ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOUBLE STANDARD

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri May 25, 2007 4:16 pm

So why are so many of them living in slums in Mauritius?

Bottom line: If they were here without papers (and they are) would you argue that they should be deported? No, c'mon, address the issue and let's know what you really think. Let me guess, you'll do a Tony Blair and pretend the problem doesn't exist ;)

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri May 25, 2007 5:38 pm

OL7MAX wrote:So why are so many of them living in slums in Mauritius?
Maybe the weather is better there than in Britain?
Bottom line: If they were here without papers (and they are) would you argue that they should be deported?
Bottom line is that they are British citizens and can come to live in the United Kingdom any time they like.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri May 25, 2007 7:46 pm

LOL, jajst as I expected :)

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ok

Post by avjones » Sat May 26, 2007 11:25 pm

hammad wrote:they u should let people with families kids or been here for 4 yr,s stay cause there is no way they can deport them ,
They can be, and often are, deported. I've been asked to advise in something like 15 cases since Christmas where families who had been here for more than 4 years were being deported - to Kosovo, mostly.

"ALL these people against amnesty or work permit for illegal immigrant have forgotten that there mum dad or grand parents were immigrant aswell at 1 time"

Well, I'm not against the amnesty, but my ancestors were born in England, Wales or Scotland back to 1650, all of them (-:
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

hammad
Newly Registered

ur proud then

Post by hammad » Tue May 29, 2007 11:06 pm

good for u we dont need to know that

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue May 29, 2007 11:55 pm

but my ancestors were born in England, Wales or Scotland back to 1650, all of them
If you don't tell anyone... we won't.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ur proud then

Post by avjones » Wed May 30, 2007 1:29 am

hammad wrote:good for u we dont need to know that
Perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions about other readers / points of view, then?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu May 31, 2007 11:18 am

Hammad Wrote:
good for u we dont need to know that

People like you are exactly they type of person that gives immigrants a bad name with the local population and then you wonder why people are hostile towards you.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu May 31, 2007 9:12 pm

Arguing about whose parents were here first is a bit of a distraction....

Dragging the topic back to "illegal immigrants" ....
More often than not by drug dealing and human trafficking....

Certainly not paying taxes.
Actually, every "illegal immigrant" pays taxes. Consumption taxes in the UK (VAT etc) are some of the highest in the world. Everyone pays them, even "illegal immigrants". "Existence taxes" like council tax are also endemic in the UK. And pretty high. As with VAT council tax doesn't ask for your PAYE number and therefore everyone is equal. There are various other taxes that the "illegal immigrants" pay at the same rate as everyone else - from VED to TV tax.

What they don't pay is only that tax which is imposed directly on earnings. We are talking PAYE (Income Tax) and NI (National Insurance)*. But, it's not always true. There are a lot of illegal immigrants who have National Insurance numbers and they end up paying these taxes too.

*Excluding CGT, Inheritance tax etc. for simplification and because they aren't usually applicable to II

My points:

1. The term "illegal immigrant" does not mean someone who doesn't pay any taxes.

2. It does not even mean someone who does not pay IT and NI.

3. It does mean someone who doesn't qualify for the benefit/pension umbrella he is contributing to.