ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration ammnesty.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:13 pm

majority GOT FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS
How do you know that? It's commonly accepted that the majority are overstayers (i.e. came on completely legal documents).

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:44 pm

OL7MAX is right....some (maybe many) migrants do come here with legit tourist visas, student visas, etc, but never return. SOME, not all, come with fake documents (one could give an example of say...some Chinese illegal migrants who used the Triad or some other gang like that).

But some also come legitimately at first, then overstay (rather than enter illegally). So, overstayer and illegal immigrant could well be two different categories, the former signifying at least some part of one's stay was legal, whereas an illegal immigrant (or entrant to be more specific) means someone who might not even be able to proove when they first entered the country, and had the intention of entering illegally from the beginning.

One cannot say the majority/minority got this and that documents fradulently..there is no proof to back one's claim, is there?

angelus
Newly Registered

Vast majority of Illegal Immigrants do NOT commit crime

Post by angelus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Adindaz,

Perhaps you should try living without a passport or bank account for a week or two maybe some common sense will reach you then and you will keep your mouth shut for good reason :|

Illegals are prone to abuse and crime like no other residents, when someone jumps you on the street - you woulnd't go to police to get the statement done, you'll just accept and live with that - at times it can be a really hard thing to do :|

angie

bullheadthe
Newly Registered

what about this

Post by bullheadthe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:59 pm

:D
I am in very interesting situation, or WHO I AM ,

I have arrived by tourist visa to UK in July 2002 (problems for my life and freedom in Russia ) with purpose to stay forever in UK , and still here - in Scotland/ Aberdeen - overstayed.
At present time - judging by some documents - resident of UK .
- I am citizen of Russia ( born November 1961 ), mistake in geography, not interesting in Russian citizenship, and I want to stay here irrevocably - no more choice for me, no any desire to live and work in other places.

Main problem - my Russian passport expired in November 2006, so I am without any kind or " proper ID " , with photograph, because i live and work in UK using my Russian passport, and it's possible - I am good example.
So I need any lawful ID for United Kingdom , any kind , to live , to work , apply for new and better job, cross the border - ( not important ) , but for holidays, maybe.
- what about driving licence.
- British passport
- some kind secondary ID
In present time I have this list of my legal ( I got them, using my Russian passport ) documents in UK ,
1 - copy land certificate - homeowner in Scotland
2 - temporary NI number and tax reference number from Inland Revenue - 16W*****
3 - P60 for 2004, 2005, 2006 , 2007
4 - P45 for 2003,
5 - PAYE coding notice - tax code for tax year 2006 -2007 from HM Revenue and Customs
6 - reference number and council tax receipt card
7 - employer's PAYE reference
8 - mortgage and mortgage statements
9 - remortgage
10 - mortgage life insurance , content and building insurance
11 - secured and unsecured loans
12 - bank account from February 2003, investment account , saving account
And some documents, that help me to live and work in UK/Scotland
13 - current account, Internet account
14 - debit card
15 - credit card
16 - store card
17 - TV licence
18 - payslips
19 - references from organisations and persons,
20 - community health index No. N.H.S. No - NHS medical card,
21 - European health insurance card
22 - contract phone - my address and information of my passport
23 - utility bills with my costumer account
24 - student in college - evening course, and going for full-time
25 - library card - all these documents with my facts and on my Russian passport, this is real world.
26 - BT land line

and last - 27 - email from electoral registration office - to confirm , that I have Russian passport

Q. ? - Is it possible find legitimate decision in my situation I am absolutely sure - YES, , and still looking legal ways to solve this problem for me, my family ( forced to leave wife in Russia ), interesting in any decision, may be step by step, or some part of this problem, - firstly - no forced deportation , for start, because in any case I must apply to HO or IND , - may be somebody knows other way ? - legitimate of course -
- main question for now- identification issue in my situation , need to sort out.

what kind of information I must provide to You or Your company

! Any good advices , ideas./
Yours Sincerely

Igor B. , good citizen.
igorasdf@yahoo.co.uk :twisted:

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:12 pm

bullheadthe, I sympathise with your situation but you really must start your own thread about your problems. Two reasons:

1. You'll get better and more appropriate responses and
2. You are hijacking someone else's thread

bullheadthe
Newly Registered

ok

Post by bullheadthe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:13 pm

no problemo

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:21 pm

The 500K figure includes failed asylum seekers. The Immigration Advisory service say:
Failed asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. They are people who are subject to removal but have not yet been removed.
And the government is notoriously useless at removing people. It won't remove someone you grass up. It won't remove me if I go and report myself at a police station. And, as you know, it won't even remove people it has already caught and put in jail. Even if they are murderers!

