ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

qualifying time for naturalization

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am

So you don't need to wait for 1 year and you can apply any time you wish (after passing the life in the UK test).

BTW - the PR is for life (as long as you don't leave the UK for more than 2 years). It is the confirmation sticker that is vald for 10 years. Afterwards, you just need to renew it. Same as you do with a passport or a driving licence.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Jambo wrote:So you don't need to wait for 1 year and you can apply any time you wish (after passing the life in the UK test).

BTW - the PR is for life (as long as you don't leave the UK for more than 2 years). It is the confirmation sticker that is vald for 10 years. Afterwards, you just need to renew it. Same as you do with a passport or a driving licence.
Oh I didn't know that.I thought I had to reapply after 10 years showing all documents again....I might have my naturalization before 10years.thanks.