ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for child -Applying from India (urgent)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dewang81
Newly Registered
India

Re: Settlement visa for child -Applying from India (urgent)

Post by dewang81 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi Prakash,

My daughter was born in London, UK in March 2014 and I am currently on Tier 1 (General) visa and my wife on Tier 1 (General) PBS Dependent visa. I also got the birth certificate from council but my name in her birth certificate doesn't match with the name in passport so that why they rejected the issue of birth registration certificate. I have already applied for the correction to the GRO but it's too much delay due to too many applications for them. I have my ILR due in June 2014 for myself and my wife. I am also planning to get an emergency travel document from Indian Embassy in London so that my wife and baby can go to India in June 2014 after I and my wife is granted the ILR. Once I get corrected certificate from council, I shall be applying for Birth Registration Certificate to Indian Embassy and then for the passport for my daughter.

With my baby in Mumbai, India on travel document and me and my wife having ILR, we would need to apply for her ILR visa from Mumbai, India.

Can you please let me know what documents and which form should I be filled to apply for UK ILR visa from Mumbai, India?

prakash16481
Newly Registered

Post by prakash16481 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 am

Hi,

If its really emergency for your wife and baby want to go to India? becz why I am asking is,apply ILR for baby from India is little bit hard and lot of documents and process plus timings as well.

All documents below where baby born in india and applied from india (I am not sure wht document have to show for baby born in UK) might be some moderators can help. Better you consult some solicitors or immigration advisers to get more information.

All these informations I am giving just what I have submitted for my visa case only

1) I have submitted 12 months pay slip and bank statement
2) Employer letter
3) Tenancy agreement
4) proof of conversation between my wife (Skype,email,phone bills) (in your case little bit different may be you have to show the proof that you and your wife and kids are staying together)
5) proof of mine and my wife stayed in UK
6) mine and my wife passport copy and ILR biometric card copies
6)SU07/12 form

Rama07

Post by Rama07 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello Gurus,

Please could you confirm if we need to fill Appendix1 or 2 along with VAF4A to apply for a settlement visa for my child from India. We both parents hold ILR (that was granted in Aug2013). Your quick response is much appreciated.

Thanks
Rama

nallamothu
Newly Registered

Post by nallamothu » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:38 pm

hello prakash,

plz help me out ,the only difference between ur application and mine was my child was born in uk n at that time i was on hsmp and my child went to india on indian passport me n my wife r currently on ILR status so want to apply settlement for my baby plz help me out which application i need to fill plus appendix 1 or 2. icurrently i got so many doubts in filling the application plz help me.

prakash16481
Newly Registered

Post by prakash16481 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:44 am

Hello,

Boss i have no idea.... if your child is holiding a HSMP visa now better bring your child here then apply your ILR from here. Sorry man

nallamothu
Newly Registered

Post by nallamothu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 am

Hello prakash,
Thanx for reply my child doesn't have any visa he just went to india from UK only on indian passport without any visa.

prakash16481
Newly Registered

Post by prakash16481 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 am

Hello,

Better you consult with solicitors man,

when your son was born you both of them in HSMP visa am i right? now you both of them are in ILR visa, i am not sure,your son is eligible for British passport (because he born in this country) try to dig details from forums, if you couldnt find better go to solicitor mate

Rama07

Post by Rama07 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi All,

My wife went with my child with all the documents to the VFS centre in Hyderabad (India). But surprisingly, VFS team asked for both Appendix2 but we took only Appendix1. However as we were provided with the Appendix2 form my wife managed to fill the form.

1. Not sure which form will be considered Appendix 1 or Appendix 2.
2. In Appendix2 under "3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement", we were unsure at that time in VFS centre what option to fill but just filled "income from salaried employment and selected 'Complete Part3A and further selected 'Category A'. Is this correct as i am working as an IT contractor (Director of a Limited company) taking both wages and dividends?

Please clarify. Appreciate your help!

Thanks
Rama

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:37 pm

[quote="Rama07"]Hi All,

My wife went with my child with all the documents to the VFS centre in Hyderabad (India). But surprisingly, VFS team asked for both Appendix2 but we took only Appendix1. However as we were provided with the Appendix2 form my wife managed to fill the form.

2. In Appendix2 under "3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement", we were unsure at that time in VFS centre what option to fill but just filled "income from salaried employment and selected 'Complete Part3A and further selected 'Category A'. Is this correct as i am working as an IT contractor (Director of a Limited company) taking both wages and dividends?

Thanks
Rama[/quote

Hi Rama,
A few questions if you don't mind me asking.
1. What type of visa do you and your wife hold.
2. Were was your child born.
3. What type of passport you and your wife hold.

