ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

admission to uk with residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: admission to uk with residence card

Post by ice_breaker » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Even if they ask it will be basic questions. like where you coming from?? where is the wife?? Just be confident. smile and stay friendly and join the EU line when you reach immigration desk . No need of landing card either.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion! I know there is no need to fill landing card but are you sure if it is ok to join EU line with the residence card ?[/quote]

YES I am 100% sure, I did join the EU line and got through without any trouble.

praff2013
Newly Registered

Post by praff2013 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:51 pm

ice_breaker wrote:Even if they ask it will be basic questions. like where you coming from?? where is the wife?? Just be confident. smile and stay friendly and join the EU line when you reach immigration desk . No need of landing card either.
Thanks for the suggestion! I know there is no need to fill landing card but are you sure if it is ok to join EU line with the residence card ?[/quote]

YES I am 100% sure, I did join the EU line and got through without any trouble.[/quote]
Thank you so much!!!

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:39 pm

I will like to share my experience, I had already made a complaint to UKBA regarding this issue, I and my husband are coming back from holiday from France, I am an eu national and my husband is a non eu national. When we are leaving to France, we got no problem, entering France and leaving France. The problem started when we landed at the Belfast International Airport. As I am disabled, I needed a special assistant that came to pick us up at the plane, as we were going through to the immigration officer, we noticed that they are watching my husband, I am on a wheel chair, my husband and the special assistant was with me. the immigration officer in Belfast, he asked for our passport and my husband presented both passport to him, we noticed he started looking the computer and writing things down which took almost 10min and when he raised his head he ask were we coming fro from and we said France and he asked my husband have you ever have an immigration problem, my husband replied non that I am aware of, he wasn’t talking politely but was shouting and disgracing us and he point to a stamp on my husband visa which was writing at the back and my husband answer him that the stamp was when he applied for visa 5yrs ago and refused and he reapplied and was granted with 10days later. he started shouting that you said you don’t have immigration problem and we replied him that we don’t considered that as immigration problem because my husband has never been arrested, deported or detained before so refusing a visa and applying again it not a problem and moreover what does that got to do with his resident card. the immigration officer was so rude, and he handed my husband a paper that he is detaining him and said to me that I can go, I replied back to him do I look like I can go and my husband said his wife is going no where and moreover I am her carer. 3 of us, me my husband and the special assistant have to waiting in a corner for more almost an hour until he answer the rest people coming and when inside the office. When he came out he handed my husband his passport and said the problem has been cleared and we replied there was no problem in the first place, I am here a eu national and disable with my husband, you are holding his valid eea resident card, what is the problem.
What anger my husband most is that I am with him, you don’t need to make a phone call or anything and we are travelling together with no problem until we get to Belfast. Anyway I have make a complaint and waiting for reply. I am writing here if there any law I can used against them or make a claim. What does a mark of visa refusal of more than 5yrs ago got to do with a valid resident card, not even a new resident card but has been issued for almost 2yrs ago but this is first time we travelled out together. He has travelled alone through gatwick before and wasn’t harrased that way but this is a harassment and humiliation on me because everyone are watching us as if we have done a crime. Any help on what more to do against this humiliation will be welcome. I called today the local immigration branch and the woman on phone said he should not have detained him or issue him any paper that he is been detained.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

portoto
Newly Registered

Post by portoto » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 pm

praff2013 wrote:Alright thank you for replying. I'm just getting ready to travel alone nepal and coming back to uk with uk residence card. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully everything goes nicely! So nervous :(
Hey good i have been following your post and i am actually in the same situation here. Can you update on your trip. How did it go?

portoto
Newly Registered

we do not leave together.

Post by portoto » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:24 am

Hi everyone.
This web is amazing, i've learn a lot.
My question today is to find out if anyone has experienced what I am about to write.
I am happily married to my beautiful wife for 2 and half years she is french, but since we've got married we couldn't leave to gether because i have a permanent job in Leeds and she is in Manchester where she's working too. We decided to meet every time we got the chance to do so. Now it came to my attention that's we have to leave together with the same address for me to be able to be successful on my next applications for my indefinite. I am really worried this could affect my application scared to be reject or refused.
Please advise me.
What are my chances. :|