ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW TO PROLONG 6 MONTH TOURIST VISA - A VISITOR FROM CROATIA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SUPER SONIA
Newly Registered

Post by SUPER SONIA » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks to all of you for helping me to decide what to do and for giving me good advice! :D

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 pm

And your decision is... :?:

SUPER SONIA
Newly Registered

Post by SUPER SONIA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm going back to Croatia at the beginning of February. One way ticket to Croatia. I'm coming back to England in two weeks time with a return ticket. I'll try to have all necessary documents for a student visitor visa, not a tourist visa. I hope a kind IO will let me come into the UK, again. If not, this is not the end of the world. I will go back to Croatia and come back one day again, after my first year of University, probably. I think my boyfriend will be very happy if the IO is not so kind. If only I knew for a difference between a student visitor visa and a tourist visa before, I would ask for a student vv for 11 months straight away! But still, I changed my priorities a little bit and I am quite happy to get back and stay in my country again. There is a slight chance I won't even try to go back to England, but I would rather try and be refused than not try at all. I can always say: I tried and it didn't work! So whatever happens, I will be happy. I don't know if my decision is right, but at least I realize my wish to stay in the UK is not so strong anymore. So I won't feel disappointed or unhappy if I don't enter the UK again. I've spent six nice months, traveled around, got to know London, improved my English, met nice and friendly people.... I wish I could enroll in a Language School for another few months, but if not....never mind! We plan and God decides. I think my English is good enough to be able to study easily at the Language University in Zagreb, even without spending another few months in England and attending an English course. Thank you once again for answering my questions and trying to help.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Good luck.

I hope you know that the maximum period you can be granted a student visitor visa on arrival in the UK is six months? If you wish to stay longer than this to study English then you would have to make your application for such a visa at the British embassy from Croatia.

JasonRain
BANNED

Post by JasonRain » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm

You can't extend your visa. You also can't leave the uk and return again after a few days, the maximum permitted stay on a visit visa is 6 months in a 12 month period.