ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New online visa app for EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oxygrin
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit questions

Post by oxygrin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:23 pm

luk wrote:Please help!

My wife trying to complete the on-line application form (EEA Family Permit) she is from Dominican Republic and nothing is clear to her. Below sections and questions which she doesn't understand:
1.Passport and Travel Information
- how long you intend to stay in the UK ( indefinite or 6 months)
2.Family Details
-Spouse/partner - this section is for me or my wife?
3.EEA National - this section really confusing.
-What is your permanent residential address and contact details? my or her?
a.Relationship Details
-Is the EEA National responsible for the financial support of anyone else? - they asking if I am responsible for my wife?
-Who do you live with at the moment and what is your relationship to them?- me or my wife?
-What other family members do you have and where do they live? - my or my wife?
-Is the EEA National responsible for the financial support of anyone else?- who my wife or me?

I need to know if she needs TB test?

Please helppppppppppp

Hi Luk,

i am just wondering if your wife got the FM in the end? and if yes, do you think you could help me with some answers? I am really desperate for some help!!
thanks a lot :D

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: New online visa app for EEA family permit

Post by rosebead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:21 am

I've looked at the paper form and some of the questions disproportionally go beyond what the Citizenship Directive requires like asking about the EEA national's residential arrangements such as whether he owns his property in the UK, rents, or lives with parents. The form even asks how many bedrooms and other rooms there are in the EEA national's residence in the UK and whether other people live there! What the HELL!!! It's absolutely none of their business.

The VAF5 form appears to even ask about the EEA national's current financial and employment situation in his OWN home country (such as hours worked, salary, employer's address, etc) BEFORE the EEA national has even moved to the UK yet. I hope that this is just an error of the form because such questions are beyond irrelevant and flouts the principle of free movement.

Here are a few more of my problems with the form:

1) If the EEA national is not yet resident in the UK, then the form should EXPLICITLY state that questions relating to his residential arrangements and to his financial and empoyment situation should be SKIPPED.

2) If the EEA national is currently residing in the UK and has done so for less than 3 months, then the form should EXPLICITLY state that questions relating to his residential arrangements and to his financial and empoyment situation should be SKIPPED.

3) If the EEA national has resided for over 3 months in the UK and is working or self-employed, the form should EXPLICITLY state that questions relating to his residential arrangements and financial situation should be SKIPPED.

People should complain to the European Commission about this ridiculous form: http://ec.europa.eu/eu_law/your_rights/ ... rms_en.htm

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi everyone!

How are you guys? I'm new here and would like to ask you about the EEA family permit.. Could you please help me? I am a Filipina just recently got married to Spanish national here in the Philippines. We met online last September 2013 and met in person in March 22, 2014 and lived together for the whole duration of his stay here in Philippines and continue talking and seeing each other thru Skype and mobile.. We have questions about the application and the UKBA email inquiry doesn't reply to my queries.. Hope you could response to my message.. Thank you.
Last edited by Roselle on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi everyone!!!

How are you guys? I'm new here and would like to ask you about the EEA family permit.. Could you please help me? I am a Filipina just recently got married to Spanish national here in the Philippines. We met online last September 2013 and met in person in March 22, 2014 and lived together for the whole duration of his stay here in Philippines and continue talking and seeing each other thru Skype and mobile.. We have questions about the application and the UKBA email inquiry doesn't reply to my queries.. Hope you could response to my message.. Thank you.

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi everyone!!!

How are you guys? I'm new here and would like to ask you about the EEA family permit.. Could you please help me? I am a Filipina just recently got married to Spanish national here in the Philippines last May 12, 2014. We met online last September 2013 and met in person in March 22, 2014 and lived together for the whole duration of his stay here in Philippines and continue talking and seeing each other thru Skype and mobile.. My husband is in UK for 1 month now and he is working. About providing financial requirements, he is working but on the UKBA website, it is indicated that we are not required to provide financial dependency so it means that we don't need to? Did I understood it right?

We have questions about the application and the UKBA email inquiry doesn't reply to my queries.. Hope you could response to my message.. Thank you.

These are the requirements that we will be submitting:

certificate of marriage
his national ID
his passport
my passport
his declaration letter
his airline round-trip ticket (his visit to Philippines)
photos (travel photos, civil marriage, us being together)
money transfer (two months)
hotel and accommodation
his work contract
letter as evidence of genuine relationship

We will be applying it this month..

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Roselle wrote:Hi everyone!!!

How are you guys? I'm new here and would like to ask you about the EEA family permit.. Could you please help me? I am a Filipina just recently got married to Spanish national here in the Philippines last May 12, 2014. We met online last September 2013 and met in person in March 22, 2014 and lived together for the whole duration of his stay here in Philippines and continue talking and seeing each other thru Skype and mobile.. My husband is in UK for 1 month now and he is working. About providing financial requirements, he is working but on the UKBA website, it is indicated that we are not required to provide financial dependency so it means that we don't need to? Did I understood it right?

We have questions about the application and the UKBA email inquiry doesn't reply to my queries.. Hope you could response to my message.. Thank you.

