ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent validity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:17 pm

goto_venkat wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:Yes offcours he is, my mistake.

So, if her present visa expires while she is in USA then she will have to apply for a visa as no.2 above. She will have to spend 5 years in UK to get ILR. Her previous stay will be basically wiped off.
Hi

Thanks for all your responses. All of them are very helpful.
I have one more question it may not be relevant to this topic but i need a clarification.
I'm about to submit my application for British passport but for the place where an british resident sign is required is there any restriction of the role of person. Can i get it done by a software developer or any higher role is required.

Thanks
Venkat
See Countersigning passport applications and photos
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 pm

D4109125 wrote:
goto_venkat wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:Yes offcours he is, my mistake.

So, if her present visa expires while she is in USA then she will have to apply for a visa as no.2 above. She will have to spend 5 years in UK to get ILR. Her previous stay will be basically wiped off.
Hi

Thanks for all your responses. All of them are very helpful.
I have one more question it may not be relevant to this topic but i need a clarification.
I'm about to submit my application for British passport but for the place where an british resident sign is required is there any restriction of the role of person. Can i get it done by a software developer or any higher role is required.

Thanks
Venkat
See Countersigning passport applications and photos
Thank you.
I have one more question. There is one field in British passport application which asks for the current passport and uncancelled passports. The query here is I have my old passport cancelled and a new passport.
All the visa related to my travel to UK are in old passport and new passport doesn't have any information init. Does anyone have an idea if i need to provide both the passport numbers in application or only the one that i currently have.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm

The application asks for "uncancelled passports".

So, the passport that has been "cancelled" is a "cancelled" passport.

Cancelled is not the same as uncancelled. Its actually the opposite.