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 pm

muralitharanp79 wrote:Hi,

Myself and wife both got ILR last year and now going to apply for settlement visa for our son in Chennai. As we need to submit Appendix 1 as part of VAF4A application, I have a few questions on them:

a) Should I need to fill up Part 1 of Appendix 1?
It says "Do not complete this part if you are applying as the child of settled parents with limited leave". I think myself and my wife belong to "settled parents with limited leave" and so, we are not required to fill this up, right?

b) Can you plz tell me "what is current net income" as per UKBA definition?
1) Is it the income for the last 12 months prior to application?
2) Is it the income for the next 12 months?

The reason I am asking this is:
As I only started contracting from April 2014 onwards, how will I show my current net income? as I dont know how much dividend I can take in the coming months. But I am taking a salary of £10000 per annum and is mentioned in my April paysilp. Also, I have taken £4000 as dividend for April but it would be varying and there isn't any concrete amount that I can show as that of my salary.

In this case, how will I prove my net income is so and so.....

Plz advise
where was your child born>

Rama07

Post by Rama07 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:08 am

Tangie wrote:
Rama07 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Rama[/quote

Hi Rama,

Me and my wife hold ILR since Aug2013 and hold Indian Passport
My child was born in India

Thanks
Rama

Rama07

Post by Rama07 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 am

Rama07 wrote:
Tangie wrote:
Rama07 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Rama[/quote

Hi Rama,

Me and my wife hold ILR since Aug2013 and hold Indian Passport
My child was born in India

Thanks
Rama
Hi Gurus,

Please could you advise. Appreciate your quick response.
Thanks
Rama

veena1234
Newly Registered

Post by veena1234 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:21 am

Hi Prakash,

Its quite helpful to go through your post regarding the settlement visa for child .

Me and my husband both are ILR holders and we will be applying for settlement visa for our kid.
Currently I am in India with the baby ( 7 months old) .
1. Should both parents be physical present for visa application?
- If not, Should my husband send a notorised copy of his passport ?

2. What are the UK documents that my husband as to send as he will be the main sponsor.

3. What are the Indian documents that needs to go with the application.

4. Can you confirm that the forms that needs to go with the application are - VAF4A, Appendix 1 and SU07/12

Look forward for ur reply.

Many Thanks

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:51 am

dewang81 wrote:Hi Prakash,

My daughter was born in London, UK in March 2014 and I am currently on Tier 1 (General) visa and my wife on Tier 1 (General) PBS Dependent visa. I also got the birth certificate from council but my name in her birth certificate doesn't match with the name in passport so that why they rejected the issue of birth registration certificate. I have already applied for the correction to the GRO but it's too much delay due to too many applications for them. I have my ILR due in June 2014 for myself and my wife. I am also planning to get an emergency travel document from Indian Embassy in London so that my wife and baby can go to India in June 2014 after I and my wife is granted the ILR. Once I get corrected certificate from council, I shall be applying for Birth Registration Certificate to Indian Embassy and then for the passport for my daughter.

With my baby in Mumbai, India on travel document and me and my wife having ILR, we would need to apply for her ILR visa from Mumbai, India.

Can you please let me know what documents and which form should I be filled to apply for UK ILR visa from Mumbai, India?
why do you want to apply for ILR for your baby? this is a waste of money and time
your baby can be registered as British citizen the moment you and/or your wife get ILR
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am

Amber wrote:
Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 am
There is no confusion. It would have been VAF4A, Appendix 1 and only adequate maintenance and accommodation. An undertaking would have likely been required also, SU07/12.
Hello Amber,

Firstly, I am sorry about that if this question asked many times.I have to make sure that before applying the visa.

I am a naturalised British citizen and I am going to apply settlement visa for my wife and daughter.

My Wife's application
-------------------------
1. VAF4A online application
2. Appendix -2

My daughter's application
----------------------------

1. VAF4A online form
2. Appendix 1
3. SU07 form (I am not sure this is necessary for her)

In the appendix 1 form, which parts need to be filled because of I am a British.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... vaf4a1.pdf

Part1 ( Your Personal Circumstance) - This part says that "Do not complete this part if you are applying as the child of settle parent(s) with limited leave"

Part2 ( Your Sponser's Financial Circumstance)

part3 ( Your Accommodation & Other details)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 am

Macro_Run wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am
Amber wrote:
Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 am
There is no confusion. It would have been VAF4A, Appendix 1 and only adequate maintenance and accommodation. An undertaking would have likely been required also, SU07/12.
Hello Amber,

Firstly, I am sorry about that if this question asked many times.I have to make sure that before applying the visa.
1. Amber is no longer active on the forum.

2. Kindly refrain from digging up and tagging onto topics that from 2014 as many of these members who posted are no longer active on the forum.

3. Please continue in your existing topic you have where you have been receiving advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.