These are the requirements that we will be submitting:

certificate of marriage
his national ID
his passport
my passport
his declaration letter
his airline round-trip ticket (his visit to Philippines)
photos (travel photos, civil marriage, us being together)
money transfer (two months)
hotel and accommodation
his work contract
letter as evidence of genuine relationship

We will be applying it this month..
Hi Roselle.

Im a Filipina too but I grew up in Cyprus and living with my parents. I just got married last May and applied EEA Family permit soon after a week and I got it and I came back here in UK just last week and working full time now. I think the only problem you might encounter is the genuineness of your relationship. I noticed that you just met online just last year and just met recently. If you can submit some documents proving that your relationship is genuine then I think you will fine.

Usually, EEA family permit will not be refuse except to the grounds of:
1. Application soon after the marriage
2. Marriage of convenience
3. Refusal on grounds of public policy, public security or public health

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi Mrs.mdeben,

Thank you for response! Kumusta? My husband was here in the Philippines for 2 months and we have been living together for the whole duration of his stay. Is this also an evidence of cohabitation? Can you suggest which documents should we submit to prove that this is a genuine relationship? We have a letter about explaining how we met online, in person and the things we did together and we will also include our future plans. Should I ask for his sister, my siblings and our parents to write a letter about our relationship and that this is a genuine relationship? We are also registering our marriage at the Spanish Consulate here, do you think it can be an additional document to prove genuineness of our relationship? Or what do you suggest? Hoping for your response! Thank you! :)

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi Mrs.emdeben,

Please, can you also enlighten us about the exercising of treaty rights? My husband started working in UK since 2004. He came back to UK on May 18, 2014 after being away for 2 years and started working on May 22, 2014. Do we have to provide evidence that he is exercising his treaty rights? Does the UKBA count it from the time of application of visa? Or from 2004? or from May 18, 2014? hoping for your response. And thank you for helping us.. :) Maraming salamat!

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Hiya.

The 2 months you've been together can be a good evidence atleast, what are the documents you have to prove it? Utility bills? Letter from the person who owns the house? Bank statement? If renting, letter from the landlord stating that you both live there. I was living with my husband for almost 1year and a half before we got married so it is not very difficult for us to provide evidences. You can also submit bank statement of your joint account.

Some of the documents I submitted are: (proof of relationship and cohabitation)
- Letter from my parents (we live in one of my parents apartment in Cyprus)
- Photos of our 1year and a half relationship
- Facebook conversations
- Marriage certificate
- My cover letter stating the story of our relationship and what are the plans in UK

About exercising treaty rights, i think you will start from May 22, 2014, i dont yhink you need to provide any evidences of him exercising treaty rights because you have 3months in uk to do nothing but once your husband is there more than 3months, that is the time you need to prove that he is working, self employed or job seeker.

If more than 3 months:
- Employment contract
- Payslips
- Proof of residence

Go and check the gov.uk, it is pretty easy to be honest as long as you have all your documents.

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:03 am

Hi!

We don't stay in one place that long because we love to travel and explore the Philippines. We stay from 1 week to 2 weeks in each place like hotels and apartments. I can provide the bookings we had. We have stayed in one place for more than once, maybe the one in charge in that apartment for rent can make a letter that we both live there? We don't have joint bank account. We just did not apply for one. I have receipts of money transfer from him as evidence of his support to me since he's back in UK. We have Skype and Facebook conversations. With Skype, should it be a screenshots of conversations or like a word format of the single conversations we had and it will be thousands of pages or should I pick just one or two day of conversation for each month? With Facebook, sometimes its hard to check conversations on Facebook because sometimes they don't show the previews conversations, we also have posts to each other. How about letter from her sister, parents and friends that they met me online, and also the same with my brother and sister and parents? With photos, should I put a description on it or just the photos? We'll redraft the letter we have stating our story and we'll both signed it. He provide the declaration letter.

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi good day! We would like to know have to answer all the questions about monthly and travelling expenses? Please help us, we are finalizing the application form.. Thank you..

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:08 am

When my partner applied for the EEA FP, I just put "NA" in all the spaces that allowed me to do so. If they don't allow this I just put a rough number.

At the notes section at the end of the application I wrote something like: "Financial and accommodation details are not required under the EEA legislation governing EEA family permits" (Something like that)

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:47 am

chaoclive wrote:When my partner applied for the EEA FP, I just put "NA" in all the spaces that allowed me to do so. If they don't allow this I just put a rough number.

At the notes section at the end of the application I wrote something like: "Financial and accommodation details are not required under the EEA legislation governing EEA family permits" (Something like that)

Thank you so much! :)

Roselle
Newly Registered

Post by Roselle » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:55 am

Hi good day!

We would like to ask you about my husband's copy of passport, the certified copy of his passport was notarized in Spain, should this be enough or if I have to bring the notarized copy to the Spanish Consulate to be legalized to be use as requirements for EEA family permit, because on the website, it doesn't say so, just a copy of his passport. Please help us, Thank you!!!

