ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Engligh Language Requirements for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RKpro
Newly Registered

English language requirements: professional qualifications

Post by RKpro » Sun May 26, 2013 2:07 am

[quote="linkers"][url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1]Yes[/url]. From 28 October 2013, there will be two parts to the knowledge of language and life requirement, both of which must be met by all applicants.[/quote].

I've IRL through work permit/Tier 2 route, also passed LIUK test last year. Applying for BC in December 2013.

I am an ACCA qualified. Do I still need to pass any further qualification to satisfy English language requirements as per new requirements from 28 October 2013?

Please help to make a decision whether to plan for obtaining any specific qualification to satisfy new requirements.
Thanks
Regards
RK

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English language requirements: professional qualificatio

Post by Amber » Sun May 26, 2013 7:40 am

RKpro wrote:
linkers wrote:Yes. From 28 October 2013, there will be two parts to the knowledge of language and life requirement, both of which must be met by all applicants.

I've IRL through work permit/Tier 2 route, also passed LIUK test last year. Applying for BC in December 2013.

I am an ACCA qualified. Do I still need to pass any further qualification to satisfy English language requirements as per new requirements from 28 October 2013?

Please help to make a decision whether to plan for obtaining any specific qualification to satisfy new requirements.
Thanks
Regards
RK
Please read the statement of intent - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -of-intent - your question is answered in it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Manies
Newly Registered

Re: New Engligh Language Requirements for Naturalization

Post by Manies » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:02 am

I have Access to Higher education diploma qualification in English Language with the following module title:
Speaking and listening
Technical Skills for writing
Understanding and Responding to Texts
Writing for Different Purposes
My question is can I use it as B1 English test equivalent and apply for British Citizenship please. Thanks!

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: New Engligh Language Requirements for Naturalization

Post by fwd079 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:23 am

Manies wrote:I have Access to Higher education diploma qualification in English Language with the following module title:
Speaking and listening
Technical Skills for writing
Understanding and Responding to Texts
Writing for Different Purposes
My question is can I use it as B1 English test equivalent and apply for British Citizenship please. Thanks!
I'd be on safe side and check by clicking on list below if my qualifications are on this list, if not then go for B1 entry level etc test.

Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests

Good luck :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.