ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from PSW to Tier 2 GENERAL - Salary calculation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 am

narenz wrote:My HR has used 40 hours instead of 37.5 hours in my UCOS. Even with 37.5 pro rated salary I am way above the minimum requirement . Would this cause me any issues . Please reply very urgent as I am going to apply my visa soon.. Thanks in advance.
UKBA are only interested to see that you get the minimum prescribed salary for a particular SOC code. If you get more that is not a problem. Just make sure that your application matches exactly what is in the CoS in way of job, salary and hours.

narenz
India

Post by narenz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:22 am

Cheers manci

sskhalid
Newly Registered

Question about PSW to Tier 2

Post by sskhalid » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Guys,
I have a question in my mind which bothers me.. so just want to share it here to get a response ;)

The Requirements of the PSW to Tier 2 is at least £20,000 right?

If this is correct then why every one here is calculating their minimum salaries as they are already above the 20,000. ( for dependants its a bit high)

As long as I understand ( May be I understand wrong. Correct me if I am wrong). The salaries which are in SOC list are not for now. These salaries will be required when you apply for ILR through your Tier 2 route after 2016.

For applying to ILR through Tier 2 Route you should be getting that salary which is in SOC list or above. and I believe if you start with a minimum amount salary you can get up to that amount in the next 5 years.

How come every one here from PSW will get a straight jump of 30-40K... You know its tough here and as you are fresh talent and no organization will offer that big amount of money to you( Some of them they do).

This is what I understand. Kindly If I am wrong please correct.

Regards,

vc555

Re: Question about PSW to Tier 2

Post by vc555 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 pm

sskhalid wrote:Hi Guys,
I have a question in my mind which bothers me.. so just want to share it here to get a response ;)

If this is correct then why every one here is calculating their minimum salaries as they are already above the 20,000. ( for dependants its a bit high)

As long as I understand ( May be I understand wrong. Correct me if I am wrong). The salaries which are in SOC list are not for now. These salaries will be required when you apply for ILR through your Tier 2 route after 2016.

For applying to ILR through Tier 2 Route you should be getting that salary which is in SOC list or above. and I believe if you start with a minimum amount salary you can get up to that amount in the next 5 years.

How come every one here from PSW will get a straight jump of 30-40K... You know its tough here and as you are fresh talent and no organization will offer that big amount of money to you( Some of them they do).

Regards,
Hi,

I don't Think so u should meet your requirement depending up on role u selected !! lets see what others answer..

Also do we need Labor Add if we switch from PSW ? if i'm new to the company which is sponsoring please advise.

Thank you..

sskhalid
Newly Registered

Re: Question about PSW to Tier 2

Post by sskhalid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

vc555 wrote:
sskhalid wrote:Hi Guys,

Regards,
Hi,

I don't Think so u should meet your requirement depending up on role u selected !! lets see what others answer..

Also do we need Labor Add if we switch from PSW ? if i'm new to the company which is sponsoring please advise.

Thank you..

No you dont need your labour add if you are switching from PSW.