ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointments booked before 6th April 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 pm

We will have a better picture by tomorrow morning or in 48 hours,

If the appointments stay active on the booking system then there is no requirement for £100 deposit

but if they start cancelling appointments because of non-payment of deposit then we just need to rebook appointments and pay the deposit fee

knowing the IT problems with UKBA and contradictory information received on my phone call I think its safe to make payment in advance to keep he appointment intact

Kevin24 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:If you choose option 1 they are in such a hurry (actually we were waiting on a 08 number!!!) that din't even listen to what I was asking, rather asked me to pay for my appointment. Then I called again (I could have simply paid the appointment fee rather wasting my money for a 08 number :D ) and chose general enquires and the person answered was a nice guy and confirmed I don;t need to pay if I have booked my appointment prior to 6th April
That is very good news. Thank You.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 pm

after making a payment , I got another email as well

I think they put some sort of flag saying its paid so they don't cancel the appointment automatically

tanvirni wrote:
tanvirni wrote:I just called UKBA and after giving my booking reference number they asked for £200 deposit(with one dependent). I have paid by card and they are sending a confirmation letter in 5 working days.

I have booked it before 6th for 26th of April.
My understanding is they may edited my appointment and re-booked it and took the payment. As I received two more same email saying you appointment is booked.

Will update you when I received the letter in 5 working days.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Just called myself a minute ago and the guy said if you booked the appointment before 6th of April then you don't need to pay and the appointment will not be cancelled as it was booked before 6th of April.

He also said that you will pay with your PEO appointment on the day.

Also, he confirmed that they don't have a system to put a note on an appointment to say don't cancel but assured me that the appointment will not be cancelled.

Goodluck.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 pm

[iD] wrote:Just called myself a minute ago and the guy said if you booked the appointment before 6th of April then you don't need to pay and the appointment will not be cancelled as it was booked before 6th of April.

He also said that you will pay with your PEO appointment on the day.

Also, he confirmed that they don't have a system to put a note on an appointment to say don't cancel but assured me that the appointment will not be cancelled.

Thanks for the extra assurance.

apahuja

Post by apahuja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Lorenzo wrote:
MonkeyBusiness wrote:
Just called UKBA and was told appointments booked before 6th do not require a deposit fee of £100
Just to double confirm. Even I confirmed calling UKBA today that appointments booked prior to 6th April doesn't require a booking fee (£100)
Thats correct . appointment booked before 6th april 2013 do not need to pay £100 each person before. That could be adjusted when appear at peo. If someone not paying booking fee then they would pay £375 per person at person + application fee. If paid booking fee then one has to pay £275 per person + application fee

Hope it makes sense.

rt987
Newly Registered

Post by rt987 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

I called up and selected option 1 this time and straight away they asked me to pay as the appointment is after 6th April.

After taking down the reference number, they took all the details again - name, DOB etc as if they were booking a new appointment.

Have received a confirmation email now and will be sent a letter in 5 working days.

My suggestion would be to pay the £100 for peace of mind.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:56 pm

I agree with rt987

for peace of mind if you are sure you are attending appointment
make the payment now,

rt987 wrote:I called up and selected option 1 this time and straight away they asked me to pay as the appointment is after 6th April.

After taking down the reference number, they took all the details again - name, DOB etc as if they were booking a new appointment.

Have received a confirmation email now and will be sent a letter in 5 working days.

My suggestion would be to pay the £100 for peace of mind.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Lorenzo wrote:If you choose option 1 they are in such a hurry (actually we were waiting on a 08 number!!!) that din't even listen to what I was asking, rather asked me to pay for my appointment. Then I called again (I could have simply paid the appointment fee rather wasting my money for a 08 number :D ) and chose general enquires and the person answered was a nice guy and confirmed I don;t need to pay if I have booked my appointment prior to 6th April
thanks a lot

This helped me a lot .. just called on this number (option 1) and done the payment ..Cheers

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm

They are always busy, I have been trying to reach them since morning.
I dont have any emails and I am not paying them, I am going to take that chance.

I booked way in advance before 6th April.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:They are always busy, I have been trying to reach them since morning.
I dont have any emails and I am not paying them, I am going to take that chance.

Don't worry Mate! One of My friends has received an E-mail, that she need not pay the £100,for her Liverpool PEO appointment on 15th April. As she booked her appointment before 06/04/2013.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:They are always busy, I have been trying to reach them since morning.

To put your mind at ease, I strongly advise you or anybody to call them and get confirmation.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Kevin24 wrote: Don't worry Mate! One of My friends has received an E-mail, that she need not pay the £100,for her Liverpool PEO appointment on 15th April. As she booked her appointment before 06/04/2013.
How did she receive the email? Did she ask for it or they sent it by themselves?
Goodluck.

lxx

Post by lxx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

called 0870 606 7766 option 1-1, the lady said I did not have to pay £100 as appointment booked before 6 April.
Last edited by lxx on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

[iD] wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: Don't worry Mate! One of My friends has received an E-mail, that she need not pay the £100,for her Liverpool PEO appointment on 15th April. As she booked her appointment before 06/04/2013.
How did she receive the email? Did she ask for it or they sent it by themselves?
She send them an E-mail and got confirmation back before the end of the day.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
[iD] wrote:
She send them an E-mail and got confirmation back before the end of the day.
Can you get us that email address please?
Goodluck.

