ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa

Post by manci » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 am

not sure why "reason for visit" came up in the online process, you may have followed an incorrect path. Your husband is not applying for a visitor's visa but for a Tier 2 General dependant's visa. Normally, as far as I know, the process should look like this (but of course the HO may have changed it):

Type of visa: Work
Purpose of Application: Tier 2 General
Type of Application: Tier 2 General Partner

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:14 pm

manci wrote:not sure why "reason for visit" came up in the online process, you may have followed an incorrect path. Your husband is not applying for a visitor's visa but for a Tier 2 General dependant's visa. Normally, as far as I know, the process should look like this (but of course the HO may have changed it):

Type of visa: Work
Purpose of Application: Tier 2 General
Type of Application: Tier 2 General Partner
Thank you Manci for this, but then you select the above mentioned options the total cost of application comes to USD 850 and when you select this:

Reason for Visit: Work
Visa Type: Employment (non Points Based System)
Visa Sub Type: Dependants of current Work Permit Holders

The cost (after filling in all the information) comes to USD 450 - so i wanted to make sure im making the right choice. Thank you very much!

Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:32 pm

the HO fee for the T2G dependant visa is £494 (approx. $850) - this cannot be helped, and this is the visa your husband should apply for.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:49 pm

your husband should submit with his application evidence that you have met and that the relationship is subsisting - wedding photo, emails before and after the marriage, etc.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:04 am

manci wrote:your husband should submit with his application evidence that you have met and that the relationship is subsisting - wedding photo, emails before and after the marriage, etc.
Manci thank you so much!!! I didn't know about that! This is a great help! We are now collating all documents for the interview. I will print Skype conversations, since we do not use emails.

Regards,
Maggie

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:37 pm

manci wrote:your husband should submit with his application evidence that you have met and that the relationship is subsisting - wedding photo, emails before and after the marriage, etc.
Manci thank you for your advise. My husband has an interview tomorrow for Tier 2 (Gen) Dependent Spouse visa; we have printed 50 photos and wanted to ask if is enough? Also is it ok to provide a CD with all the correspondense before and after marraige? We wanted to print it out but there are thousands of pages just from 2013-2014? Thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:28 pm

you probably have more than enough - good luck for tomorrow

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:41 am

magelenn wrote:[

Reason for Visit: Work
Visa Type: Employment (non Points Based System)
Visa Sub Type: Dependants of current Work Permit Holders

Maggie
Dear Manci, i got a quick query - we are awaiting Dependant of Tier 2 (Gen) PBS worker visa any day now and i was wondering once my husband gets it, is it allowed for him to book 1 way ticket from American to UK since he'll get 1 year dependancy visa and airlines dont allow to book 1 year return, plus we've learnt that once expired he will be able to extend it with the Main Applicant inside the UK.
On the other hand, I am worried that if he books 1 way, the Immigration Border officers might have a problem with that?
Please kindly advise at your convenience and thank you so much,

Maggie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:49 am

one way ticket is OK.
His interview was a month ago. Has he heard that his visa is approved?

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

manci wrote:one way ticket is OK.
Thank you for asking and for your advice. We still haven't heard from them. We are going to call FedEx this week. I will keep you updated. Thanks so much!

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:40 am

manci wrote:one way ticket is OK.
Thank you Manci a million for all your help.
My husband just now got his passport back with a Tier 2 Dependency Spouse visa!
We wouldn't have got it without your assistance and advise!
Thank you very much,

Maggie

ilovecats
Newly Registered

Post by ilovecats » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi! I know this thread is from some months back but wanted to ask some advice as my husband and I are in the same situation/process they were, we are both from Mexico.

My main question is if we need to provide proof or where we will be living. I ask this because I arrived in the UK to work in April, and have been staying with a friend (not paying rent), and have just found a flat but will not be moving in until the 20th. I read somewhere that he will need to submit a copy of my tenancy agreement plus some other certificate that proves that there won't be any overcrowding. Is this true, and if so, where can I get such certificate? I am afraid we won't be able to get it before my husband needs to hand in his supporting documents!

I will really appreciate any advice!

Sandra

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:51 pm

If you have a T2G visa and your husband applies from Mexico to join you as your dependant he will have to shown maintenance funds (unless your sponsor certifies maintenance for him) but proof of accommodation is not required.

The guidance for PBS dependants:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

ilovecats
Newly Registered

Post by ilovecats » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Manci!

He is applying in Mexico, and when filling out the Maintenance Funds part, he choose the 'Own/Main Applicant' option. We had been planning for me to send him my UK bank statements, which show I have sufficient funds for him, and the funds have been there for the 90 day required period. Is this proof acceptable, or does it have to be funds in an account of his?

I also have two other questions regarding to parts of the application:

- There is a part that asks 'Are you travelling with the applicant or joining later'? However, the guidance at the right of the screen asks for my number of passport, which seems weird, do you know what he should fill out here? It's also a bit complicated because I will be travelling to Mexico and if hopefully his visa is granted then we might be travelling together, so we initally thought he should answer 'joining later' because he is applying on his own and we are not sure if we will be coming to uk together, but now we are in doubt.