A lot of your anger should be reserved for the incompetents who run your home office. Monumental bungling by them (and associated cover ups) may not be illegal but it has a greater effect than tens of thousands of people forging documents.

adindas

Re: Vast majority of Illegal Immigrants do NOT commit crime

Post by adindas » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:28 pm

angelus wrote:Adindaz,

Perhaps you should try living without a passport or bank account for a week or two maybe some common sense will reach you then and you will keep your mouth shut for good reason :|
angie
I did not see any relevant to what we are discussing now. This is a free forum and everyone has the right to raise his voice. You do not have the right to tell the people to shut up, do not you. Memebers could post their opinion as long as as they stick to the rules.
angelus wrote:
Illegals are prone to abuse and crime like no other residents, when someone jumps you on the street - you woulnd't go to police to get the statement done, you'll just accept and live with that - at times it can be a really hard thing to do :|
Why did not they just return to their own country ????? You know, UK government is even offer to pay for it ???.

Adindas
Last edited by adindas on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Of course they need to come with legal doicument, tourist VISA, bogus students or whatever it is. That is the way they get in. But they already know that if they become overstyer they coudl easily find someone to fake their documents. They know after that they will get ammesty in some points.

That is why it is very unfair to other people who enter the system with the formal system

If they know that they are over stayer why did not they just return home. You know UK government is even willing to pay for their travel. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They do that because they mean it.
OL7MAX wrote:
majority GOT FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS
How do you know that? It's commonly accepted that the majority are overstayers (i.e. came on completely legal documents).
Last edited by adindas on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:09 pm

But they already know that if they become overstyer they coudl easily find someone to fake their documents.
There is no connection between overstaying and fake documents. If an overstayer asks for an NI number and is given one it's not a fake document. Similarly with licence etc. Most proper, legal documents in the UK can be achieved without faking anything.

Some of the most insufferable lovey are the ones who believe they came here legally. They scream and shout louder than everyone else. They call overstayers fraudsters. They claim that most people here without the right documents are forgers who pass off fraudulent docs. They bellow that everyone who hasn't gone through the exact same hardship they've gone through should be thrown out. It doesn't matter if these people were locked up, raped, made to work as prostitutes. It doesn't matter if their entire family was killed and they are scared to go back. It doesn't matter if they are hardworking, honest individuals who never intended to defraud anyone. It doesn't matter if all they want to do is contribute to society and give their kids a good education, strong morals, and a proper upbringing. No, why should any of that count? Let's bundle them all together as fraudsters and criminals. It'll make us feel superior. Doesn't it mean that we have more skills, education, money and wherewithal to do the things they can't do? Let's also call them scroungers. It makes us feel like we're a caste apart, more evolved beings, an immigrant royalty. Because we deserve that exalted state! After all, we come from priveleged backgrounds that allowed us to immigrate through "normal" channels. That's got to count for something.

To me this is quite revolting.

Nemome
Newly Registered

Re: Vast majority of Illegal Immigrants do NOT commit crime

Post by Nemome » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:27 pm

quote]

Why did not they just returto their own country ????? You know, UK government is even offer to pay for it ???.

Adindas[/quote]

This is thig that i was traying to explain, when i started this forum.
After living so many years here, this country be come or home !!!!!!!!!!

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:27 pm

OL7MAX wrote: If an overstayer asks for an NI number and is given one it's not a fake document.
Who said this is a fake document. You get NI number once you are a legal residents and you have this number for rest of your life, irrespectively of your status, legal, illegel, bogus or whatever it is.
OL7MAX wrote: It doesn't matter if these people were locked up, raped, made to work as prostitutes. It doesn't matter if their entire family was killed and they are scared to go back.
As I mentioned before, if these people are genuine then they should come up. They will be treated as a victim rather then a criminal. This case has happned for sex slave victim. The truth will come ot in the court of justice.

Genuine people who flee from prosecution; their entire family was killed and they are scared to go back, are genuine refugees. They are also the victim because of bogus people who use their name. Remember, one illegal immigrants have stolen their place in unfair way means less one place for genuine refugees.