jestinc
Newly Registered

Post by jestinc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I booked an appointment on 8th and paid for it today. The website says that we will loose the appointment fee if we reschedule it but when I asked the CW she told that i can reschedule it without loosing my payment. Can someone clarify this?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:25 pm

jestinc wrote:I booked an appointment on 8th and paid for it today. The website says that we will loose the appointment fee if we reschedule it but when I asked the CW she told that i can reschedule it without loosing my payment. Can someone clarify this?
I think it says if you reschedule, you need to allow 5 working days from the application date, otherwise you may lose your money.
I am wondering why can not UKBA make the payment online and automatic just like shopping online?What stops them from doing that?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 pm

alanwong wrote:
jestinc wrote:I booked an appointment on 8th and paid for it today. The website says that we will loose the appointment fee if we reschedule it but when I asked the CW she told that i can reschedule it without loosing my payment. Can someone clarify this?
I think it says if you reschedule, you need to allow 5 working days from the application date, otherwise you may lose your money.
I am wondering why can not UKBA make the payment online and automatic just like shopping online?What stops them from doing that?
It could be that their system cannot cope with the No. of applicants. Also with you calling and making the Payment of £ 100,it reduces the chance s of fraud. Another advantage is easier for staff to update your appointment. You too are confident about your appointment,on a particular day and time. and is confirmed. .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

For appointments made before 06/04 £ 100 is not charged for Appointment fee,as per UKBA. But New SET O Form says, for a Single Applicant visa FEES is £1426., for PEO appointments. ie £ 375 more than the previous Fees,which includes the £ 100 appointment FEE,.This is really confusing to applicants.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Received UKBA letter with appointment details and saying this deposit will be adjusted with PEO application payment.

tanvirni wrote:I just called UKBA and after giving my booking reference number they asked for £200 deposit(with one dependent). I have paid by card and they are sending a confirmation letter in 5 working days.

MonkeyBusiness wrote:I did see that message on the booking system and was the reason I called UKBA and they confirmed no need to make deposit payment if you booked appointment before 6th April

skilled_migrant wrote:Two weeks ago, I booked an appointment for May. When I see appointment details, the check list is changed now to ask for the booking fee. Although I did not get any alert / notice to pay for the fee.

Here is the new check list from booked appointment, with first and last point added now.

Appointment checklist

If you have to pay for your application, you must make a payment shortly after booking your appointment. You can find out how to pay, and when you need to pay, by reading paying for our premium service http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/. If you do not pay in time, we will normally cancel your appointment.

Print and sign the application form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Continue below.

Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. You will need this time for security checks. If your appointment is at the Croydon PEO, please do not arrive any earlier than this. You will not be allowed into the building because we have limited seating.

Bring all the dependants included in your application with you to this appointment.

Bring a printout of this page or your confirmation email.

Bring confirmation that you have paid, if you needed to pay.

Bring your supporting documents. See your application form and guidance notes for details.

If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment. If you do not attend your booked appointment, we will not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

tanvirni wrote:Received UKBA letter with appointment details and saying this deposit will be adjusted with PEO application payment.

MonkeyBusiness wrote:I did see that message on the booking system and was the reason I called UKBA and they confirmed no need to make deposit payment if you booked appointment before 6th April

skilled_migrant wrote:Two weeks ago, I booked an appointment for May. When I see appointment details, the check list is changed now to ask for the booking fee. Although I did not get any alert / notice to pay for the fee.

Here is the new check list from booked appointment, with first and last point added now.

Appointment checklist

If you have to pay for your application, you must make a payment shortly after booking your appointment. You can find out how to pay, and when you need to pay, by reading paying for our premium service http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/. If you do not pay in time, we will normally cancel your appointment.

Print and sign the application form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Continue below.

Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. You will need this time for security checks. If your appointment is at the Croydon PEO, please do not arrive any earlier than this. You will not be allowed into the building because we have limited seating.

Bring all the dependants included in your application with you to this appointment.

Bring a printout of this page or your confirmation email.

Bring confirmation that you have paid, if you needed to pay.

Bring your supporting documents. See your application form and guidance notes for details.

If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment. If you do not attend your booked appointment, we will not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant unless there are exceptional circumstances.
That's good news. How are they going to adjust this £ 100, for applicants who booked before 06/04 and are going for appointments after 06/04.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Kevin24 wrote: That's good news. How are they going to adjust this £ 100, for applicants who booked before 06/04 and are going for appointments after 06/04.
They'll charge you £100 less if you've already paid for your appointment. If you booked appointment before 6th of April and haven't paid by the time you have your appointment they'll charge you full £375 for appearing in person.
Goodluck.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:01 pm

[iD] wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: That's good news. How are they going to adjust this £ 100, for applicants who booked before 06/04 and are going for appointments after 06/04.
They'll charge you £100 less if you've already paid for your appointment. If you booked appointment before 6th of April and haven't paid by the time you have your appointment they'll charge you full £375 for appearing in person.
Thank you for the update. If they have confirmed that you need not pay the £100, Will they still charge you £375,at the time of appointment.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
[iD] wrote:
Thank you for the update. If they have confirmed that you need not pay the £100, Will they still charge you £375,at the time of appointment.
Oh no no! If your appointment is after 6th of April, you will pay for it no matter what. The only difference is when.
If you booked before 6th of April (for after 6th of April), you'll pay £375 on the day of the appointment.
If you booked your appointment after 6th of April then you'll pay £100 in advance and £275 when you appear for your appointment.
Goodluck.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 pm

[iD] wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
[iD] wrote:
Oh no no! If your appointment is after 6th of April, you will pay for it no matter what. The only difference is when.
If you booked before 6th of April (for after 6th of April), you'll pay £375 on the day of the appointment.
If you booked your appointment after 6th of April then you'll pay £100 in advance and £275 when you appear for your appointment.
Thank You for your clarification.