ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused after interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sun May 05, 2013 5:34 pm

I remember one of my friend's friend who was refused on the basis that he could not genuinely establish his business because before 3 years time, his 10 years as a legal residence would led him to get ILR and in Entrepreneur Scheme, HO would not be able to justify his business progress.

It happened about 7-8 months back and he launched appeal. I dont know what happened later.

I think on the same probability, caseworker refused you. 'Probabilities' could not be exchanged with 'Facts'. You have facts to present in appeal. Go ahead and you will win.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Sun May 05, 2013 5:52 pm

This is worrying.

What exactly does UKBA want to hear during the interview?

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:14 pm

hi,
I agree they not able to give solid reason to refuse, yes i am going to appeal.

Thank you.
RizKCB wrote:I remember one of my friend's friend who was refused on the basis that he could not genuinely establish his business because before 3 years time, his 10 years as a legal residence would led him to get ILR and in Entrepreneur Scheme, HO would not be able to justify his business progress.

It happened about 7-8 months back and he launched appeal. I dont know what happened later.

I think on the same probability, caseworker refused you. 'Probabilities' could not be exchanged with 'Facts'. You have facts to present in appeal. Go ahead and you will win.

business genius

Post by business genius » Sun May 05, 2013 9:01 pm

who ever has got the visa its their luck!!!
So don't even discuss the reason or genuine ness of others.
Your concern should be with your own refusal and the reasons given by UKBA. Its very subjective reason that you don't seem to be genuine business person. One of the strong refusal reason might be ur business and educational backgrounds are two different things. I think good barrister will collect the good reasons to justify it in appeal
Go ahead and appeal!!Good luck, Be positive and look for an opportunity in this decision.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi,
I agree dear, thank you very much.

regards
business genius wrote:who ever has got the visa its their luck!!!
So don't even discuss the reason or genuine ness of others.
Your concern should be with your own refusal and the reasons given by UKBA. Its very subjective reason that you don't seem to be genuine business person. One of the strong refusal reason might be ur business and educational backgrounds are two different things. I think good barrister will collect the good reasons to justify it in appeal
Go ahead and appeal!!Good luck, Be positive and look for an opportunity in this decision.

removed user

Post by removed user » Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

It doesnt seem like they are processing applications that had an interview. How come your barrister received decision on all of his applicants?

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm

over this debate of Genuine or non genuine my question is how it can be measured? how possibly you can say somebody is genuine or not just after an hour of interview? when somebody cant be refused on the basis of documentary evidence then its really only way to refuse them by saying that you are not genuine. they got nothing to lose and i think this is the toughest bases on which somebody is been refused coz its not easy to prove even in appeal.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm

i think its easy to win in appeal, as someone can argue that he met all requirements and willing to invest in business. Its hard to prove in Admin review but you can argue in appeal.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Tue May 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Naheedsammar wrote:over this debate of Genuine or non genuine my question is how it can be measured? how possibly you can say somebody is genuine or not just after an hour of interview? when somebody cant be refused on the basis of documentary evidence then its really only way to refuse them by saying that you are not genuine. they got nothing to lose and i think this is the toughest bases on which somebody is been refused coz its not easy to prove even in appeal.
1] over this debate of Genuine or non genuine my question is how it can be measured?
ans -- over the documents you have supplied and after the interview

2] how possibly you can say somebody is genuine or not just after an hour of interview?
ans -- just the same way we give one or two hours examination at the end of one whole year which decides whether we pass or fail.

3] when somebody cant be refused on the basis of documentary evidence then its really only way to refuse them by saying that you are not genuine.??
ans -- No, the interview is also an evidence. What and how you answer is recorded. Its just like a police interrogation. It is not a job interview if that is what people think it to be.

Some agents say, if you got interview call that means you will 100% get visa. It is the other way round.

When one goes for interview, they must go fully prepared to answer any question related to their application, their business and finances.

My post is not directed to any particular member. I am not defending UKBA, but just trying to remove the misconception people have about interview.

Imran14

Post by Imran14 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:21 pm

sad news

omairsunny
Newly Registered

Post by omairsunny » Tue May 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Shinya wrote:
Naheedsammar wrote:over this debate of Genuine or non genuine my question is how it can be measured? how possibly you can say somebody is genuine or not just after an hour of interview? when somebody cant be refused on the basis of documentary evidence then its really only way to refuse them by saying that you are not genuine. they got nothing to lose and i think this is the toughest bases on which somebody is been refused coz its not easy to prove even in appeal.
1] over this debate of Genuine or non genuine my question is how it can be measured?

2] how possibly you can say somebody is genuine or not just after an hour of interview?
ans -- just the same way we give one or two hours examination at the end of one whole year which decides whether we pass or fail.

3] when somebody cant be refused on the basis of documentary evidence then its really only way to refuse them by saying that you are not genuine.??
ans -- No, the interview is also an evidence. What and how you answer is recorded. Its just like a police interrogation. It is not a job interview if that is what people think it to be.

Some agents say, if you got interview call that means you will 100% get visa. It is the other way round.

When one goes for interview, they must go fully prepared to answer any question related to their application, their business and finances.

All fine, first of all, ent123 keep your spirits high as my brother went into appeal on something similar to your situation and he won it after a proper fight back. Every one knows if you want to " Stay here and do whatever you want to do " then I have not seen many people going back home!
Secondly do a good preparation for appeal and AT least I am 110% sure judge will " allow your appeal"
Finally keep smiling and carry on, all the best :)

My post is not directed to any particular member. I am not defending UKBA, but just trying to remove the misconception people have about interview.

