ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION - 50K PSW ROUTE - HELP NEEDED !!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am

Entrepreneur9 to my understanding and as per current situation and policies it might be beause u been given visa to invest on the activity which is equal or above level 4. no body know what time brings after 3 yars when u would go for extenssion but at the moment policy says that need to spend on activity what you have given visa for (my opinion) may be other ppl on the forum dont agree.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:30 am

Yes, this is exactly my point .
Apologies if I am not able to convey that properly.
This kind of balanced investment make sense like office rent+ insurance+purchasing softwares+bills+advertising+office maintenane+other expenses.
But if someone just show one transaction of 40-50 K as an investment than it will ring alarm for anyone. Dont you think ?

And Entrepreneur9 :- Your core business must be NFQ >4. I agree that hardware sales is somewhat part of IT companies, but by investing majority of money in < NFQ 4 will certainly raise many eyebrows.

If I would have been a case worker first Ill ask you
1) Why you did a < NFQ 4 job on the first place ?
2) Even if it is associated, why are you investing majority if your funds in < NFQ4 job ?

Any case worker in future can refuse it , considering they are rejecting applications based on Landline number missing.

You might go ahead and may win an appeal, but if it goes to court , a lawyer wont have enough problems that business intention was to do a <NFQ4 job with a fancy label of > NFQ6 job.

This is just my opinion and I can be totally wrong !
But hey I am here trying to help you as ultimately all the senior members are participating here and final decision will be yours.

confused90 wrote:
Naheedsammar wrote:Fir extention u need to hire two employees. Their salaries in 3 years+office rent+ insurance+purchasing softwares+bills+advertising+office maintenane+other expenses i bet u ll end up spendung or investing more thsn 50k in 3 years time.
what about the people who are under the 200K route?

Hiring 10 employees (if going for the accelerated route) will cost approx. 100K + office rent + office maintenance + inventory held for sale

And KickAss, my money from 'overseas' is being converted into British Sterling Pounds and pumped into the British economy cause I'll be buying products sold here.

I am pretty sure that shall be enough for investment, agree with me Kickass?
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:35 am

Entrepreneur9 wrote:rsrameshsunil - I have checked the policy guidance and also the extension application. You are right, it says nothing about the level of business or job title.

I really dont understand what is wrong with UKBA. How can they make such an error and confuse applicants ? I believe they should really be punished for all the nonsense they are doing. I understand they are just behind money but for God sake please understand our situation too. How are we supposed to work when we arent 100% sure about the requirements?
rsrameshsunil wrote:That looks like an error on the Website. Silly UKBA copy pasted the same content for intial applications and extension application.

Please use the policy guidance and take a look at the extension section. You can double check it with the extension application form.
Some silly data entry clerk within UKBA made an error and has created too much of confusion among the public. and since the point has been already raised and discussed on, we can only keep confusing things further. From the rules i strongly believe that NQF level occupation is not part of their checklist to award points and there is no concept of genuine entrepreneur test and interviews for extension application. They have no right to refuse you on this ground no matter which ever route UKBA may argue. People start comparing with student visa and take things wrongly that just like a student visa one has to continue with the same level occupation through out the leave for which the leave was granted. This cannot be true since, student visas and all other visas are sponsorship based visas. It cannot be simply applied to entrepreneur visa as he/she is free to do as many businessess as he/she wants.

However i do agree with many others on this forum that it makes sense to stay safe and stay at nqf 4 level/above businesses as possible and not to open a taxi business or an off licence shop. Because things could change and we all might be in trouble if that occurs.

My overall opinion is that there is no problem at all in doing level 4 and below businesses once granted .

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Naheedsammar - I know what you mean. In future they may amend the policy or make changes which may affect all those applicants who are doing below level 4 business. Its always better to be on a safer side.
Naheedsammar wrote:Entrepreneur9 to my understanding and as per current situation and policies it might be beause u been given visa to invest on the activity which is equal or above level 4. no body know what time brings after 3 yars when u would go for extenssion but at the moment policy says that need to spend on activity what you have given visa for (my opinion) may be other ppl on the forum dont agree.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:50 pm

KickAss - You are a star. Your explanation is very clear and precise. Thanks
KickAss wrote:Yes, this is exactly my point .
Apologies if I am not able to convey that properly.
This kind of balanced investment make sense like office rent+ insurance+purchasing softwares+bills+advertising+office maintenane+other expenses.
But if someone just show one transaction of 40-50 K as an investment than it will ring alarm for anyone. Dont you think ?

