ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

locc0
Newly Registered

Post by locc0 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:11 am

John wrote:
looked on favourably or not?
Looked on favourably ..... in what context? What are you possibly concerned about?
favourably/ unfavourably in the context of the sponsor of a spousal visa not having a job at the time of the application due to being on a career break. i am thinking of doing such a thing. I am a qualified professional and also have a bachelors degree. In addition at the time i am thinking of going on a career break i would have been with the company for circa 6 years and also have significant savings and investment. Its just the not having a job at the time of application is bothering me.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:47 am

It needs to be clear that the applicant for the visa will not need to claim certain Public Funds. Dependent upon the amount of the savings you mention it could be the case that it is possible to show that, without the visa applicant needing to be employed at the time of application.
John

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:04 pm

Good day!

Thank you for the answer. It is a big help to me. I have another question about the financial evidence. Is it important that I will provide my husband's employment certificate or his 6 months bank statements and payslips is enough supporting documents for my financial evidence?

Once again I appreciate any comments..

Thank you

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:29 pm

Both would be ideal.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:31 pm

Good Day!

I will apply my spouse visa on the 26th of Sept. I am worried about the overdraft of my husband in his bank statement. He has 2 bank statements, in one of his statement he has an overdraft of 1,500 while at the other statement he has an available balance of 700. I have my own savings (125t peso) about 1,200 in pounds. Is there a possibilty that my application will be refused because of his overdraft? He has a regular job and he is earning 300+ weekly. He has this overdraft because for the past year he got sick and he had no work. He had started his job last sept. 06. Is it ok if I will answer Yes to the question that if I will intend to work in the UK and If I receive support from my family. I am very nervous this time specially that the visa fee is too high and they will not grant me a visa.

Pls help me, I really appreciate any comments.
Once again thank you all.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:36 pm

An application cannot be refused because someone is using an authorised overdraft. As long as he shows that he can afford to support you until you find work you should be okay, regardless of this.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 pm

VictoriaS wrote:An application cannot be refused because someone is using an authorised overdraft. As long as he shows that he can afford to support you until you find work you should be okay, regardless of this.

Victoria
Thank you very much for the comments. I am worried because one of my friend was denied because of his husband's overdraft. In my case my husband told me that his bank is healthy because it has an incoming amount and his overdraft is getting lesser, from 3000 to 1,500. Yes he can afford to support me base on his weekly income. He is working 50 hrs. a week and his weekly net income is not lower to 300 and sometimes he has his pay pocket of 420 a week. I had finished a 6 months caregiver course. In my application is it necessary that I will include my transcript of records and my diploma as a supporting documents and my car registration for the two passenger jeepneys that I have?

Once again thank you for the comments.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:59 pm

If your friend was refused because of the overdraft this is something she would have won on appeal.

Transcripts will help to show you are employable.

Unless you are selling the jeepneys and want to show the cash value to the ECO then their documents will probably not help.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:35 pm

Thank You very much Victoria. It helps ease my worries about my application. Is it necessary that my husband will make a letter of explanation why he has an overdraft on his account?

Once again thank you...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:23 pm

No. He can point out that his income exceeds his expenditure and that the overdraft is authorised, and it should be fine.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!