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 pm

how many do you know who got refused after attending interviews?
Shinya wrote:

Sug

Hi

Post by Sug » Tue May 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Shinya wrote:

I don't agree with you in this matter just because one can't answer the questions can't say they are not genuine
But also here in this room every body main intention is to stay in uk
And what ever ukba set up the standerds for the immigrants there are people who mould themselves to fit into the requirements that what makes immigrants more successfull than the locals ,they have survived all the hardships and put all their strengths to settle in any first world
Best of luck to every one and even if u get rejected based on interview there are fair chances to win in appeal
And a successfull business can't be decided in closed doors by ukba
End of the day it's the applicants money
And about you ,u have put me a private msg asking my friend to give you money so that you can drop for visa ,you are the one who want to come from back door to get visa there are people in this forum who are genuine and facing problems please don't just scare people saying that ukba interview is just like police interrogation , even the recorded statement in the police interrogation is not considered as an evidence in the court .end of the day it's the requirement of evidence that you establish at appeal court .
Hi

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm

hi,
Its ok Guys, Dont fight, its my bad luck or whatever, i will face it, i have to anyway. I will go for an appeal.

Please just pray for Imran Khan. Thanks.

Regards

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Tue May 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Alhamdulillah he is fine..ll be back on stage soon.
Ent2013 wrote:hi,
Its ok Guys, Dont fight, its my bad luck or whatever, i will face it, i have to anyway. I will go for an appeal.

Please just pray for Imran Khan. Thanks.

Regards

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:21 pm

yup, INSHA ALLAH

Regards

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Shinya wrote:

total BULLSHIT

Shinya

Re: Hi

Post by Shinya » Wed May 08, 2013 1:13 am

Sug wrote:
I don't agree with you in this matter just because one can't answer the questions can't say they are not genuine
But also here in this room every body main intention is to stay in uk
And what ever ukba set up the standerds for the immigrants there are people who mould themselves to fit into the requirements that what makes immigrants more successfull than the locals ,they have survived all the hardships and put all their strengths to settle in any first world
Best of luck to every one and even if u get rejected based on interview there are fair chances to win in appeal
And a successfull business can't be decided in closed doors by ukba
End of the day it's the applicants money

And about you ,u have put me a private msg asking my friend to give you money so that you can drop for visa ,you are the one who want to come from back door to get visa there are people in this forum who are genuine and facing problems please don't just scare people saying that ukba interview is just like police interrogation , even the recorded statement in the police interrogation is not considered as an evidence in the court .end of the day it's the requirement of evidence that you establish at appeal court .
If you dont agree, please dont. But, what you have written about me is very nasty and baseless and sheer nonsense....if you were an educated person, you would have never written like this in public. Did I say anything personal to you that you are attacking me this way saying I asked your friend for money??

Before i went through venture capital firm, I did ask many people/private money lenders and also offered to pay good interest rate. It was same like taking loan from banks. I also asked for third party funding in UK/India. I also looked for a team member. I am simply going as per the policy guidance.

I did not pay money to any agents. I did the business plan and market analysis myself. I did all the hard work to make my case strong.

LOL. ..And you are accusing me as if I was begging for money? How silly.. ROFL.. By God's grace, we have enough money.

anyway, God bless you and may you get your visa.
Last edited by Shinya on Wed May 08, 2013 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Wed May 08, 2013 1:31 am

Honestly, I was not trying to scare anyone about the interview. Those who have already given, nothing can be done now.

But to those who have not yet, my humble request was to go prepared for the interview. Study your own application and see what questions they may ask you.

Many have used agents services. These agents have misled and misguided innocent people. Hence so many rejection cases.

All rules are given nicely on UKBA website and Immigration Rules-part 6A. I have read those thoroughly. I watch TV show 'Border force' in which they show live interviews.

I was only trying to guide people. And here people are accusing me for no reason...This is really hurtful and causing me pain.

Anyway, I wish all the best to all members. And I pray that all get their visa.

Thanks
Last edited by Shinya on Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:50 am

Ent2013 so sorry to hear this sad news but I am sure you will be fine in appeal and don't worry abt anything ..... like they said you are not going to invest and to them you doesn't seems to be genuine fair enough......

go in appeal and prove this that you are genuine as you have funds you meet all the requirement and do not worry it will be in your favour and don't worry about what people saying or discussing here.

there are also genuine people here who are really helping each other and same time there are few people who are using this as there market place tooo.

so not a biggie it will be fine and do keep as posted.

regards

rizwan janjua

Post by rizwan janjua » Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 am

HI !
well its very strange 1st of all , for my experience its been refused bcoz he is about to complete 10 years long residence if he get T1 now
10 years rule is not easy to refused a person even appeal is not so hard as it comes under human rights stough !
but its really strange behaviour
as i myself 6 months away for 10 years as my t1 is still in process

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 am

Many Thanks

rehan01 wrote:Ent2013 so sorry to hear this sad news but I am sure you will be fine in appeal and don't worry abt anything ..... like they said you are not going to invest and to them you doesn't seems to be genuine fair enough......

go in appeal and prove this that you are genuine as you have funds you meet all the requirement and do not worry it will be in your favour and don't worry about what people saying or discussing here.

there are also genuine people here who are really helping each other and same time there are few people who are using this as there market place tooo.

so not a biggie it will be fine and do keep as posted.

regards

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 am

@rehan

how did your interview go? can you please post your interview questions?

thank you :)

shahin12

Post by shahin12 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:48 pm

babylondoner wrote:
Shinya wrote:

total BULLSHIT

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 am

Interview cancelled on the date of interview 4 hours before the interview scheduled time .... just got a new date for first week of June now hopefully wont get cancelled this time and once done will update on forum.

regards
babylondoner wrote:@rehan

how did your interview go? can you please post your interview questions?

thank you :)