ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for child of settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 am

Hi Chandra ,

Talking about submitting both appendixes at VFS along with your application . I think you would need lot of convincing to do , to allow to submit both appendixes . Be ready for that .The person at the VFS counter might not take both appendixes , so in that case be ready for the covering letter which at least can explain your case to case worker in BHC .

Reg SU07 form , yes the lower part is for Official use only .

Thanks
Firefly

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 am

Firefly,

Thanks for your valuable information.

I never submitted an application at VFS office.
Does the VFS person accept only the 'Applications and documents' that are relevant? How come some people are submitting loads of documents?

My plan is to request VFS person to consider the 5 points that we identified from "UKBA website and STATEMENT OF INTENT: FAMILY MIGRATION doc" that suggests that appendix1 is for child of ILR parents and accept the appendix1 as a "Supplemental appendix" just in case the entry clearance officer is interested in the appendix1.

I'll also write the same in the cover letter and also submit a copy emails that i received from chennai UKBA team.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Firefly,

"Reg SU07 form , yes the lower part is for Official use only.". does it mean we don't have to fill in.

regards,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi Chandra ,

It says offical use only , so we don't have to fill that section.

Thanks
Firefly

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Firefly,

Two quick questions for you.

A) The second page of su07 is about certifying. Who will actually sign on the second page to certify the document ?

B) For my ILR application, hardly a month ago, I got a employer letter that was referred to UKBA, Liverpool PEO office, at which i attended my ILR visa interview. Will the letter be any useful now? If not, which UKBA address does the employer refer the new 'employer letter' to ?

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Chandra ,

A) Its for official use only . You seem to ask this question again and again .
If you are not still sure about it You can leave this section blank and ask the person at VFS counter if you need to fill it or not .

B) Add the address of British high commission in chennai and address the letter to ECO i.e

To ,
Entry Clearance officer ,
British High commission,
<add address here >
Chennai , India

Thanks
Firefly

Virus Infected
Newly Registered

Confusion over Appendix 1 and Appendix 2 for VAF4A Applicati

Post by Virus Infected » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Cf_firefly wrote:Chandra ,

A) Its for official use only . You seem to ask this question again and again .
If you are not still sure about it You can leave this section blank and ask the person at VFS counter if you need to fill it or not .

B) Add the address of British high commission in chennai and address the letter to ECO i.e

To ,
Entry Clearance officer ,
British High commission,
<add address here >
Chennai , India

Thanks
Firefly
All concerned,

Not to mention I have a same query/problem of which appendix to fill out and submit. Me and my wife got ILR in Sep 2012 and now applying for my daughter who resides in Mumbai.
I tried filling online application with all the dummy details to see how far can I go with the online application and what is required.
My findings are, nothing new though, you fill online application as normally you would a paper application. Online application will guide you itself as you fill in the relevant details. issue with online application is under appendix 1 only two options appear

The adult dependent relative of a person who is present and settled in the UK or
The aduldt dependent relative of a person with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

None of the above is relevant; if a child under age of 18 is applying and whose both parents have ILR

However, under appendix 2 options online among all are;

The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK or
The child of someone settled, or going to settle, in the UK or
the rest is irrelevant.

The two appendixes do not coincide when it comes to filling paper appendix.

Has anyone found a correct answer yet?

Many thanks

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Please go through my reply posted on "Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am" and is available in the previous page.

Virus Infected
Newly Registered

Post by Virus Infected » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm

csbattini wrote:Please go through my reply posted on "Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am" and is available in the previous page.
Dear Chandra Battini,

Many thanks for your reference to the answer. I have also e-mailed at Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi. I will post the answer once I hear anything from them. In the meantime, I will prepare application with appendix 2 (financial requirement).
With regards to your below question to Chennai VFS
"My child was born in the UK, and travelled to the UK once(june 2011) for his fist birthday and to get vaccinated in the UK. Is it still required to produce TB screening certificate ? - YES"

However, the below is per UKBA
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/
Do you need to be screened for tuberculosis (TB)?

If you are a resident of one of the following countries, and you want to come to the UK for longer than 6 months, you must obtain a certificate confirming that you are free from tuberculosis before you apply for a visa

For India (settlement applications only)

The only exceptions are children under 11 years old, diplomats and their families (but not other members of diplomats' households, such as domestic staff), returning residents, and holders of certificates of entitlement.

If above is true, why did they ask you to screen for TB for your little one?

Many thanks

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I have no idea why the chennai UKBA team has asked me to produce TB certificate for a 2.5 years old child. To me, it looks like they are not following updated UKBA rules. Otherwise, how could they ask us to produce appendix2 when the UKBA website clearly indicates that appendix1 is correct one for child of ILR parents.

Anyways, Because i'm submitting a copy the email communication between myself and Chennai UKBA team, I'm planning to submit the TB screening certificate.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini.

