ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

back ground check question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meldives
Newly Registered

Post by meldives » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
meldives wrote:I have a similiar question and it didn't even occur to me until i read this thread.

I haven't yet sent in my form, so can print out a new one. I got a fine a few years ago for driving with out of date motor tax. So i presume i now have to put 'yes' to both of those questions and provide evidence the fine has been paid? I just got a fine which was paid, never had to go to court or anything. How do i get evidence the fine was paid...will the Garda station be able to give me something?

Ye, Garda will give you what you need. Ask them to make it more authentic though and not just a print out of your fine.
Just following this up as I finally got around to going to the Garda and sending in my application.

The Gardai don't keep any record of motor-tax fines, unless it is unpaid and becomes a conviction. So while I mentioned it on my application I wasn't able to submit any proof that it had been paid (other than the fact that obviously I don't have any convictions against my name)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

meldives wrote:The Gardai don't keep any record of motor-tax fines, unless it is unpaid and becomes a conviction.
I don't believe this.

meldives
Newly Registered

Post by meldives » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:39 am

Why? You don't lose any points on your licenec if you are caught driving without valid motor tax, it is just a straight fine. The Garda i spoke to a couple of others in the office and they all said the same, that there would be no record of it, unless there was a conviction from not paying the fine.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 am

meldives wrote:Why? You don't lose any points on your licenec if you are caught driving without valid motor tax, it is just a straight fine. The Garda i spoke to a couple of others in the office and they all said the same, that there would be no record of it, unless there was a conviction from not paying the fine.
Well they clearly initially keep a record of it, otherwise there would be no option of later convicting people! And so into the computer it goes.

What are their records retention policy in such cases? They likely do not want to be bothered answering your question, but I suspect they keep a record of both the original material, and in the form of computer records.

mred1

Re: thanks guys

Post by mred1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Integrated

So, Lo & Behold I received the letter this morning...
"With reference to the Incident recorded by Gardai on 05/09/2003 (Theft) please provide further information on same. Please furnish us with court documents if any were issued"
Now, I do not remember anything being issued or hearing anything after the case Dismissal.
It was a nail varnish i took in dunness store..Foolish & young, I felt it was too cheap & shouldnt bother to pay...Off course going to court shook me & I never repeated it again.
Should I go to the district court to ask of the case & letter? What should I furnish them exactly? As of today 16/09/2013, Its now over 10 years...amazing GARDAI saved the incident...
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
mred1 wrote:Thank you guys for taking the time out to answer my query...this was a genuine mistake, & in fairness if not for this forum, i wouldn't have remembered it happened, like i said, it was during my leaving cert days. 2003(age 17/18) if i remember well..10 years ago now. Goodness, how your past can ruin your future. It was in Ireland. I will leave it at that as i have contacted the garda & vetting unit and I have been asked to say NO. If i get asked to supply more info in the future, I will gladly give the information...then again, I do not remember much about the date..all i know is i went home without any issues
Like I said in my previous comment, based on the nature of your offense and the outcome of it, you not including the details in your application form that you had this offense wont lead to the denial/refusal of your citizenship application for any reason whatsoever.

They will at a later stage ask you for evidence of it if they are more interested on the nature of the offense or will simply take the PULSE (Police Using Leading Systems Effectively) details of your background submitted to them by Gardai as it is.

Best of luck :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: thanks guys

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:51 pm

mred1 wrote:Hi Integrated

So, Lo & Behold I received the letter this morning...
"With reference to the Incident recorded by Gardai on 05/09/2003 (Theft) please provide further information on same. Please furnish us with court documents if any were issued"
Now, I do not remember anything being issued or hearing anything after the case Dismissal.
It was a nail varnish i took in dunness store..Foolish & young, I felt it was too cheap & shouldnt bother to pay...Off course going to court shook me & I never repeated it again.
Should I go to the district court to ask of the case & letter? What should I furnish them exactly? As of today 16/09/2013, Its now over 10 years...amazing GARDAI saved the incident...
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
mred1 wrote:Thank you guys for taking the time out to answer my query...this was a genuine mistake, & in fairness if not for this forum, i wouldn't have remembered it happened, like i said, it was during my leaving cert days. 2003(age 17/18) if i remember well..10 years ago now. Goodness, how your past can ruin your future. It was in Ireland. I will leave it at that as i have contacted the garda & vetting unit and I have been asked to say NO. If i get asked to supply more info in the future, I will gladly give the information...then again, I do not remember much about the date..all i know is i went home without any issues
Like I said in my previous comment, based on the nature of your offense and the outcome of it, you not including the details in your application form that you had this offense wont lead to the denial/refusal of your citizenship application for any reason whatsoever.

They will at a later stage ask you for evidence of it if they are more interested on the nature of the offense or will simply take the PULSE (Police Using Leading Systems Effectively) details of your background submitted to them by Gardai as it is.

Best of luck :)
As Irish Law currently stands if I could remember, the incident will be with you for the rest of your life.

I saw few advise from users on this Forum which I backed, best of luck with your application
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks Integrated.
That's serious... I have written a letter explaining things to them. Hope I hear something positive soon & I dont get an 18 month deferral

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:08 pm

mred1 wrote:Thanks Integrated.
That's serious... I have written a letter explaining things to them. Hope I hear something positive soon & I dont get an 18 month deferral
Yes, just hope and pray so. The 18 months Deferral I predict will soon be issued to anyone with Major offense despite the nature of the offense. This is because there is no backlogs anymore, they are not looking to fast-track every application now
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.