ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWITCHING TIER 2 ICT --> PBS DEPENDENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Re: SWITCHING TIER 2 ICT --> PBS DEPENDENT

Post by manci » Fri May 15, 2015 8:58 am

Vinkish wrote:hi Manci,
Need immediate help.

I am on Tier 2 General recently changed and working in UK.
My husband is on Tier2 ICT long term staff valid till September 2015.

We are planning to switch him from tier 2 ICT to Tier2 General Dependant and have applied for visa.
We have set our premium appointment on Friday 15th May.

Questions:
1. We are unable to reschedule it. If we have to book a new appointment what will happen to the fees 1051 paid.?
2.If he gets Visa by May 18th and his last day with current employer is given as May 29 by the company.
Will he be able to work there for 10 days after he gets tier2 general dependant.
as a PBS dependant he will be free to work anywhere (except as a doctor in training)

3.If we do not inform employer and come out in 10 days. What will happen?
Will UKBA inform the employer that his associate has changed visa?
when he gets his new visa he should inform his employer that his visa status changed

Please guide me as i have les than 24 hours to the appointment.

vinkish

pj83
Newly Registered

Post by pj83 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi,
I have a question My wife is planning to fly back to India and apply a Tier 2 General visa (while I continue to remain in UK on tier2 ICT-LT visa) I have below questions
1. Assuming she gets her Tier 2 General visa, can i and my Kid apply for PBS dependant visa from UK itself ?
2. Do I need to terminate my current employment in UK before applying for PBS dependant visa?
3. Can I continue with my current employment on PBS dependant visa ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun May 17, 2015 2:47 pm

pj83 wrote:Hi,
I have a question My wife is planning to fly back to India and apply a Tier 2 General visa (while I continue to remain in UK on tier2 ICT-LT visa) I have below questions
your wife will need a restricted CoS before she can apply

1. Assuming she gets her Tier 2 General visa, can i and my Kid apply for PBS dependant visa from UK itself ?
yes
2. Do I need to terminate my current employment in UK before applying for PBS dependant visa?
no
3. Can I continue with my current employment on PBS dependant visa ?
yes, but inform your employer of your changed immigration status once you get the PBS dependant visa

meenusrathore
Newly Registered

Post by meenusrathore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi Manci,

I am on a tier 2 gen visa and my husband is also on tier 2 gen visa. I want to apply for a dependent visa on my husband. I think I can apply from within UK and need to go back to India. But as work in different cities we do not stay together and also I have not changed my surname in my documents/passport. I would like to know if theres any complications in that. Please advice on this whoever has any knowledge on it.

Regards,
Meenu

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:43 pm

meenusrathore wrote:Hi Manci,

I am on a tier 2 gen visa and my husband is also on tier 2 gen visa. I want to apply for a dependent visa on my husband. I think I can apply from within UK and need to go back to India. But as work in different cities we do not stay together and also I have not changed my surname in my documents/passport. I would like to know if theres any complications in that. Please advice on this whoever has any knowledge on it.

Regards,
Meenu
you can apply from within the UK but need to show (with documents) that your marriage is subsisting

1119avi
Newly Registered

Post by 1119avi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:59 am

Hi Manci and Others,

I have a little different question on the same topic.

Me and my wife both are on Tier2 ICT visa. If one of us gets a job can that person switch to Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa within UK, to be able to take up the new job?