ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got refused for 'leave to remain'

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:10 pm

Ge,

Seems like you had a rough time but came through pretty composed. Not unusual to come across agressive ECO's - concur with tdabash that the vented anger demonstrates how cheated ECO feels at not getting you before the marriage. Of course there is no excuse for his behaviour but note that the government is taking a hard line on marriage related immigration applications. On paper you did get married after a relatively short relationship to someone who you did not know in great detail but that's by the by as love is not always about rationality. The ECO will grant you the visa - he did not question your ability to meet any of the rules so IMHO there is no basis for refusal.

However the immigration rules and operational policy do require an applicant to hold a valid travel document so the requirement for an updated passport is valid given it may be peeling/ mutilated. Your post says you renewed it - I presume you mean got a new passport? Appreciate its ironic given the ppt may have been in the same state when you last entered the UK.

You should be o.k. on the day.

Jeri
Newly Registered

Post by Jeri » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:05 am

I went to the embassy yesterday and waited for 2hrs bec they cant find my files!! Even the consul doesnt remember to whom he gave it. How could he misplaced it??!?! I was asked to return my passport via CAVA and wait for it. It'll take a week or so :cry: they are really making things hard for me.

Thanks for the replies!

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:18 am

Ge,
I suggest you go to the consulate again and ask to meet the consul. not the visa officer. Please ask them to give you in writing that they have lost your file or a specific date for a response.
Sending your passport is not a good idea. They can wait for ever.

If they did not respond appropriately, Please contact a lawyer in the UK in order to question the consul on your behalf.

This is only a suggestion. I would value Kayalami or other moderator's opinion

Sorry to hear this :(

Jeri
Newly Registered

Post by Jeri » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:53 am

Good news!

I went to the embassy today to check on the status. The person who assisted me last week said that they already found my papers. When I asked him about the status...he said its already for stamping! :) He said to wait for my passport to be returned via CAVA anytime this week.

Thank you so much for all the help!

God bless!

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:35 pm

Ge
It seems that going to the consulate again has got some results,
Good luck :)

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:37 pm

Hi Jeri,

Did you manage to get your spouse visa???
If yes, Congratulations!!!

Jeri
Newly Registered

Post by Jeri » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:44 am

Yes I did. Thank you and to this forum as well.

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:20 am

I am badly missing my wife and would like to join my wife in the uk, i am resident in Zimbabwe. i have refused EC four times as a visitor, then she was my fiancee - she had applied for an ancestral permit awaiting decision, when she got her responce (October 2004) she came back in december and we tied the knot (married), we then decided to wait until she got a job, it is during this period that we were advised by a lawyer to apply for the HSMP, which i did in February and am waiting for the responce, they have however asked for some additional information which i sent, any time i will be getting the response. The good news is that my wife got her proffessional permenent job and own accommodation some two weeks ago.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 am

Johnson02 wrote:I am badly missing my wife and would like to join my wife in the uk, i am resident in Zimbabwe. i have refused EC four times as a visitor, then she was my fiancee - she had applied for an ancestral permit awaiting decision, when she got her responce (October 2004) she came back in december and we tied the knot (married), we then decided to wait until she got a job, it is during this period that we were advised by a lawyer to apply for the HSMP, which i did in February and am waiting for the responce, they have however asked for some additional information which i sent, any time i will be getting the response. The good news is that my wife got her proffessional permenent job and own accommodation some two weeks ago.
troll.