ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR and what benefits entitled for ?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tax Credits/Child Benefit affet FLR(M)?

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:58 pm

elcanja wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
elcanja wrote:Hi everyone...

Just double checking one thing....

From my understanding, claiming tax credits and child benefit will not have a bad effect when making my partner's FLR(M)/SET(M) application right?
If anything, it will be a good thing as I'll have extra income for the maintenance requirement in the case of FLR(M), as per paragraph 5.2 (a) of Annex F (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary), right?

I have just been granted ILR (LR) a couple weeks ago. I was previously on a student visa so could only work part time, my wife used to work full time but we now have a 10 month old baby, so she's been working only on a part-time basis for 4 months now and before that was on a 8 to 9 months maternity leave obviously.

Thanks a lot!
Now that you are settled you can claim benefits including child benefit and tax credits as you are no longer subject to immigration control.
Hi D4109125.

Thanks a lot but the question is mainly regarding whether claiming them will have a bad effect on my wife's visa application?

Cheers
Providing she meets the visa requirements you claiming benefits will not adversely affect her application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Re: Tax Credits/Child Benefit affet FLR(M)?

Post by elcanja » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:08 am

D4109125 wrote:
elcanja wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
elcanja wrote:Hi everyone...

Just double checking one thing....

From my understanding, claiming tax credits and child benefit will not have a bad effect when making my partner's FLR(M)/SET(M) application right?
If anything, it will be a good thing as I'll have extra income for the maintenance requirement in the case of FLR(M), as per paragraph 5.2 (a) of Annex F (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary), right?

I have just been granted ILR (LR) a couple weeks ago. I was previously on a student visa so could only work part time, my wife used to work full time but we now have a 10 month old baby, so she's been working only on a part-time basis for 4 months now and before that was on a 8 to 9 months maternity leave obviously.

Thanks a lot!
Now that you are settled you can claim benefits including child benefit and tax credits as you are no longer subject to immigration control.
Hi D4109125.

Thanks a lot but the question is mainly regarding whether claiming them will have a bad effect on my wife's visa application?

Cheers
Providing she meets the visa requirements you claiming benefits will not adversely affect her application.
Cool... Thanks!