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 am

This is what I found in UKBA FAQ section

Q15: Do children have to be tested?
All children aged 11 years upwards must be tested.
Parents or guardians of children below 11 years need to bring their children to the clinic and
complete a health questionnaire for them. The clinician will then decide whether a child needs to
be screened. If the clinician decides not to screen a child, a certificate will be provided to state
that the child was not tested. This certificate must be submitted with the child’s UK visa
application.31 July 2012 v2
All children under the age of eighteen years who are attending a clinic, must be accompanied by
a parent or guardian. Children must bring their passport as proof of identification, medical
records and any x-ray results.

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 am

Hi Shanmug,

I understood that only if a medical condition of a child doesn’t allow the child to be screened for TB, then the clinician shouldn’t go with screening and he should mention the valid reason in the certificate.
Otherwise, a child must be screed for TB and a certificate be submitted.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi,

I got the below list while filling my 4A application online.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In addition to this online application form you must also complete and submit a paper version of one of the following Appendices. Failure to do so will delay your application.

You should complete Appendix 1 if you wish to come to the UK as:

The adult dependent relative of a person who is present and settled in the UK; or
The adult dependent relative of a person with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

You should complete Appendix 2 if you wish to come to the UK as:

The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
The child of someone settled‚ or going to settle‚ in the UK; or
The adopted child of someone settled‚ or going to settle‚ in the UK; or
The fianc+® (e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
The unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled in the UK; or
The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner‚ unmarried or same-sex partner) of someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection; or
The Post Flight child of someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

You should complete Appendix 3 if you wish to come to the UK as:

The dependent of someone in HM Forces who is exempt from the Immigration Control.

You should complete Appendix 4 if you wish to come to the UK as:

As the Pre-Flight family member (spouse or civil partner‚ unmarried or same-sex partner‚ or child) of someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

You should complete Appendix 5 if you wish to come to the UK as:

As a parent exercising access rights for a child in the UK

All Appendices are available on the UK Border Agency website. Please indicate what Appendix you have completed and submitted with this application:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its clearly mentioned that appendix 2 is for "The child of someone settled‚ or going to settle‚ in the UK;".

Regards,
Chandra Battini.

Pradhiya
Newly Registered

Post by Pradhiya » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi all
Iam in same boat like u all...

Did anybody applied in vfs and waiting for the result?
By thursday iam goin to apply (vafa and appendix2)forms...
Any other tips?cos iam carrying a 5month old baby.
I got all th docs..thanks in advance

Regards

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm

csbattini wrote:firefly,

Before my fist post in this page, A lawyer in the UK suggested me that i should submit vaf4a and its appendix1 online with the extra following documents(i think these docs are applicable only in my case as my son was born in the UK and now is 2.5 years old)

1. Reasons for leaving the son in the India -- in the cover letter.
2. Docs that suggest that I've financially supported my son in India.
3. Proofs of vaccinations both in India and the UK.
4. A letter from person who took care of my son in India.

it was after first reading this page that i realized appendix2 is the correct one, not apendix1 as suggested by the lawyer. Of course, as per UKBA website, apendix1 is the correct one but Chennai UKBA team has repeatedly mentioned that appendix2 is the correct one. Considering these conflicting suggestions, ive decided to fill in vaf4a and appendix2 online, and post appendix1 as well with the necessary documentation, so that entry clearance officer will consider the correct appendix based on his discretion.

what do you say ?

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini
Hi Chandra,
Even my both sons are born in UK and have lived in India since then. Now that we got ILR in July 2012, I am planning to bring my sons here as ILR dependant. Can you please say where did you find the information regarding the extra documents you mentioned above. Thanks in advance.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please answer my question in above post.
If our children are born in UK and have lived in India till now (not bringing them to UK as soon as they are born) for some years, then should we provide the below documents? Also what other documents should be provided in this case and where can I find this information.

1. Reasons for leaving the son in the India -- in the cover letter.

Also, in document 1. above, what reason should we give for sending children to India all these years? (Few examples will help).

Can anyone please answer this post as I am waiting for this information alone. I have all other docuemtns ready except these.

Thanks in advance.

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Pullikanti,

A UK immigration lawyer suggested me to include these documents.

1. Reasons for leaving my son in the India -- in the cover letter.
->In the cover letter, mention a few words as to why you need to send you kid to India.
->In fact, the lawyer asked me to submit proofs(bank statements) that I sent money to India for my son’s subsistence and other needs. Since i didn’t send money to India for that reason, I mentioned in the cover letter that the guardian financially supported my son in India.
->Along with the TB screening certificate, submit important pages of RED BOOK(which is issued in the UK), certificates issued with vaccinations given to the child in India, and NHS card copy(in my case, though we have a NHS card copy I didn’t include it as we lost the original). While furnishing details in the appendix2, you will be asked to provide NHS card number and surgery address including phone number.
->I got a cover letter from the guardian who mentioned that she has financially supported my son and ensured that all necessary vaccinations were given to my son in India. She also mentioned a few words on number of rooms in the house in which she bought up my son, and persons who helped her when she is away from her house for job. She also submitted her original payslip(to prove that she is financially capable).

