ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved 15/04/2013 @ Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Congratulations!

Are your absences either paid annual leave or weekend/bank holiday trips?

sjj101
Newly Registered

Re: ILR approved 15/04/2013 @ Croydon

Post by sjj101 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 pm

ldbright wrote:Can we use these stamps (leave and enter) on passport as our UK absent evidence?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it.

The stamps in your passport(s) are already evidence that you've been outside the UK which will automatically be submitted when you hand in your passport. You also have to list the dates and reasons for absence from the UK on page 14 of the Set(O) document.

From what I understand the UKBA wants to know WHY you've been outside the UK and that's where section 6.3 in the Set(O) document becomes relevant "What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?"

In my case the letter from my employer stated that I was on holiday/weekend breaks and that was sufficient.
Last edited by sjj101 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sjj101
Newly Registered

Post by sjj101 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 pm

snowball001 wrote:Congratulations!

Are your absences either paid annual leave or weekend/bank holiday trips?
Yes, all holidays were annual leave or weekends.

deleted_user

Re: ILR approved 15/04/2013 @ Croydon

Post by deleted_user » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 pm

ldbright wrote: I don't have a leave card, don't know whether it is enough just provide oversea absences.
The evidence requirement clearly states:
6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
It says absences from UK not absences from work. So I would not worry about any leave where you were in the UK.