ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor with dependent child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KenAlgar

Post by KenAlgar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:33 pm

im trying to fill the form for my wife applying for spouse visa in Ghana
Its mostly ok but on the page requiring sponsor details there is a question asking what is your relationship to your sponsor.
There is a drop-down list of options, Mother, son ect ect but husband or wife are not included.
I am her husband but also her sponsor so i thought.
So should i check "other relative" and add a note to say im her husband.
This seems odd,
Am i missing something here?
Thanks for your help

vinny

Criminal record check - spouse visa

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:01 am

KenAlgar wrote:Would it be a good idea to include a police clearance certificate with the spouse visa application?
Im not sure if its required but my wife already has it.
It shouldt do any harm anyway should it?
Applying from Ghana, spouse visa
Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shoonoo

hi

Post by Shoonoo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 am

KenAlgar wrote:im trying to fill the form for my wife applying for spouse visa in Ghana
Its mostly ok but on the page requiring sponsor details there is a question asking what is your relationship to your sponsor.
There is a drop-down list of options, Mother, son ect ect but husband or wife are not included.
I am her husband but also her sponsor so i thought.
So should i check "other relative" and add a note to say im her husband.
This seems odd,
Am i missing something here?
Thanks for your help
I had this same problem also no option for husband or wife so clicked on other relative & will type in box at the end & when I had completed all boxes there was no print option anymore which is very weird! SO wasn't able to confirm application so just left it.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 am

Your wife does not need a police check for the application, however it might be useful depending on the type of work she might be looking for when she arrives in the UK.