ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Now HO will interview for Tier 1(General) extensions and ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crimson76

Re: Now HO will interview for Tier 1(General) extensions and

Post by crimson76 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Khurrum_Khan wrote:
AUHS wrote:
Khurrum_Khan wrote:
ukswus wrote:
What does this have to do with ILR?
I think you are right... statement doesnt say about ILR or settlement.....have you done any research?
Indefinite Leave to remain is also called Leave to Remain.

Nothing sure at the moment.

Wait and see.

Well i think that ILR and Leave to remain are two different things...let see if there are any news......
I am in the same boat and will be applying for ILR. I have discussed it with a barrister and he said rules will apply to all ILR applications as well.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Everybody including me are worried about the impact of the new rules for self employment earning but if we analyse it ..those were there anyways ..
They used to check clients in case of doubt ( checking the trueness of the income )
We should pay the tax on the claimed income , I am sure everybody must be doing that ..( they will look for the proof which will be easy to supply )
Test any accreditation and insurance required for business( which was one of the required for initial tier 1 application ) .

I think they are basically returning to the set of requirements and rules which was there for tier 1 in 2010..
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

Khurrum_Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Khurrum_Khan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 pm

rpsarangi wrote:Everybody including me are worried about the impact of the new rules for self employment earning but if we analyse it ..those were there anyways ..
They used to check clients in case of doubt ( checking the trueness of the income )
We should pay the tax on the claimed income , I am sure everybody must be doing that ..( they will look for the proof which will be easy to supply )
Test any accreditation and insurance required for business( which was one of the required for initial tier 1 application ) .

I think they are basically returning to the set of requirements and rules which was there for tier 1 in 2010..
But still its a mess....we need some way to get this thing cleared by HO....now a days sollicitors are providig faslse info to clients......only HO can make it clear/......................

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 am

We don't need to worry .If we have genuine earnings with proper documentation then all will be ok.

Dose not matter that it's Limited leave to remain or Indefinite Leave to remain application.

Let the time come .

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

I think the difference would be that previously the applicant was suppose to show the activity for last 12 months now they will check all the records of tax paid and incomes claimed since applicant is on tier 1 general.. that is what i could understand. If you read the guidance they asked you to provide 12 months of statements n incomes, Now they may ask you for previous if you have not paid taxes etc.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

@macy .. Yeah they might ask for the tax documents for the income claimed in the previous application .. But they are only concerned about the recent 12 months income just before the application which is clear in the guidance ... So I think they will not ask for previous statements or income but surely they can ask for the tax documents to check whether the tax is paid for the previous claimed income ..

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Last edited by rizwan567 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Changes also apply on ILR.

ILR stands for (Indefinite LEAVE TO REMAIN!)

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 pm

I am using an umbrella company, which I had no problem when extented my t1. Shall I prepare for the interview when applying IRL?

Many thanks

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 am

As I mentioned before that the new rules will be applicable on ILR applications. Especially Self Employed or Own Limited Company Directer earnings( salary or Dividends).

Please see the below Link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=147575

silverline

Post by silverline » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 pm

They want case workers to have as much discretion as possible while making decisions on applications. They are trying to gear up (not there yet) the process in similar way as visit visa, where one can be refused solely on the basis of "balance of probability" and we all know which side this balance settles....they have wielded more powers whilst increasing the scope of scrutiny:

Key things for self-employed -

(1) Be prepared to be asked about anything regarding your earnings and associated matters.

(2) If you have ever "revised" your tax return in the past, make sure it doesn't cause you any issue. Although you will be granted points based on last 12 month earnings BUT your earnings from previous years may become subject of scrutiny and cause "balance of probability" out of your hand...

(3) Your claims on application should reflect consistent & realistic view of your financial affairs.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 pm

yes i think they will try to see the consistency in the business activities and tax activities for past years even if they will award points for the 12 months claimed period. They can ask for anything now they want...
Lets be prepared ,,

it would be really helpful if members post their experiences with their applications in self employment and limited company structure.

swati1000
Newly Registered

Re: Now HO will interview for Tier 1(General) extensions and

Post by swati1000 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

nks wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... n-rules--5

"I will expand the process of genuineness assessments and interviews to Tier 1 (General), Tier 2 (Minister of Religion), and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) applications for entry and leave to remain"
All Friends,
I applied by post in the last week of August.Biometric done by 8 September and today i received my Biometrics card.This is just to inform you guys not to worry and you will get your visas soon.As mentioned in some earlier post under different topic,even i received a letter dated 6 September of changing of rules and genuineness of the earning but i was lucky enough to get my visa.

Documents submitted
Application form
Old Brp
Fees paid by Debit card
12Months Payslips
Letter from the employer
12Months Personnel Bank Statements
Dividents vouchers
Letter from the Accountant
UTR No Letter

So relax and keep your fingers crossed.