And Entrepreneur9 :- Your core business must be NFQ >4. I agree that hardware sales is somewhat part of IT companies, but by investing majority of money in < NFQ 4 will certainly raise many eyebrows.

If I would have been a case worker first Ill ask you
1) Why you did a < NFQ 4 job on the first place ?
2) Even if it is associated, why are you investing majority if your funds in < NFQ4 job ?

Any case worker in future can refuse it , considering they are rejecting applications based on Landline number missing.

You might go ahead and may win an appeal, but if it goes to court , a lawyer wont have enough problems that business intention was to do a <NFQ4 job with a fancy label of > NFQ6 job.

This is just my opinion and I can be totally wrong !
But hey I am here trying to help you as ultimately all the senior members are participating here and final decision will be yours.

confused90 wrote:
Naheedsammar wrote:Fir extention u need to hire two employees. Their salaries in 3 years+office rent+ insurance+purchasing softwares+bills+advertising+office maintenane+other expenses i bet u ll end up spendung or investing more thsn 50k in 3 years time.
what about the people who are under the 200K route?

Hiring 10 employees (if going for the accelerated route) will cost approx. 100K + office rent + office maintenance + inventory held for sale

And KickAss, my money from 'overseas' is being converted into British Sterling Pounds and pumped into the British economy cause I'll be buying products sold here.

I am pretty sure that shall be enough for investment, agree with me Kickass?

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 pm

rsrameshsunil - thats a great explanation. At present there are no such requirements for extension applicants regarding the level of business. But I agree you never know what may happen in the future.
rsrameshsunil wrote:
Entrepreneur9 wrote:rsrameshsunil - I have checked the policy guidance and also the extension application. You are right, it says nothing about the level of business or job title.

I really dont understand what is wrong with UKBA. How can they make such an error and confuse applicants ? I believe they should really be punished for all the nonsense they are doing. I understand they are just behind money but for God sake please understand our situation too. How are we supposed to work when we arent 100% sure about the requirements?
rsrameshsunil wrote:That looks like an error on the Website. Silly UKBA copy pasted the same content for intial applications and extension application.

Please use the policy guidance and take a look at the extension section. You can double check it with the extension application form.
Some silly data entry clerk within UKBA made an error and has created too much of confusion among the public. and since the point has been already raised and discussed on, we can only keep confusing things further. From the rules i strongly believe that NQF level occupation is not part of their checklist to award points and there is no concept of genuine entrepreneur test and interviews for extension application. They have no right to refuse you on this ground no matter which ever route UKBA may argue. People start comparing with student visa and take things wrongly that just like a student visa one has to continue with the same level occupation through out the leave for which the leave was granted. This cannot be true since, student visas and all other visas are sponsorship based visas. It cannot be simply applied to entrepreneur visa as he/she is free to do as many businessess as he/she wants.

However i do agree with many others on this forum that it makes sense to stay safe and stay at nqf 4 level/above businesses as possible and not to open a taxi business or an off licence shop. Because things could change and we all might be in trouble if that occurs.

My overall opinion is that there is no problem at all in doing level 4 and below businesses once granted .

Kami86
Newly Registered

Re: MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION - 50K PSW ROUTE - HELP NEEDED !!

Post by Kami86 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:28 am

I have a very important question....
As u have mentioned that your company is providing two services above
NQF Level 4 I.e IT SERVICES AND WEB DESING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES...

my question is that, what SOC CODE did you use in your application and what was your JOB TITLE.....?

Plz provide an answer cause I am stuck in this situation
Thanks in advance

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 pm

IT Support Manager - 2133
Kami86 wrote:I have a very important question....

my question is that, what SOC CODE did you use in your application and what was your JOB TITLE.....?

Thanks in advance

Kami86
Newly Registered

Post by Kami86 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 am

Entrepreneur9 wrote:IT Support Manager - 2133
Kami86 wrote:I have a very important question....

Thanks in advance
Thanks a lot for replying promptly....
I have three more queries, hope you will provide an answer...

1) was your job title IT SUPPORT MANAGER...?

2) In your contract agreement for the visa process did you provide your core services related to IT or WEB DESIGNING...?

3) if I use the code 2133 ( as I have done my Masters in Wireless Networks ) but the past year I was working with web development company so I am thinking to include web designing as well like you did...
My question is that, if i only provide a contract agreement for my visa process with just web designing services , will it be acceptable ...?