Adindas

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 am

Who said this is a fake document.
You. You are the one who said that majority got (sic) fake documents. And you now realise that this may not be true.
They will be treated as a victim rather then a criminal.
No, they won't. They have to fit very specific criteria - like qualify under WP, under 10 year rule, under 14 year rule etc. Even if they do qualify they won't get stay unless they have extensive documentation to prove lots of things. Even if they have extensive documentation under a 14 year rule the HO can bring out one piece of paper from anytime in the last 14 years (deportation order) and their entire case will be thrown out. If they don't have a case in law they can still drag it out by appealing and appealing but they will eventually get thrown out.

But, it looks like you are sympathetic to "victims" being treated leniently. I take it, therefore, that you'd support an amnesty for at least some of the "illegal immigrants".

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:24 am

OL7MAX, a lot of your posts revolve around twisting the truths and then dismissing the people who bother to engage in the discussion on a disrespectful tone.

Some examples of twisting the truth are-
You. You are the one who said that majority got (sic) fake documents. And you now realise that this may not be true.
Adindas may have told that a majority of the illegal immigrants do obtain fraudulent documents, but have never even uttered that all the NI number is obtained fraudulantly. In fact it was you who have put the implication down that adindas considers all the NI to have obtained fraudulantly. Actually it should be noted that adindas never claimed that the majority of the documents that the illegal immigrant acquires are fake, but rather just that the majority do get fake documents. Which means getting even a single fake document would qualify, whatever it be. I personally do not know whether to believe that the majority did or did not get the fake documents until a statistical evidence to substantiate either claim is obtained.

That said, from the way I read adindas's post all I feel is that there is a distinct possibilty that a mistake made was in not succeeding in putting forward the idea that only a minority of the people who get fraudulant documents are duped by agencies/companies while the majority of the people who do get the fake documents do get it themselves.

Further examples are-
Over 100,000 so called illegal immigrants came here as kids under their parents' asylum or other application. They went to school here, made friends here, took up jobs and found partners. Some of them never even knew their status became illegal (when their parents overstayed). What is your contention - that they are such dangerous "criminals" that you should cross the road when you see them?

I would doubt the 100,000 figure very much and there is no implication in the prior posts to the criminals being dangerous. The illegal immigrant could be considered a criminal in the same light as say a someone who drives the car above the statutory speed limit or jaywalks or even uses recreational drugs occasionally. Nobody crosses the sroad when they come across anyone in the above categories as well, do they?
There are grandmothers who came here legally before World War II from places like Canada and the US, are technically "illegal immigrants", and don't know it. Their kids born and brought up here - and many of them grandparents themselves - are also technically "illegal". Also, see my previous example of kids of overstayers. In case you are unaware it is not possible for a minor to commit the crime of "overstaying".
If you fall comatose today and your visa expires tomorrow you become an illegal immigrant within the next 24 hours - and there's nothing you can do about it.
It is necessary to make a clear distiction between an overstayer and an illegal immigrant. A person caught up in the hypothetical position as above will become an over stayer and not an illegal immigrant. Common sense tells us that most of the illegal immigrants had the criminal intent of being an illegal immigrant right from the beginning whether or not they break any other law while an overstayer need not have such a distinction. You have to be hard pressed to find a good human rights lawyer who could easily overturn any decision if it was made by the Home Office against the comatose man provided that there are medical proof to the substantiate the claim.

Also you are using examples of a few categories of overstayers who do so unknowingly to justify a majority of the overstayers who do overstay knowingly. While I do sympathise the circumstances that made a person become an illegal immigrant or an overstayer and the exploitation the suffer in the same way I sympathise all people living under the poverty line or have terminal diseases, the fact remains a job taken up by an illegal immigrant or an overstayer without the proper authorisation is a job stolen from the legal immigrants and anyone legally capable of doing the job. Statements like illegal immigrants and co does jobs that the ordinary people do not want to do does not make a solid argument.
It doesn't matter if these people were locked up, raped, made to work as prostitutes. It doesn't matter if their entire family was killed and they are scared to go back.
Do you really believe yourself, let alone make others believe it as well that it would matter less to these "insufferable lovey" to people being raped, being prostituted and being killed just because they are illegal immigrants or overstayers? Why do you us extreme examples and half truths with the hope of coercing people to agree with you when it is painfully clear that reality is nothing as you paint it to be.

Aggressive strategies and accusatory tones currently employed by you so that no one opposes you and statements that you post whether it be like the ones posted above or ones like it being better to hold and ILR with another passport is better than the British passport etc is not going to get a lot of people to adopt your way of thinking. If I or anyone with opposing views to yours were to stay silent, it is usually because I do not see a way to get my message across a thick skull and not necessarily because I do not have an answer.

