ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrant Bashing: Coming up, no access to free NHS, YaY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sherjan

Re: Free????

Post by sherjan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:43 pm

letmec2006 wrote:There is nothing free in this country for non eu migrants. You have to pay into to system for avg 5 to 8 yrs, before thinking about something. There is hundreds of hurdles before that anyways.
NHS free???? Bloody nightmare. You can't stay in the hospital for a night unless you are dying!!! Go to GP may be free, but what is the point when you have to pay £7 quits for each pricription.
NHS don't have money you will be lucky to get decent smile without a facial look from NHS staff. Because they all think when you enter a hospital we just grab their money from scratch, even a professional staff would not know, there is no such thing as benefits for migrants.
It is just this government and the media marginalising all migrants and even EU citizens.
That's my ranting!!!
Nice one!

In 10 years I went to my GP only 6 times. Never went to A&E in last 10 years. I believe most of the immigrants hate to go to GP or hospital because they do not want to take off from their work because in that case they probably loose £80-£100 (a day wage). Most of the immigrants also do not go to GP becase they prescription cost them £7.50-£80 (someone already mentioned this) but iburfan/paracetamol cost them £2-£3.
Immigrants are not burden on the NHS. It is somthing else.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:52 pm

All those who thought this was only for "visitors to the UK" can now wake up and read http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/files/ ... y-2013.pdf
Introducing a system to charge non-settled migrants for access to the NHS. The preferred option is to introduce a health levy (fee) of at least £200 per year for most temporary migrants, to be paid at the point of making visa applications for entry or extension of stay.
Limiting free NHS care for non-EEA nationals to those who have permanent residence. The ‘ordinarily resident’ definition would be changed so that only those with ‘permanent residence’, i.e. indefinite leave to remain, would be eligible for free NHS care. There would a short list of exemptions including asylum seekers and victims of trafficking.