ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 requirements?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

damianpfister
Newly Registered

Updated Situation

Post by damianpfister » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi Guys

My situation has changed somewhat since I last posted to this board, and thought it wise to get your input.
For the last 2 months I have been working through a Ltd Company, registered to my Accountants Address in London but with me as the Director (and sole member). As such, the Accountants have issued me with a "letter of employment" under the name of my Ltd Company, but signed by their Payroll office.

Originally I was going to put together 3 months worth of bank statements and 3 salary slips from my accountants, having my Ltd Company's details on. Since I have decided to get out of the Ltd Company asap (today), I am signing up with an Umbrella Company to take over. Essentially I will be 100% employed by them and receive "proper" payslips (not simple emails stating what cash to transfer from business a/c to personal a/c) and a "proper" letter of employment.

Problem is I want to apply for the EEA2 permit in June, using the last 3 months as reference (March,April,May). The 1st two months I worked under the Ltd Company and the last I will be working under the Umbrella.
How am I going to word the EEA2 application to state I work for XYZ Company (now), yet my previous 2 "payslips" (simple emails) state I worked for Company ABC (Ltd Company about to close)?

To complicate things, my Ltd Company did not actually give me any sort of "real" payslip - again my accountants not being too bothered here....one reason (of many) for kicking them out and closing the Ltd Company. I will then have to resort to making up my own "Payslip" with my current Ltd Company's details on, for the past 2 months. Found a few online Payslip templates to work from. This is another big question mark for me....and just adds to the overall confusion.

I could just see the person on the receiving end of the EEA2 application, going....what the? ....who DOES this guy REALLY work for? ....and this might cause undue delays in my application for the EEA2 permit.

Advice anyone?

damianpfister
Newly Registered

Postal Question

Post by damianpfister » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:57 pm

I am curious....now that I look at both EEA1 and EEA2 forms.....to whom I should address both?

I mean, in the EEA1 form it states to address to "European Applications EEA1" and in the EEA2 form is states to address to "European Applications EEA2"....yet both forms are sent to the same address?

It would appear that different teams work on these different applications, so how would I submit both to one team? Would I send both to the EEA2 team or the EEA1 team?

Thanks

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue May 01, 2007 3:41 pm

You can send in the 2 "payslips" from your currently defunct company along with the payslip for the last month from the Umbrella company and fill in the Section3/4 of the EEA1/EEA2 with the details of the umbrella company with the date of starting work as being from the day you join the umbrella company. There is nothing that says that the payslip has to be only from one company. Even if they were to get confused and to ask for evidence of further payslips after a couple of months, you will have time to send the payslips then and get the Residence permits done in time.

I suggest that you don't delay the application more than necessary and if they have any doubts, they will contact you.
Jabi

damianpfister
Newly Registered

Post by damianpfister » Tue May 01, 2007 4:05 pm

Great - so as long as I am sending the info in "in time" the worst that can happen is they ask for more "proof" later on. Sounds reasonable.

What about the address to whom I send both applications - would I send them both to the EEA2 department, since sending them apart will mean sending two forms of ID for myself.....and won't benefit the "speeding up" of the EEA2?