ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Anyway my advice ot anyone taking it is not to take it lightly and think you can ace it after studying for 2 weeks cause honestly its pretty hard. The actual questions were easy, but it took me like 4 months to get every question right in the sample test books as i was aiming for 100%.[/quote]

Hi there, the official handbook for the life in the UK test refers to many websites addresses for more information like www.worksmart.org.uk in chapter 2-work.
Do I need to know and study the information contained in these websites?
secondly, you said it took you like 4 months to get ready!please advise on number of hours in total?
could anyone share his personal experience in preparation for the test.
Thanks

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:The current LIUK test is one of the easiest things you can do to prepare for your ILR application. A lot of people have passed this with 2 weeks of preparation. So, instead of worrying about validity (which is indefinite) of the test, or how soon you can take it (whenever you want, whether you need it or not), you should go ahead with what is available now.

What the new test will look like (if that ever happens) is just a guessing game at this time.
Thanks, another question please, will UKBA return back the test certificate when applying for ILR so it can be used in naturilisation application?
please advise

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 am

stokbrig wrote:Thanks, another question please, will UKBA return back the test certificate when applying for ILR so it can be used in naturilisation application?
please advise
YES.
They keep a copy though.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 pm

I took liuk in 22nd Dec and cleared.

few facts

1. it contains 24 question to be completed in 45 minutes.
2. 18 correct will be considered pass
3. Preparation time 2-3 days less than driving license theory
4. Still in old format
5. test is valid indefinitely
6. 3 persons on center were not allowed to give test because the details provided at the time of booking, and id they were carrying was not same.
( they want 1 same if used at the time of booking and other address proof form a) council letter b) home office letter c) Bank statement)
7. Certificate can never be reissued and used when applying for British passport. So when applying ILR the original should be come back along with documentation.
8. Preparation material : Official book and link below
http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1

Hope this helps Good luck

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 pm

alok_singh wrote:I took liuk in 22nd Dec and cleared.

few facts

1. it contains 24 question to be completed in 45 minutes.
2. 18 correct will be considered pass
3. Preparation time 2-3 days less than driving license theory
4. Still in old format
5. test is valid indefinitely
6. 3 persons on center were not allowed to give test because the details provided at the time of booking, and id they were carrying was not same.
( they want 1 same if used at the time of booking and other address proof form a) council letter b) home office letter c) Bank statement)
7. Certificate can never be reissued and used when applying for British passport. So when applying ILR the original should be come back along with documentation.
8. Preparation material : Official book and link below
http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1

Hope this helps Good luck
Many thanks very helpful
Do I expect questions in the test from the link you provided or you have been asked another diffrent questions. please advise

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:47 pm

stokbrig wrote:Do I expect questions in the test from the link you provided or you have been asked another diffrent questions. please advise
Read the official book, that will be ok.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 pm

stokbrig wrote:Do I expect questions in the test from the link you provided or you have been asked another diffrent questions. please advise
The link provided is to several practice tests. Read the required chapters in the official book, then practice by taking the practice tests (link provided) and you will be fine. Note that you should not expect your test to contain the exact same questions as you see in any practice test.