ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minister of Justice answers concerning Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 am

dalebutt wrote:Whilst English might be an official language in Ireland, it is indeed second official language. The Irish governments maintains that, Gaelic/Irish is and remains the first Official language of the Island of Ireland. for example if one wants to pursue a legal a career in Ireland, they must learn Irish. simples!
Troll detected!.

English is the official language in Ireland whilst Irish is the first language ofcourse which I have said before!.

Again like I said if you can read properly. English is the official language in Ireland and nobody needs to learn Irish unless they feel the need.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am

jeupsy wrote:I am not sure which human right you are talking about IntegratedMigrant.
Thats was sarcasm Jeupsy! Jess I thought you could've easily spotted that!
jeupsy wrote:A friend of mine became French and there was a language test and an interview to check some basic knowledge. Another became Canadian and she also went through a quiz about Canadian history and politics. In both cases it was no problem for them because the requirements were pretty basic. As far as I know the UK, the US and Germany are doing the same type of thing (and I am sure many other countries do).
You've mentioned all these countries that do Citizenship-Test but not once you've said that its in their Minister's discretion to grant or refuse citizenship, nor have you mentioned about them being refused for traffic offenses etc..

Read my last post properly and you'll fully understood what I meant. Citizenship-Test is good!, but not with the burden that the Irish citizenship applicants currently face!. It is crucial that they scrap some requirements in-order to bring in this so called Citizenship-Test. And I know for a fact that the Irish government do not want that because they want who citizenship is given to, to be determined by the absolute power of the Minister and never an entitlement. The way it currently stands, it is so easy to become Citizen of another country that of Ireland because of the Ministers power logically!. I've made my point and am done with this argument.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:02 pm

The secretary of state in the UK reserves the right to refuse to grant citizenship without even explaining for refusal, Her decision is final and it is not appealable. Irish is not the first Language but the first official language, being first and being first official are 2 separate things

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Guys please move on thats not up to us. So if INIS want to change or implement the citizenship law they will do. Fair enough you speak english Irish is the the first language of Ireland even new Irish generation can't speak Irish.

Alan Shatter is the best politician and TD he changed the things and he gave us chance to be part of Irish Society. Long Live Alan Shatter.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Guys please move on thats not up to us. So if INIS want to change or implement the citizenship law they will do. Fair enough you speak english Irish is the the first language of Ireland even new Irish generation can't speak Irish.

Alan Shatter is the best politician and TD he changed the things and he gave us chance to be part of Irish Society. Long Live Alan Shatter.

kelly2013
Newly Registered

Citizenship tracker.

Post by kelly2013 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:05 am

Positive reply at last.
Last edited by kelly2013 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

kelly2013
Newly Registered

Citizenship

Post by kelly2013 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I got my approval at last.