ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are we leaving the EU?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Are we leaving the EU?

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm

I would really doubt that the UK government would refuse to accept your PR (you could always seek proof via EEA4). Of course, it wouldn't do any harm getting British citizenship if you are also able to keep your other European citizenship and if it wouldn't affect your non-EEA family members.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: Are we leaving the EU?

Post by toofan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Samaralady wrote:Back to the original question - what if the UK leave the UK. This is the sole reason I want a British passport. I have Permanent Residence on the basis that, as an EU national, I have been living and exercising treaty rights here since 2005, but who knows if that will count for anything once they leave? It might be deemed invalid and withdrawn retrospectively.
what you mean by what if the UK leave the UK ?

and if you have permanent residence that does not expire . british citizenship is not mandatory. there are a lot of people in uk they never applied for nationality after having permanent residence or indefinite leave to remain both are same . and holder have same rights as british citizen with permanent residence .

I know an old man with ILR he never bother to apply for citizenship this is his 9th year on ilr. he is getting same benefit as someone with British passport get it.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>