ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayers who applied before the october 2012 rule changes

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amelstar

Re: overstayers who applied before the october 2012 rule cha

Post by amelstar » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm

received a letter of acknowledgement from the TSol yesterday stating that they have received my JR bundle and will lodge an acknowledgement of service with in 21 days to the high court.

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:07 pm

the treasury solicitor asked for an extension of further 21 days as they did not receive any instructions from their client so the wait continues ,i am sure they dont have a case against me

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:44 pm

i have refused to consent an extension but my lawyer says it doesnt matter if i refuse them , the court will allow the first extension to the tsol, thats fine by me but i made it known to the court and to the ho that i am not having it anymore!

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 pm

NEW RULES DO NOT APPLY TO OLD APPLICATIONS
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/402.html

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:03 pm

NEW RULES DO NOT APPLY TO OLD APPLICATIONS
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/402.html

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm

its a decision which could be useful for those who applied before the immigration rules changed namely the changes in july 2012 and october 2012 for overstayers and family or legacy routes as the secretary of state said that ALL THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDING TO THE NEW RULES, THE FACT THAT THE APPLICATION WAS MADE BEFORE THE DATE OF RULE CHANGES DOES NOT MATTER, EVERY CASE WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDING TO THE NEW RULES"...
It could be a useful case study to argue if your decision was based on the new rules which were not in place at the time of your application submission (no matter what type of application), so its worth taking a look at.