You are free to twist whatever I have written, but if you do plan to improve, just put the facts forward and let the readers decide.
Jabi

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:31 pm

>>It is necessary to make a clear distiction between an overstayer and an illegal immigrant.
I couldn't agree more. If we could get that through "thick skulls" then half the hysteria over "illegal immigrants" would disappear. If we could put exact figures on it then most of the rest of the animosity towards the currently labelled "illegal immigrants" could also disappear.

>>Common sense tells us that most of the illegal immigrants had the criminal intent of being an illegal immigrant right from the beginning
You should change your supplier of common sense. What you state is not a common sense position but a bigoted one. Without facts either way you are making an assumption about how many had criminal intent... and that assumption is based a lot on that hysteria surrounding "Illegal Immigrants".

Let me guess, you're a "legal immigrant" ;)

It's ironic about twisting. You try to argue that Adindas's position is validated if the immigrant has even one fake document and in doing so you twist the truth. Adindas originally referred to documents used to come here. If I may quote:
Again there is no doubt there a very tiny proportion in this category. However, majority GOT FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS BECAUSE THEY INTEND TO DO THAT AND THUS KNOW IT FROM THE BEGINNING.
Dont miss the emphasis: The majority of "illegal immigrants" got fraudulent documents intentionally. Don't miss the context: it was in relation to coming here, not continuing to stay here. He is wrong, of course, as he was oblivious to the fact that a large percentage came legally and overstayed. Or - tell us the facts - was he right in his claim that the majority came here by conning the UK government? Any links to Home Office figures on how many conned their way?

Don't get me wrong. There are some people who have, from the start, intended only to deceive, used false documents, cheated, lied, or performed other crimes. I do not claim that they are non existent. I have never said that an amnesty should extend to everyone whatever they did. What I have said is that we need to ditch the mentality that everyone who doesn't have valid papers is an "illegal immigrant" ...because that causes the ignorant masses to bay for their blood without making any distinction between the different categories of overstayers/illegals.
the fact remains a job taken up by an illegal immigrant or an overstayer without the proper authorisation is a job stolen from the legal immigrants
Actually, it's not. "Jobs" is not a finite quantity and many immigrants, like me, actually create jobs. Do you realise how many other jobs these immigrants create simply by being here and spending the money they earn? This an economic issue, though, and out of the scope of the thread. But yours is the typical Daily Mail hysterical, lynch mob mindset. Why let facts get in the way of good, old fashioned, communal angst? A job taken by an "illegal immigrant" is not one job less for anyone else.

adindas

Post by adindas » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:10 pm

HO have made up their mindImmigration ammesty is already ruled out as reported by BBC

Whoever win the next election, Labour, Conservative: John REid or David Davies it is highly unlikely that the rule will not change. Keep dream :lol: :lol:

Adindas
Last edited by adindas on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:47 pm

Take for example Afghan Hi-Jackers
I agree with you that the UK justice system can be very "independent" sometimes ... and that irks the government in power. However, I must disabuse you of your claim that peopl will be treated as victims or that in some way "truth" in a court of law will mean sympathy for the really deserving. It doesn't work that way. Courts can't apply sympathy, they can only apply the law.

Those who have a case in law will end up winning. Those that don't have a case can argue interpretations and appeal and appeal and appeal and drag things out. That's certainly a "feature" here in the UK. But if they still can't prove they've got a case they will not get ILR no matter what the compassionate circumstances. They won't get ILR "simply because" they were raped and made into sex slaves. They will have to prove under which current category they have the right to stay. It's unlikely they will qualify under the 10 year rule. It's almost impossible they'll have the documents to win a 14 year application. So, if there is no torture/execution risk in their home countries they will be deported.

Same applies to cockle pickers, BTW. And people who came here as minors and always believed they were legal.

Crucially: Would you oppose compassionate amnesty for any of the above?

adindas

Post by adindas » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:42 pm

If you do not believe the justice/court system in the UK why should I, other people, HO belive people who make their story about the Illegal immigarant WHO HAVE BEEN TRIED but fail and make the following story about:

- Come from the back of the lorry, in fact they sit comfortably in the airplane pass immigration controller in the UK.

- That they was tortured in their home countries. In fact they have family, relatives, friends here in the UK who help them with accomodation to get fake documents, etc, etc

- That they did not know that their papers were fake. In fact they are the person who paid to get it.

- That they did not know that their studetns VISA have expired, in fact they themselves let it expire and did not return or in fact they are the person who paid to get bogus admission from colleges.

