ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Documentation for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Again

I was going through the new form SET(O) and came across section 6.3 where we need to provide evidence for the time spent outside UK. Was this thing there before or is this a new requirement?. Is there any template which I can use if this was there before. I could'nt find any on the fourm.

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
. Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?
. Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons
. Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
. Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel

Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 am

mubashir9819 wrote:Hi Again

I was going through the new form SET(O) and came across section 6.3 where we need to provide evidence for the time spent outside UK. Was this thing there before or is this a new requirement?. Is there any template which I can use if this was there before. I could'nt find any on the fourm.

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
. Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?
. Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons
. Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
. Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel

Thanks
Look at Sticky's Notes on Top of the page for the Temp Plate. Some times Croydon does the Interview process very quickly. Since you have 3 dependents,it may take longer. Please read the Croydon experiences in this Forum,which are similar to your case,to get more information.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi

I have got another question on which I am confused. According to SET(O), it states that

"Evidence of all work related absence (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly Skilled Migrants"

I am on a WP which was issued in 2008. Do I fall in the above category or am I exempt from it. My employer thinks I am exempt but I am doubtful?

Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:35 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Hi

I have got another question on which I am confused. According to SET(O), it states that

"Evidence of all work related absence (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly Skilled Migrants"

I am on a WP which was issued in 2008. Do I fall in the above category or am I exempt from it. My employer thinks I am exempt but I am doubtful?

Thanks
No.! You are not exempted. Please read the recent experiences, of 5 Year W.P. Cw have been requesting for this letter.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks Kevin24. Thats what I thought. And thats what I have read from other people experience.

But the HR argued that the SET(O) quote does not mention WP holders, only Tier 1 and Tier 2 and Tier 5. Hence I am exempted. If the CW are asking for it, then they are not following the guidelines, which also makes valid sense.

Is there any where mentioned SPECIFICALLY that WP holders also require this letter of absence rather than from other users experience. Because if I can get that, I can either convince my HR or I can argue with the CW about it.

This has put me in a confusion right now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:41 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Thanks Kevin24. Thats what I thought. And thats what I have read from other people experience.

But the HR argued that the SET(O) quote does not mention WP holders, only Tier 1 and Tier 2 and Tier 5. Hence I am exempted. If the CW are asking for it, then they are not following the guidelines, which also makes valid sense.

Is there any where mentioned SPECIFICALLY that WP holders also require this letter of absence rather than from other users experience. Because if I can get that, I can either convince my HR or I can argue with the CW about it.

This has put me in a confusion right now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I haven't seen any thing for W.P holders. But there is no harm in taking one from your Employer. Why unnecessary hassle with the CW.
KEVIN

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Thats what I thought Kevin. But for some reason, the HR is creating issue regarding this letter. They have given me the SOC code and and employment letter which mentions everything. But when I asked to insert a line about paid annual leave, they started to argue that its not in the UKBA guidelines.

I would have been forceful and would have got my way in the end but when they mentioned that this does not include WP, only Tier 1,2,5, I gave in a little as they made sense (for once). I said that I will get back to them on Monday or Tuesday as I need time to think and do some research on this. Hence posting this question on the forum.

As you said Kevin, there is no harm in having it but I am surprised that the HR is making such an issue.

Just a question to everybody out there: Is there anyone who was on WP and got ILR but did not submit letter of absence?

I will try again on Monday again to get the letter or at least get a line inserted in the employment letter that I have been on paid leave while on holiday outside uk.

Wish me luck!!!

:?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:32 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Just a question to everybody out there: Is there anyone who was on WP and got ILR but did not submit letter of absence?
You will find that the answers you get will vary from case to case - some will say they submitted a letter and others will say they didn't require one. According to the rules you are required to submit a letter confirming any business related or annual leave related absences. However not all caseworkers ask for this - note however that this does not mean it is not required.

Therefore if you are able to get a letter before you apply I would urge you to do so.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks cs95tdg. You are right that it would depend on case by case basis.

But according to the rule, it DOES NOT mention WP holders. Only Tier 1,2,5.

But I will try to get this letter on Monday arguing on the basis that its better to have and be safe than not to have it and be sorry. I will also bear in mind to ask this question to the CW AFTER getting the decision

Thanks for you suggestion on this guys..Really appreciate it..

mubashir9819

Success for ILR in Croydon PEO on 30/05/2013

Post by mubashir9819 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi All

First of all, thanks to all the people on the forum that helped me prepare for my ILR application and the documentations without which it would have been quite difficult for me.

I got my ILR application approved today at Croydon PEO. My appointment was at 9:25 am and I was there at around 9:00 am. After airport security style check, and the initial application check on the first floor, we went to the third floor where I got the token number. The security people were really helpful all the way. I was told to wait in the waiting area for my token number to be called for the payment and once that was done (It took like 5 minutes for our number to be called), we again came back to the waiting area to be called for our passport entry into the database. As my dependents had their visa from abroad, that's why that took some time. Also there is the fact that I went to the desk that had a trainee who was new to this process. Hence it took around 30 minutes for this. The person training kept apologizing to me about this. At this stage, all our documents were taken from us. Once that was done, we again went to a different waiting area to be called for our bio metric. That took us around 15 minutes and then was told that we had the option either to wait or leave and come back after 2 hours. The time was 10:20 am at this stage. I took the option to leave and then come back. We went to the shopping mall just opposite the home office and had breakfast and just looked around. That took us around an hour and we went back. By looking at the screen which tracks the token number, it showed that our case has been dealt with and we can collect our documents. I went to the counter and they returned me all the original documents and was told that my application was successful. I would be receiving my card in 10 working days. By 11:40 am, I was out of the home office and on my way home.
Overall it was a good experience. The only thing was that when I arrived, the home office was quite empty but by 11:15 when we came back again, it was quite busy that it was hard to find a seat. As my case was already dealt with, I didn't have to wait so it was all well in the end.

