ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Latest on Zambrano Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ruona

Zambrano

Post by ruona » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,i made an application on zambrano on april 2012,just got my coa today which is valid for 6months and a drc form to fill and submit and they also said that they will reply within 6 months.i will try to copy and post the form.just got them today.i m so happy cos i ve been waiting since april.gud luck to us all.

Omonilollyjoor
Newly Registered
England

Latest Zambrano

Post by Omonilollyjoor » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi congrats let's hope for the best. God is our strength .

maittm

zambrano update

Post by maittm » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 pm

hi.
For those that the Home office sent out new forms, could you kindly share on the kind of documentation the kind of documentation they needed.
all the best with yoit applications [/u]

marina4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by marina4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm

hello all!
this waiting is killing ,. i just hope one would get a positive result for ukba as soon as possible.

does anyone know if someone with drc under zambrano can marry in uk to a british or ILR holder? and can one enter euro with it without a visa.
thanks all
MAITTM:****************it just the same document sent in initially to show britsih national,proof of being the main career n i form that ask u to choose which applies to ur case(ours here section 3)
thats pretty all .
hop this make sense?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:17 pm

marina4 wrote:hello all!
this waiting is killing ,. i just hope one would get a positive result for ukba as soon as possible.

does anyone know if someone with drc under zambrano can marry in uk to a british or ILR holder? and can one enter euro with it without a visa.
thanks all
MAITTM:****************it just the same document sent in initially to show britsih national,proof of being the main career n i form that ask u to choose which applies to ur case(ours here section 3)
thats pretty all .
hop this make sense?
Just like any other UK visa, you would need a visa to enter other EU countries. I don't see the reason why someone with a DRC would be prevented from marrying.

I have once said on this forum that anyone whose application succeeds under Zambrano and the person has either a British spouse or ILR, the person can switch in country from Zambrano residence permit to a spousal visa. This is what my solicitor told me. She has looked at the immigration rule and strongly advised me to do this if my Zambrano application is successful

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Prince74 wrote:I have once said on this forum that anyone whose application succeeds under Zambrano and the person has either a British spouse or ILR, the person can switch in country from Zambrano residence permit to a spousal visa. This is what my solicitor told me. She has looked at the immigration rule and strongly advised me to do this if my Zambrano application is successful
I don't believe this statement is true. You can't switch to a spouse visa in country if you don't have leave to remain under the UK immigration rules. DRC is not considered as such. You will need to leave the UK and make an application from your home country.

howlong

Post by howlong » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:56 pm

If so, will this DR counts towards long residence
Thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm

howlong wrote:If so, will this DR counts towards long residence
Thank you
I would think so.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Jambo wrote:
Prince74 wrote:I have once said on this forum that anyone whose application succeeds under Zambrano and the person has either a British spouse or ILR, the person can switch in country from Zambrano residence permit to a spousal visa. This is what my solicitor told me. She has looked at the immigration rule and strongly advised me to do this if my Zambrano application is successful
I don't believe this statement is true. You can't switch to a spouse visa in country if you don't have leave to remain under the UK immigration rules. DRC is not considered as such. You will need to leave the UK and make an application from your home country.
I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to anywhere on the UKBA website where it is stated that to be able to switch in-country the leave MUST have been granted within the immigration rule.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Prince74 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to anywhere on the UKBA website where it is stated that to be able to switch in-country the leave MUST have been granted within the immigration rule.
Update:

My Zambrano application forms for a Derivative Residence Card has been sent back to the UKBA together with all the documents they asked for. I'll update you guys as soon as I hear anything...... Watch this space!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Prince74 wrote:I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to anywhere on the UKBA website where it is stated that to be able to switch in-country the leave MUST have been granted within the immigration rule.
See
para. 284 wrote:284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:

(i) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which was given in accordance with any of the provisions of these Rules, other than where as a result of that leave he would not have been in the United Kingdom beyond 6 months from the date on which he was admitted to the United Kingdom on this occasion in accordance with these Rules

Also (although slightly different scenario from Zambrano but is based on the same immigration rule above) -
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/chapter5.pdf?view=Binary]ECIS - Chapter 5[/url] - Residence Card wrote:If the third country national has been issued with an EEA Family Permit and has enter the U.K. on this basis then they have opted to use European law and cannot then switch to being considered under the Immigration Rules. The only way they could then avail themselves of the Immigration Rules would be if they left the U.K. and applied for entry clearance under the Immigration Rules as the spouse of a British citizen.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Jambo wrote:
Prince74 wrote:I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to anywhere on the UKBA website where it is stated that to be able to switch in-country the leave MUST have been granted within the immigration rule.
See
para. 284 wrote:284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:

(i) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which was given in accordance with any of the provisions of these Rules, other than where as a result of that leave he would not have been in the United Kingdom beyond 6 months from the date on which he was admitted to the United Kingdom on this occasion in accordance with these Rules

Also (although slightly different scenario from Zambrano but is based on the same immigration rule above) -
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/chapter5.pdf?view=Binary]ECIS - Chapter 5[/url] - Residence Card wrote:If the third country national has been issued with an EEA Family Permit and has enter the U.K. on this basis then they have opted to use European law and cannot then switch to being considered under the Immigration Rules. The only way they could then avail themselves of the Immigration Rules would be if they left the U.K. and applied for entry clearance under the Immigration Rules as the spouse of a British citizen.
Thanks a lot, Jambo.