All these people are thieves who have stolen the place of other people (e.g. Genuine asylum seeker, genuine students, etc ??).

Why come inthe UK if you donot believe that you will get justice :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The last thing I will do is to believe the story of these people, to speak about honesty, justice and fair value.

Adindas

OL7MAX wrote:
I agree with you that the UK justice system can be very "independent" sometimes ... and that irks the government in power. However, I must disabuse you of your claim that peopl will be treated as victims or that in some way "truth" in a court of law will mean sympathy for the really deserving. It doesn't work that way. Courts can't apply sympathy, they can only apply the law.

Those who have a case in law will end up winning. Those that don't have a case can argue interpretations and appeal and appeal and appeal and drag things out. That's certainly a "feature" here in the UK. But if they still can't prove they've got a case they will not get ILR no matter what the compassionate circumstances. They won't get ILR "simply because" they were raped and made into sex slaves. They will have to prove under which current category they have the right to stay. It's unlikely they will qualify under the 10 year rule. It's almost impossible they'll have the documents to win a 14 year application. So, if there is no torture/execution risk in their home countries they will be deported.

Same applies to cockle pickers, BTW. And people who came here as minors and always believed they were legal.

Crucially: Would you oppose compassionate amnesty for any of the above?
Last edited by adindas on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

If you do not believe the justice/court system in the UK...
You're obviously not reading my posts. Oh, well, what's new?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:48 pm

I find it surprising that Adindas, being a recent immigrant himself, holds views on immigration that one would usually associate with the far right. Although I agree uncontrolled immigration can be damaging & tighter border controls are needed, targetting asylum seekers is not the answer..rather, the developed world should look at the reasons why these people want to leave their countries in the first place & work towards addressing them (eg: the recent G8 initiative to alleviate poverty in Africa)

I wonder if Adindas is a former asylum seeker himself...In psychodynamic terms, such attitudes could be described as a 'reaction formation'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_formation

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:27 pm

OL7MAX has put very good case and try to show Adindas how the whole situation is complicated and cannot be reduced to simplicity like the way he see it. But he never really come back with any satisfactory answer. He just insist on word illegal. Anyway Mr Adindas can you tell us on your opinion what is the best way to solve the current situation. Bear in mind all situation which OL7MAX have mention.
Last edited by Rawling on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:47 pm

If you want to take part in the discussion read all my postings
Do not just read the last post or snapsot.

No wonder about your stetement here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#73958

I have mentioned many times in my post one of the solution is to seek justice, to be honest, and to be fair. If your case is decided then that it is. UK justice system is the one of the most independent institution in the world.

Adindas

Rawling wrote:
OL7MAX has put very good case and try to show Adindas how the whole situation is complicated and cannot be reduced to simplicity like the way he see it. But he never really come back with any satisfactory answer. He just insist on word illegal. Anyway Mr Adindas can you tell us on your opinion what is the best way to solve the current situation. Bear in mind all situation which OL7MAX have mention.
Last edited by adindas on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:53 pm

thirdwave wrote:I find it surprising that Adindas, being a recent immigrant himself, holds views on immigration that one would usually associate with the far right. Although I agree uncontrolled immigration can be damaging & tighter border controls are needed, targetting asylum seekers is not the answer..rather, the developed world should look at the reasons why these people want to leave their countries in the first place & work towards addressing them (eg: the recent G8 initiative to alleviate poverty in Africa)
Read all my postings do not just take a snapshot. You will see that my position is about justice, honesty and fair system. I concern about genuine asylum seekers.

Do you believe in justice and fair system ???
thirdwave wrote: I wonder if Adindas is a former asylum seeker himself...In psychodynamic terms, such attitudes could be described as a 'reaction formation'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_formation
Your stetement here is irrelevant, we are not discussing medical term, are not we ? Discuss medical term with your collegues not here because this is an immigration forum. If I was not considering the rule of this forum I would have done personal attack like what you did.

Take care
Adindas

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:15 pm

.... that my position is about justice, honesty and fair system
Strange. For someone who bangs on about honesty so much you seem very reluctant to admit that some people without legal stay are not crooks.

For this specific category of honest people would you support an amnesty?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:24 pm

It's an unfortunate truth that very often the people who have the most far right radical views on immigration are very often immigrants themselves. I sometimes despair at the irony of it.

One only has to look at the immigration policies of the French interior minister, Nicolas Sarkozy who is himself the son of Hungarian immigrants, and yet single-handedly managed to set the suburbs of Paris on fire.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.