Below is the list of documents I took with my application

Letter from home office about my fees for the appointment(This did not have the time and date of appointment, just that I have paid the appointment fees)
Internet confirmation about my time and date of appointment.

You would need the above 2 letters to enter the building of home office as they see that.

Application form
Photographs of myself and dependents
Employment letter (got the template from sticky notes)
Absence letter (got the template from sticky notes)
13 months payslips
13 months bank statement(I highlighted all my salary transaction just to make their job easier)
5 years P60 (Just to make my case strong)
5 years Employment history from HMRC (As you can get it free, I thought why not and also to check what they hold about me. It matched exactly with my P60)
Life in the UK for myself and wife
Marriage certificate
Children Birth Certificates
Children NHS card
Utility bills (Gas, Electricity and Water in joint names)
NHS letter for myself and wife
Wife back statements

The utility bills, NHS letter and wife bank statements covered two years on quarterly basis.

I had the tenancy agreements but did not provide that as I thought the above should be enough.

I had duplicates copies of all the above documents which I also submitted so that it would speed up the process and I think it did. Around one hour to decide my case is not bad. That is what I think.

I think that covers about everything. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I would be happy to answer them.

Once again thanks to everyone who helped me on this.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Success for ILR in Croydon PEO on 30/05/2013

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:29 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Hi All

First of all, thanks to all the people on the forum that helped me prepare for my ILR application and the documentations without which it would have been quite difficult for me.

I got my ILR application approved today at Croydon PEO. My appointment was at 9:25 am and I was there at around 9:00 am. After airport security style check, and the initial application check on the first floor, we went to the third floor where I got the token number. The security people were really helpful all the way. I was told to wait in the waiting area for my token number to be called for the payment and once that was done (It took like 5 minutes for our number to be called), we again came back to the waiting area to be called for our passport entry into the database. As my dependents had their visa from abroad, that's why that took some time. Also there is the fact that I went to the desk that had a trainee who was new to this process. Hence it took around 30 minutes for this. The person training kept apologizing to me about this. At this stage, all our documents were taken from us. Once that was done, we again went to a different waiting area to be called for our bio metric. That took us around 15 minutes and then was told that we had the option either to wait or leave and come back after 2 hours. The time was 10:20 am at this stage. I took the option to leave and then come back. We went to the shopping mall just opposite the home office and had breakfast and just looked around. That took us around an hour and we went back. By looking at the screen which tracks the token number, it showed that our case has been dealt with and we can collect our documents. I went to the counter and they returned me all the original documents and was told that my application was successful. I would be receiving my card in 10 working days. By 11:40 am, I was out of the home office and on my way home.
Overall it was a good experience. The only thing was that when I arrived, the home office was quite empty but by 11:15 when we came back again, it was quite busy that it was hard to find a seat. As my case was already dealt with, I didn't have to wait so it was all well in the end.

Below is the list of documents I took with my application

Letter from home office about my fees for the appointment(This did not have the time and date of appointment, just that I have paid the appointment fees)
Internet confirmation about my time and date of appointment.

You would need the above 2 letters to enter the building of home office as they see that.

Application form
Photographs of myself and dependents
Employment letter (got the template from sticky notes)
Absence letter (got the template from sticky notes)
13 months payslips
13 months bank statement(I highlighted all my salary transaction just to make their job easier)
5 years P60 (Just to make my case strong)
5 years Employment history from HMRC (As you can get it free, I thought why not and also to check what they hold about me. It matched exactly with my P60)
Life in the UK for myself and wife
Marriage certificate
Children Birth Certificates
Children NHS card
Utility bills (Gas, Electricity and Water in joint names)
NHS letter for myself and wife
Wife back statements

The utility bills, NHS letter and wife bank statements covered two years on quarterly basis.

I had the tenancy agreements but did not provide that as I thought the above should be enough.

I had duplicates copies of all the above documents which I also submitted so that it would speed up the process and I think it did. Around one hour to decide my case is not bad. That is what I think.

I think that covers about everything. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I would be happy to answer them.

Once again thanks to everyone who helped me on this.
Congratulations. Thank you for posting your Experience. Happy that the Forum Members were able to help you. Enjoy your ILR.Could you please tell me what details you entered when making your online PEO appointment. Was Passport No. was needed??
KEVIN

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks Kevin.

No. For appointment, I just entered the name and date of birth. Nothing else.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:43 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Thanks Kevin.

No. For appointment, I just entered the name and date of birth. Nothing else.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 pm

You were not asked for Tenancy agreement , Council Tax Invoices as proof of Co-Hab documents?
KEVIN

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:03 am

No. I had them in a separate file just in case it was asked at some stage but did not submit them. They were ok with the documents I submitted.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi All

Just to update, I got my and family BRP. I got approval on 30th May 2013 and BRP got delivered today. Now that is FAST SERVICE.

Thanks

Benedica
Newly Registered

Re: Help on Documentation for ILR

Post by Benedica » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Congrats on your successful application.

Can you pls tell me what SOC code you used to apply?

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Benedica wrote:Congrats on your successful application.

Can you pls tell me what SOC code you used to apply?

Thank you
You may have a long wait for a reply! This thread is over 3 years old and the member hasn't visited the forum for 18 months :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:10 am

Hi Benedica
I used the SOC code 2423 - Risk Analyst.
Thanks.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:12 am

Hi Benedica
I used the SOC code 2423 - Risk Analyst. Also this does not mean that this SOC code still exist. I am not in touch with the latest immigration rules and policies so you would need to find out from the forum members about it.
Thanks.