ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused due to UKBA error, current leave expires 1wk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Great to hear that Megan and congratulations
Goodluck.

secret.simon

Update to earlier post-ILR application successful

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 am

Posting an update to my previous post.

My ILR application yesterday was successful, inspite of the issue with age.

It helped that other than this niggardly point about age, my application is straightforward;

a) No dependants
b) Have been a salaried employee of a single organisation since early 2009
c) Absences from the UK less than 60 days in 5 years.

Documents that I carried in the primary folder (in the order below);
a) Cover Letter (with salary calculation and breakup of holidays as annexures)
b) Application form with two photographs
c) Payslips for one year
d) Copies of payslips
e) Bank statements corroborating payslips
f) Copies of Bank Statement
g) LITUK Pass notification
h) Copies of the LITUK Pass Notification
i) P60s, P45 & HMRC's confirmation of National Insurance for UK residency purposes (See half-way down http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compe ... /index.htm)
j) Copies of (i)

I labelled each section promeniently.

When I went to the counter, the caseworker saw that the folder was neatly organised and she asked me to pass the folder over and then go back to my seat.

She then took out the cover letter, went through the salary calculation, confirmed every entry against the payslips originals, then against the bank statements originals and then finally calculated the totals using a calculator. She retained just the payslips copies with her.

She then confirmed the overseas visits against the passport stamps and then calculated the days absence herself again, even though I had provided them in my cover letter.

And then, 45 minutes after I handed my file in, she called me and told me that I had got ILR. I thought that there must have been some mistake as I have never had my forms processed so quickly and asked her to repeat. She smiled, repeated and passed me the form with my details to sign. I did so and she handed me the letter stating that my application has been approved.

I will post a fuller version of the PEO visit itself in the PEO experiences thread.

Thanks to everybody contributing to these forums. They help highlight potential pitfalls and how to avoid them and come in very handy for future applicants, even if only as a point of reference. I would urge all people reading these forums to write in with their experience.

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 am

hi , first of all congrats MeganJane for ILR,

My case was (HSMP Feb 2008 + TIG ext feb 2010) and i applied in person for my ILR on 11 Feb 2013 successfully.

I did not even claimed my points for age, as all other sections were giving me enough points. BTW i was not sure about the age points that it was given on the initial application bases.

I hope it does help someone.