ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition as to time (Stamp 5)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: stamp 5 renewal

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 am

adelmurray wrote:
i was trying to send you a private message sunnymohsin but it's not sending for some
Could be that you need to wait for the other person to open the private message.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:10 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
adelmurray wrote:
i was trying to send you a private message sunnymohsin but it's not sending for some
Could be that you need to wait for the other person to open the private message.
my apologies i think it is the case that the other person hasn't opened the message yet . cause i got a reply back .
thank you for help and clarification

Regards

bipedalhumanoid
Newly Registered

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm

I put in an application for Stamp 5 six months ago.

Because I am on stamp 4, I had to wait until my visa had less than 6 months left on it. So now the stamp 4 has expired and the stamp 5 has not been processed yet.

I am going to have to renew my stamp 4, which will take effect for 2 years and I'm worried that this will cause my stamp 5 application to be rejected. If so, this will be a perpetual problem for me.

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm

HI! there as far i know if once you have made an application to d.o.j and waiting for an descision and even your visa is expired you wont be consider overstay but please double check with someone who know this things. but in my case it was ok and i was late for three months i went there with the letter from d.o.j thay didnt say any thing and thay changed my stamp 4 to satmp 5. but i am talking few years back and i was a spouse of an irish citizen tc

bipedalhumanoid
Newly Registered

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:34 am

sunnymohsin wrote:HI! there as far i know if once you have made an application to d.o.j and waiting for an descision and even your visa is expired you wont be consider overstay but please double check with someone who know this things. but in my case it was ok and i was late for three months i went there with the letter from d.o.j thay didnt say any thing and thay changed my stamp 4 to satmp 5. but i am talking few years back and i was a spouse of an irish citizen tc
Unfortunately they've closed the visa hotline so there is noone to call. I have already called the long term residency section and they couldn't help. Told me to call the visa hotline :-(

I have an appointment with the immigration officer today so will talk to him about it.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 am

bipedalhumanoid wrote:I put in an application for Stamp 5 six months ago.

Because I am on stamp 4, I had to wait until my visa had less than 6 months left on it. So now the stamp 4 has expired and the stamp 5 has not been processed yet.

I am going to have to renew my stamp 4, which will take effect for 2 years and I'm worried that this will cause my stamp 5 application to be rejected. If so, this will be a perpetual problem for me.
hi there ,
sorry to hear you are stuck in the waiting game of the DOJ .

i'm going to give you what i know based on personal experience :

you said it has been six months since you applied for the Stamp 5 ? that is a long time to wait for such a stamp as the current waiting time to get a response is 50 working days or ten weeks as they said on their website .

which to me raises a big question do you have or have you ever been in trouble with the gards ?
was this your first application for the WCAT Stamp or is it renewal ?

if it is your first application and you think there might be any thing coming up on your criminal record , please go ahead , renew your stamp 4 and continue living in peace until you get your citizenship sorted whenever you are ready for it . and forget the stamp 5 .

if it is your a renewal then you might be in a bit of bother based on my experience i'm assuming you have read all about my story above .

however if you are 100% certain that you have no issues with the Police then write them a letter asking for updates on your application and you should be ok even if your stamp 4 lapses , because once they issue you with the approval letter the GNIB officer will have to register you no problems there as it is not your fault it took them this long to process your application .

i hope that the Immigration officer you are going to see will give you some useful information and hope that you will be sorted soon .

regards