You can ignore points 1&4 , but not 2 & 3.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 am

Pradhiya wrote:Hi all
Iam in same boat like u all...

Did anybody applied in vfs and waiting for the result?
By thursday iam goin to apply (vafa and appendix2)forms...
Any other tips?cos iam carrying a 5month old baby.
I got all th docs..thanks in advance

Regards
Hi, Can you share your experience at VFS ? Which appendix did you submit ? I was thinking appendix 1 until I read the posts here. I'm in the process of applying for my 2 month old baby.

regards,
Muthu.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 pm

csbattini wrote:Hi Pullikanti,

A UK immigration lawyer suggested me to include these documents.

1. Reasons for leaving my son in the India -- in the cover letter.
->In the cover letter, mention a few words as to why you need to send you kid to India.
->In fact, the lawyer asked me to submit proofs(bank statements) that I sent money to India for my son’s subsistence and other needs. Since i didn’t send money to India for that reason, I mentioned in the cover letter that the guardian financially supported my son in India.
->Along with the TB screening certificate, submit important pages of RED BOOK(which is issued in the UK), certificates issued with vaccinations given to the child in India, and NHS card copy(in my case, though we have a NHS card copy I didn’t include it as we lost the original). While furnishing details in the appendix2, you will be asked to provide NHS card number and surgery address including phone number.
->I got a cover letter from the guardian who mentioned that she has financially supported my son and ensured that all necessary vaccinations were given to my son in India. She also mentioned a few words on number of rooms in the house in which she bought up my son, and persons who helped her when she is away from her house for job. She also submitted her original payslip(to prove that she is financially capable).

You can ignore points 1&4 , but not 2 & 3.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini
Thank you very much Chandra, for your reply. This is very useful.
In point 1. if you don't mind, can you please say what reason are you mentioning for sending your child to India.

Also, we want to apply for this visa (VAF4A) for both our kids. Is there a way to apply for both kids at the same time? That will save us a lot of time.
It makes sense, because, if someone have two or three kids, then they have to make one applicaiton at a time (as all original documents with be sent to UKBA) and that will take 3 months for each child. How does everyone do this if they have more than 1 kid?

Thanka a lot.

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:46 am

Hi Muthu/Pradhiya,

Can you please share the list of documents you have submitted to VFS and also your experiences with VFS so that it will be helpful for people like me.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Senthil

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:36 pm

sshanmug wrote:Hi Muthu/Pradhiya,

Can you please share the list of documents you have submitted to VFS and also your experiences with VFS so that it will be helpful for people like me.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Senthil
Senthil,

I'm yet to apply - planning for next week or week after. Not sure how easy to get appointment slots at VFS, Chennai. Still not clear on whether to apply Appendix 1 or 2.

Sure will update my experience whenever I complete the VFS visit.

regards,
Muthu

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Muthu,

We’ve submitted 4A application with Appendix2 five days ago.
Although we tried to submit both Appendix1 and appendix2 with 4A application at VFSA centre in HYD , VFS person accepted only Appendix2 with 4A.
As per online 4A application(which is mandatory in India), appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.
Please read all my emails in this page. I’ve mentioned all the documents that you need to submit with 4A, and copied my emails communication with UKBA Chennai and Mumbai.
I think I’ve also posted the contents from the online application which says appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi pullikanti,

In my case the reason is very simple - Just after baby delivery my wife got mortal postpartum complications due to NHS's negligence.
It took more than 1.5 years to recuperate from her complications to sustainable level. Most of this time, she spent in India with the baby.
When she applied for ILR a few months ago, she had produce letters from her doctors and GP in order not to be disqualified with ILR’s 180 days condition because she spent around a year in India during her 5 year ILR period.

As i mentioned, you can ignore if you don’t want to explain them why you left your kids in India, but if you have a valid reason, don’t forget to mention that in your cover letter, that helps building a strong case in favor of your application.

I don’t have any idea exactly how you can submit 4A application for 2 kids. Please send an email to Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk or/and Mumbai.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk , one of whom will definitely respond in a week time.

All I know that the fee structure will be different for 2 kids.

Also, it’s a good idea to prove that you are going to accommodate your 2 kids in at least a 2 bed room house/flat in the UK.

All the best with your application.

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:19 pm

csbattini wrote:Hi Muthu,

We’ve submitted 4A application with Appendix2 five days ago.
Although we tried to submit both Appendix1 and appendix2 with 4A application at VFSA centre in HYD , VFS person accepted only Appendix2 with 4A.
As per online 4A application(which is mandatory in India), appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.
Please read all my emails in this page. I’ve mentioned all the documents that you need to submit with 4A, and copied my emails communication with UKBA Chennai and Mumbai.
I think I’ve also posted the contents from the online application which says appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini
Thank you very much for your clarification. Yes read through the previous posts and also filled in the online application till submission - which as you mentioned asks to fill Appendix 2. Awaiting few more documents from UK like latest bank statements etc. Planning to apply next week or week after - have to check for available appointments.

The waiting game begins for you - wish it is granted at the earliest.