a criminality check on myself to make sure that i didnt break any laws during that year which i might have missed because DVLA had the wrong address. The CRB check came clean. The home office must have done this check and it came clean. So i can deduce that if your basic disclosure for criminality check comes clean, you are good to go.
Hi Ozair,

As you went to apply for you wife's visa did you fill fLR(M) or (O) form. Also for how long you wife has got the visa for?

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:53 am

My wife was dependent on Set (O).

We both got Indefinite leave to remain ...