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:23 pm

leticiabtav wrote:Thank you! :D :D :D
I will try as you said and I will explain it in a letter. You are right, others documents are more important, but is all ready, so I think will be fine.
when i applied I entered my wife's passport number and provide a supporting letter explaining that we donot need it because we provided them salary slips and tenant agreement

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:24 pm

alright guys i am sorry for the delay i am back now. you can post your questions regarding eea fp online application

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 pm

oxygrin wrote:Hi everyone. I am struggling with this form too. I started filling out it for my husband who is Australian. ( I am Latvian)

I want to check everything as thorough as possible and therefore I have quite a few questions juts to make sure I am doing everything right.

Basically I have a few questions and would very grateful if you could help me with answers.

1) - is it the form that can be found on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website?
2) - once you had registered on that website, did you choose the following categories? OTHER - EEA/Swiss Family member - Family member of an EEA national?
3) did you answer these silly questions such as:
"Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years? Please enter details" really? how are you supposed to remember all the dates and countries you have travelled to in the last 10 years?
or
questions about the applicants (Non EEA citizen) father and mother? - what has that to do with applying for a visa to be with your married partner?
In the section "Spouse/Partner" - where they ask you if you about your marital status - below there are questions about NAME, SURNAME, NATIONALITY, DOB and TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. Is that about the EEA national or the applicant? if it's about the applicant - how many times do you have to write the same thing over and over??

4) the section "INCOME" and "EXPENDITURE" - did you answer all the questions in detail?
5) - "FAMILY and "FRIENDS" sections - did you really put down the names of all friends and family members that you have in the UK???
6) - in the section "PASSPORT INFORMATION" - it asks about the passport details (AGAIN) - who's passport details?? applicants? the applicant has entered it already like a 100 times :evil:
and another question about "YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS". this is the second time the same question is being asked. and again- is it the applicants permanent address or the EEA national's?
7) - what would you put in the "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" section?
8) - at the end of the form - di dyou just click on "SUBMIT APPLICATION" and that's it? you don't need to send any documents to prove your marriage, your income etc, do you? is it just the form online and that's it?
9) - after you completed the form, did you register on this website? http://www.ge2it.tpcontact.co.uk/

Thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated :D
Hi i am sorry for the late reply. Yes the form is on visa4uk website. you have to answer all the questions. The online application form is in beta. please donot abuse it as i can feel it is much much better than the manual forms. When you will apply with manual form of EEA2 for your husband, you will feel how easy the online form was.
If you cannot remember the travel dates, you can enter approximately dates. In extra information, you can write if you want to tell them something more. For me, i also included extra letter telling them that european registration certificate is not mandatory.
After you complete it, you will need to select where to submit it and they will give appointment date and time for it. I am not sure if in Australia, UKBA work with Gerry's or they accept application directly.
If you need anymore help, you can post your question here.

abrish
Newly Registered

Post by abrish » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:22 am

Hi m new ..I dont know how to use this forum ..well we applied for eea family permit submitted all documents on 30th june but after 16 days no answer :( m italian national my husband is holding a residence permit in france. .we applied in paris someone told us if they delay it means they gonna reject ..is that true thanks alot

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:30 am

16 days is not an unusual delay. According to European Commission guidelines Member States are supposed to issue within 15 days but in practice, visa services in a lot of countries are inefficient. It's not unknown for people to wait several weeks, even though European Commission guidelines say that more than 4 weeks is an unreasonable delay.

abrish
Newly Registered

Post by abrish » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi thanks for your reply but I have seen alot of pple here on internet getting there visa within 10 days ..is there anylink where I can comolain about this delay to ukba..or ask them why they not answering ..my brother in law got his eea family permit within 10 days back in 2012 always from paris

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:32 pm

it is normal. My application took almost 20 days. but it was successful. If you provided them everything and relationship is genuine then donot worry you will get it.

Taytay
Newly Registered

Post by Taytay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Hello All,

Quick question about applying for an EEA family permit: can I apply while inside the UK?

Back story: I'm an American national with a Swedish girlfriend of 4 years. We are both currently living in the UK as students (I'm on a tier 4 visa). We are considering getting married in her home country within the next couple of months and then returning to the UK while I'm still under my tier 4 visa. Can we apply then once inside the UK?

I've read about the evidence that must be provided and she would be exercising her EAA treaty rights as a student.

I appreciate any help.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:09 am

The EEA FP can only be applied for outside the UK. You could apply for EEA2 (Residence Card) within the UK.

More info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-eea2

Taytay
Newly Registered

Post by Taytay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks, for the help. I noticed that exercising treaty rights as a student, she must provide evidence of private comprehensive sickness insurance and evidence of funds available. What is deemed as a private comprehensive insurance policy? It says she can declare stating that she has sufficient funds for studying. Is that just a cover letter stating so? Anything special needed to be added to that?

Thanks!

abrish
Newly Registered

Post by abrish » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi everyone

24 days still no answer .we applied for eea family permit in paris france..anyone else experienced this. .me and my husband think they have refused thats why they taking all this time..should I complain or wait other 6 days ..as processing time is 15 to 1 month. .tnanks for reply