ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

False Documentation: What are the consequences?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mafia

Post by Mafia » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:43 pm

As far as I am aware, the anti-money laundering regulations apply to a variety of advisors. In fact anyone dealing with High Value Payments items (i.e. over €15,000 or roughly £9,000) mainly in cash or equivalent is caught by these regulations. It is unfair to single out just accountants or lawyers.
OL7MAX wrote:An accountant's top priority is NOT saving you tax or presenting an accurate picture of your company - it is Covering His mule.
I don’t have a problem with that as the client is aware of the terms and respective responsibilities by virtue of a letter of engagement (LoE) which, funnily enough, the client has signed up to. Did you not read the LoE?
OL7MAX wrote:To summarise, ten years ago I could trust my accountants and lawyers.
If you distrust the accountancy or legal profession, I would imagine the solution would be for you to deal directly or represent yourself with the authorities.
OL7MAX wrote:And, from my local chambers of business I can assure you there are hundreds of other businesses who realise that the situation has changed dramatically and it's not in their favour.
Ah, that old chestnut. Most local chambers of commerce are nothing more than a "networking" venue.

The Mafia ... :twisted:
Providing alternative opinions ... for better decisions.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:18 pm

Did you not read the LoE?
No. I learnt about my accountant's responsibilities via an apparition. But, hey, if you find an LoE that makes it as clear as my wording does about accountants and covering asses you'll have found an honest accountant! Now try looking for hen's teeth and you'll make history.
I would imagine the solution would be for you to deal directly or represent yourself with the authorities.
You imagine too much. Just because you don't trust someone it doesn't mean you don't let them work for you. If that catches on as a fashion there'd never be a cabinet in government!
Most local chambers of commerce are nothing more than a "networking" venue.
No kidding! I'm sorry I suggested they were arbiters of accounting standards. No, wait. What I said was that I "networked" among other businesses at the Chambers and solicited their opinions. Damn! In so astutely deducing that Chambers are networking tools you blew my entire argument - about this government supervising an erosion of civil liberties - clean out of the water.

By the way, you may want to check out usage of old chestnut.

Does anyone want to go back to talking about the OP and false documentation?