ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Post lost my passport and nat certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 pm

neoseal wrote:Passport office are quick, received interview letter yesterday, booked interview for Tuesday.

Getting duplicate passport is simple compared to getting duplicate qualification certificates, tax returns and other docs.
That's pretty good, pal; so you are gonna get the interview 2 weeks after applying? I'm tempted to apply right away next week, if my cert is ok, but I'm going on holidays 5/6 weeks later, so it might arrive when I'm gone and get lost or something, so probably safer to apply in January

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Waiting123 wrote:I have lost my passport application, passport, phots and nat.certificate .
Getting duplicate passport is simple if you’re the citizen, since India doesn’t support dual citizenship I cant as I m naturalised citizen of the UK.
Yeah, your situation is kind of a catch 22; you need a passport in order to get another passport, but you are not entitled to get the 1st passport, because you are entitled to get the 2nd; if that's not a catch 22, what is? haha

I guess they will accept some other ID proof, though.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Update

Post by samkma » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 am

Waiting123 wrote:Thanks all,

I had been to VFS office today, the enquiry clerk told me to contact Indian High Commissioner for help ; as VFS can only give surrender certify if and only if passport is handed over/surrender to them.

Thanks neoseal , I reported to Police today. I will carry the police log with me when I go Indian High commissioner next week.

@rajan1984, my confidence in postal service was high ! ;) I didn’t increase the insurance. Although, thanks I try and will claim £500 as it was a special delivery(by default). They did assure that i will get all the money back for the payments I have already made.
OP here is the details for RM compensation :
Basic compensation for actual loss:Up to £50 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am™ service and £500 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm™ service or the market value whichever is the lower and the fee repaid.

Evidence of posting is required. Claims must be submitted within 80 calendar days of posting. Consequential Loss for up to £10,000 is available to purchase at the time of posting at an additional cost.

Evidence of Consequential Loss purchase is required. Claims must be submitted within 14 days of posting.

Also if you have the tracking number try tweeting to the Royalmail team they are very good at tracking items tweet to your tracking details and mention it was passport application send using post office check and send twitter handle @RoyalMail with a cc to @PostOffice they will respond very quickly.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

Derivaz

Re: Update

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:17 am

samkma wrote:
Waiting123 wrote:Thanks all,

I had been to VFS office today, the enquiry clerk told me to contact Indian High Commissioner for help ; as VFS can only give surrender certify if and only if passport is handed over/surrender to them.

Thanks neoseal , I reported to Police today. I will carry the police log with me when I go Indian High commissioner next week.

@rajan1984, my confidence in postal service was high ! ;) I didn’t increase the insurance. Although, thanks I try and will claim £500 as it was a special delivery(by default). They did assure that i will get all the money back for the payments I have already made.
OP here is the details for RM compensation :
Basic compensation for actual loss:Up to £50 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am™ service and £500 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm™ service or the market value whichever is the lower and the fee repaid.

Evidence of posting is required. Claims must be submitted within 80 calendar days of posting. Consequential Loss for up to £10,000 is available to purchase at the time of posting at an additional cost.

Evidence of Consequential Loss purchase is required. Claims must be submitted within 14 days of posting.

Also if you have the tracking number try tweeting to the Royalmail team they are very good at tracking items tweet to your tracking details and mention it was passport application send using post office check and send twitter handle @RoyalMail with a cc to @PostOffice they will respond very quickly.
Did you get the £500 compensation?

Waiting123
Newly Registered

Post by Waiting123 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm

No I haven't received any compensation yet but they said they will pay back all the incurred already and also for the ones that I would(for resend of application)

I will tweet.. I have not done it before !

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Waiting123 wrote:No I haven't received any compensation yet but they said they will pay back all the incurred already and also for the ones that I would(for resend of application)

I will tweet.. I have not done it before !
Cool, keep all the receipts and then make a claim; let us know how you get on.

Waiting123
Newly Registered

Re: Royal Post lost my passport and nat certificate

Post by Waiting123 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 pm

--Update--

I have finally managed to get British Passsport - yahoo!. Although this is was the situation I was sooooo looking forward, it was over shadowed by loss of my Indian Passport.
There's no track on my passport.
I am still waiting for compensation from Royal Mail.
I have applied for OCI.

thanks for all your help.