ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Redundancy - New Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veenra
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Redundancy - New Sponsor

Post by veenra » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi There,

I am under Tier2 General visa which is valid till Feb 2016.

I have been made redundant and my last working day is 29th August 2014.
And my new sponsor is ready to make an application on 22nd September 2014.

I understand I can stay in UK for 60 days after 29th August.

And my question here is :
My spouse who is under Tier2 Dependent visa is working for an employer - is she allowed to work till my new employer makes an application.

Please let me know

Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:52 pm

veenra wrote:Hi There,

application for what?

you can stay for 60 days from the date UKVI curtail your visa which will not be on 29 Aug but later.

My spouse who is under Tier2 Dependent visa is working for an employer - is she allowed to work till my new employer makes an application.
s/he is allowed to work while s/he has valid leave as a PBS dependant

Please let me know

Thank you

veenra
Newly Registered

Post by veenra » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank for you very much for your reply :) - please see my answers inline to your questions

Also, my current tier2 general visa started from Feb 2013 and is valid till Feb 2016.
Now, my new employer will make a fresh application for tier 2 general visa in September last week. (22nd Sept)

So, there will be a gap between Aug 29th 2014 and September 22nd 2014- Will this affect my ILR application in say Feb 2018 ?
And will I be able to join my new employer once he makes new Tier2 application ? i.e Can I join new organisation from Sept 23rd ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

application for what?
Application for new tier 2 general visa

you can stay for 60 days from the date UKVI curtail your visa which will not be on 29 Aug but later.

s/he is allowed to work while s/he has valid leave as a PBS dependant
Thank you
Please let me know

Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 am

veenra wrote: I am under Tier2 General visa which is valid till Feb 2016.

application for what?
Application for new tier 2 general visa
once the sponsor assigns the CoS to you it is you who has to apply for the visa, not the sponsor

aak86
Newly Registered

Post by aak86 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:33 am

Hi,

I've recently been made redundant and I wanted to know when my grace period will likely be ending. I'm considering if I should look for other jobs at all and only if the grace period is long enough, I will try. Anyway, here are details

Last working day: 1st January 2015
My employer has already notified the UKBA via the sponsorship system - 3rd December.

My understanding is that I will be notified via post by the UKBA of the curtailment and my grace period. In my case, when do you expect my grace period to end? January 29th? (28 days after the termination of my sponsorship?) Or will it be shorter?

Many thanks for your help.

AAK

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:08 am

aak86 wrote:Hi,

I've recently been made redundant and I wanted to know when my grace period will likely be ending. I'm considering if I should look for other jobs at all and only if the grace period is long enough, I will try. Anyway, here are details

Last working day: 1st January 2015
My employer has already notified the UKBA via the sponsorship system - 3rd December.

My understanding is that I will be notified via post by the UKBA of the curtailment and my grace period. In my case, when do you expect my grace period to end? January 29th? (28 days after the termination of my sponsorship?) Or will it be shorter?
your visa will be curtailed to 60 days from the date UKVI make the decision to curtail, not from your termination date. Currently there are delays in making curtailment decisions so you have quite a bit of time in hand to look for another sponsor
Many thanks for your help.

AAK

aak86
Newly Registered

Post by aak86 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Thank you very much, that helps. I guess its motivated me to apply for a few jobs after all.

One more thing, I will be notified of my grace period via a letter from the UKVI? If I don't receive any letter, can I call some helpline? or equivalent? Even by accident, I don't want to do stay illegally hence the caution.

Appreciate your help.

AAK

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:59 am

aak86 wrote:Thank you very much, that helps. I guess its motivated me to apply for a few jobs after all.

One more thing, I will be notified of my grace period via a letter from the UKVI? If I don't receive any letter, can I call some helpline? or equivalent? Even by accident, I don't want to do stay illegally hence the caution.
currently there are delays in sending out curtailment letters but apparently from Jan the process will be speeded up. Make sure UKVI have your current address

Appreciate your help.

AAK

aak86
Newly Registered

Post by aak86 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:53 pm

manci, thank you for all your help here. Just a quick question. My last working day was January 2nd, 2015 and the UKVI was notified by my sponsor long ago (check two previous posts for quick details).

I'm yet to receive my curtailment letter and you did mention a couple of times that there are currently delays in processing them. Do I have 60 days from when I receive the letter? How will I know what is the UKVI decision date otherwise?

I called the UKVI and the person on the other side said, "We haven't sent out anything yet but 60 days from last working day is what you should go by". So, I'm currently assuming its 60 days from 2nd January but also, I'm working on a couple of job prospects which could potentially run into mid-March so really understanding when the 60 days begin is important for me.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:32 pm

the 60 days is not from your termination date but from the date of the UKVI curtailment decision.

aak86
Newly Registered

Post by aak86 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:55 am

manci wrote:the 60 days is not from your termination date but from the date of the UKVI curtailment decision.
So the date of the UKVI curtailment decision will be in the letter?

Cheers for all the help.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 am

the expiry date of the curtailed visa will be in the letter

aak86
Newly Registered

Post by aak86 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi manci,

Hope you've been well.

I still haven't received any letter from the UKVI and I have confirmed that they have the correct address on the phone. I'm planning to call them up early next week to 'check' my status if that's possible.

But I'm beginning to get worried with the uncertainty surrounding the dates because, I'm expecting to have a new sponsor (multiple interviews in advances stages) by end of this month (which will be 60 days from last day of work) but the RLMT will take another 28 days on top of it. As it stands, I haven't received any letter from them so its likely that I will have until say end March at least?

Also, are you an immigration lawyer? I'd to happy to get in touch formally one things are confirmed?

AAK

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi manci,

Recently I sent a mail to UKBA to update my current address by filling the attached application form.
I am trying to contact them using below number since 1 week to check if they have updated or not, but the number is not at all ringing. If you or anyone aware of different contact number, please let me know. Appreciate your reply.

Phone: 0870 606 7766
Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
Attachments
CoC__Migrant__04-14.zip
(193.59 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:29 am

ravisb_2014 wrote:Hi manci,

Recently I sent a mail to UKBA to update my current address by filling the attached application form.
I am trying to contact them using below number since 1 week to check if they have updated or not, but the number is not at all ringing. If you or anyone aware of different contact number, please let me know. Appreciate your reply.

Phone: 0870 606 7766
0300 123 2241

Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks manci.. Appreciate your help.

john1986
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by john1986 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:43 am

hi all,
i need your advices before come to England .
i will be sponsored by a big company, i'm programmer engineer .
so i have a many question :
1 - how many years i must stay with this company before changing ?
2 - if they sack me in 3 months or 1 year after coming, what will be my situation, i read some thing like 60 days to leave england .
3 - what is duration of first resident card that i will get? 3 years or 5 ?
i'm very careful, because i will come with my wife and children.
so maybe it's a bad idea to work in England, if i must stay with them more than 3 years .....

thanks a lot