- Where he is asked the start day of my employment, does this mean the actual date I started work, or the date my visa was issued? My first visa was issued on the 26th of February but I started work on the 5th of April, and have since been granted an extension of my visa, with a different start date. Aslo, my second and current CoS states the start of work date as 29 june 2014. Which one should he fill out?

Again, I deeply appreciate and thank you for your advice!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 pm

ilovecats wrote:Thank you so much for your reply Manci!

He is applying in Mexico, and when filling out the Maintenance Funds part, he choose the 'Own/Main Applicant' option. We had been planning for me to send him my UK bank statements, which show I have sufficient funds for him, and the funds have been there for the 90 day required period. Is this proof acceptable, or does it have to be funds in an account of his?
your bank statements are OK but they have to be originals, not copies.
I also have two other questions regarding to parts of the application:

- There is a part that asks 'Are you travelling with the applicant or joining later'? However, the guidance at the right of the screen asks for my number of passport, which seems weird, do you know what he should fill out here? It's also a bit complicated because I will be travelling to Mexico and if hopefully his visa is granted then we might be travelling together, so we initally thought he should answer 'joining later' because he is applying on his own and we are not sure if we will be coming to uk together, but now we are in doubt.
joining later would be OK.

- Where he is asked the start day of my employment, does this mean the actual date I started work, or the date my visa was issued? My first visa was issued on the 26th of February but I started work on the 5th of April, and have since been granted an extension of my visa, with a different start date. Aslo, my second and current CoS states the start of work date as 29 june 2014. Which one should he fill out?
the actual job start date after you got your initial visa.
Although your husband has to apply online it would help if you looked at the paper application form and the guidance notes:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /vaf10.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf

Again, I deeply appreciate and thank you for your advice!

ilovecats
Newly Registered

Post by ilovecats » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:43 am

Thank you again for your reply Manci! It's very useful information. Also thanks for the links to the guidance and paper application, it's really weird we had found a different paper application, but I think it's one for applicants that are already in the UK.

There is one more thing we aren't clear about. My husband was previously married and had a tier 4 dependant visa from 2007-2009, and renewed from 2009-2011, he left the UK before the second visa expired though, in 2010, because they separated and eventually got a divorce last year (2013). She stayed in the UK and I believe she now has her ILR (she's from Mexico too). We got married in March this year. He is going to include his divorce certificate (with translated copy from a certified translator), should we include any other supporting document?

Much appreciation for your advice, and have a lovely weekend!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:56 am

the divorce/marriage certificates should deal with marital status but make sure all documents submitted are originals.

esash
Newly Registered

Post by esash » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Dear Manci,

I saw your replies and they were very much accurate to the question asked. I have a few queries regarding my Tier - 2 general dependent visa. I have posted a new question here.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... #p1114187

Can you please reply to my questions as well?

Please help me also. Thanks a lot.

g.amit17
Newly Registered

Post by g.amit17 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi,

I'm here in UK on ICT tier-2 long term staff visa from last 8 months and I'm applying for ICT tier 2 dependent visa for my wife and child. For accommodation I'm going to sign a tenacy agreement soon but letting agency (Romans lettings) is not allowing me to add my spouse in tenacy agreement giving reason that i need to submit first her dependent visa to them and tenacy agreement would be solely on my name. I argued but it didn't help.
My question here is it required to have dependent names on tenacy agreement? Would it cause any problem during visa process? Also I'm not sure whether accommodation proof is required or not for this visa? UK government website do not mention this. One of the online agent told me that since i'm applying for 3 year old child,overcrowding rule might get applied and hence accomodation proof is needed. Can anybody help me here to get the answers for above two queries 1> would it be ok if tenacy agreement is signed without listing dependent names as either tenant or occupier ? And 2 > would it really needed to have accommodation proof for this visa approval?

Thanks,
Amit

g.amit17
Newly Registered

Post by g.amit17 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi,

I'm here in UK on ICT tier-2 long term staff visa from last 8 months and I'm applying for ICT tier 2 dependent visa for my wife and child. For accommodation I'm going to sign a tenacy agreement soon but letting agency (Romans lettings) is not allowing me to add my spouse in tenacy agreement giving reason that i need to submit first her dependent visa to them and tenacy agreement would be solely on my name. I argued but it didn't help.
My question here is it required to have dependent names on tenacy agreement? Would it cause any problem during visa process? Also I'm not sure whether accommodation proof is required or not for this visa? UK government website do not mention this. One of the online agent told me that since i'm applying for 3 year old child,overcrowding rule might get applied and hence accomodation proof is needed. Can anybody help me here to get the answers for above two queries 1> would it be ok if tenacy agreement is signed without listing dependent names as either tenant or occupier ? And 2 > would it really needed to have accommodation proof for this visa approval?

Thanks,
Amit