ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O APPLIED in JAN-Feb 14' at PEO CROYDON

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeee123

Re: SET O APPLIED in JAN-Feb 14' at PEO CROYDON

Post by zeee123 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Any comments anyone.....

Will involving MP or Parliamentary Ombudsman delay the application process.

Anyone has any experience ....Please share!!!!

thanks

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi All,

Kust to let all know that today I have received my biometric cards by post. These came in when least expected and having chased up home office uphill last week i just gave up on them as they kept telling me that ur application in incomplete and just wait.

But today out of nowhere i received all my biometrics i.e. myself wife and 2 kids.

Totally overwhelmed and a big relief after left out in dark for over 7 weeks without any correspondence at all.

I applied ILR on SET O from TIER 1 GENERAL as Company Director with all the usual docs.

Anyone wishing to ask any questions to help in their ILR, most welcome.

Thanks for all the support throughout!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

SriGan

Post by SriGan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm

All the Best Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)

sankadel
Newly Registered

Post by sankadel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:14 am

Congratulations zee.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you v much!

pinkpop

Post by pinkpop » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am

Congrats!

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 pm

hi guys

i need some help too.
my elder brother is finishing his 10 year lawdull residency in august this year. he was on psw for 2 years until this year february. he then applied and got the student visa on tier 4.
when he had the PSW, he was working full time and now that he is on student visa, his employer hasnt asked for updated visa, and he is working full time while being on student visa and his visa doesnt allow him to work at all.

i wanted to know if it is going to be a problem when he will apply for indefinate in august on the basis of long residency due to him working full time while on a student visa.

i kept telling him to stop working but he says that he will not get this job back if he leaves now.

really would like some help guys on this if you can.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi,

Technically & lawfully he's not allowed I work. But when he applies for ilr and doesn't include his work experience and doesn't show that he's working full time at his current job, then he's fine but at the same time he should be able to provide a commendable reference letter with proof of his attendance to HO.

If he's able to get that and still work full time, then it shouldn't cause any problems.

In another unfortunate situation HO can check to see how much he's paid in tax and they can challenge you on so much tax that u must have paid as a full time student. So just be careful and think widely before applying.

Tc

akhtar191
Newly Registered

Post by akhtar191 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:32 am

HI All,

Need help please ... I applied for ILR (SET O) on 1st July 2014, i went to Croydon PEO appointment. When i reach there is already a delay going on as link is down and they are unable to verify the Biometric. People who had appointment at 8 were still there by 12.40. Anyway i booked in and got my token no and the process starts first we go through the normal registering process and then Biometric, after all this we been told wither to stay there or go out and come back after 2 hours so we stay there and wait. They called us at 2.45 and i myself only went to counter to take the decision and the worker ask me where is your wife i said she is in canteen and as she is pregnant that is why i came to collect the Doc, he said please call her as he wants to see her. I called my wife when she came he ask her that he want to talk with her and a lady with that accompany my wife and take her to a room. They ask where he did her English Test and LIUK and where is your husband works. She became nervous and she was not expecting all this but told all. Once she came back from that the Case Worker give me a letter mentioning that he needs to do furthur checks on my case and so decison is not given on the same day. Its 17th July now and i haven't heard anything back. I called the HO number and they told me after taking a in person appointment it consider as a normal postal appointment and so can take upto 6 months.

Please can someone suggest?

Thanks

shace318

Post by shace318 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 am

@akhtar191

I am already an ILR holder, but I applied for my wife & daughter on 1st July 2014 at Croydon.
may be I would have seen you coz my appointment was at 12.30

anyway I was told there will be a delay due to IT system down(as usual) but this was communicated after taking the bio-metrics for my wife and daughter, and case worker said the decision will
be delayed, and they wanted to talk to my wife as well.

I was outside with my daughter and they have asked very similar question that you have mentioned above. When my wife said they asked these question I was bit surprised but she got her ILR around 2.30 PM

hear are some of the question they asked her and the answers my wife gave.

1. why didn't you apply with you husband? I didn't coz I didn't have IELTS
2. have you been in UK for more than 2 years? yes
3. are you working or have you ever worked in UK? I was working but not now.
4. Is the address same as in tier-1 extension 2 years ago? yes
5. Does you husband travel a lot abroad? Yes a lot.
6. How may children you got? 2 (one born here)

By looking at the questions I think they want to make sure we are in relationship and may be UKBA is checking the English knowledge.

Honestly I don't know why they asked these questions but, we got our ILR.
so don't worry you will get it soon. by looking at the time line from further checks after attending PEO is around 8-12 weeks(on average) so you should get it by end September.

Shace

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Shace318,

Quick question, When they held your ILR application, did they hand over your passport and old biometric cards of you & wife back to you? Why I am asking is even if case is held what if we want to travel out of country? we need passport and old biometric (if its still valid) isnt it? It would be nice to know if they handed over it back?

akhtar191
Newly Registered

Post by akhtar191 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:41 pm

HIi,

Thanks Shace

No they dont return you the travel documents and they are with them till you get response.