ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xahntra
Newly Registered

Re: Renewing Spouse visa

Post by xahntra » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry for hijacking this post but it's all related and might help someone else as well.

I was granted my spouse visa in December 2013 (I applied on October 2013). My visa expires in September this year, on the 11th to be exact. I have a few questions if someone can answer them I'd be grateful.

1. How long in advance can I renew my visa? (5-year route)
My husband and I have booked a trip to Greece in July and the Greeks state that the UK Permit visa should have at least 90 days remaining, which it wont so I hope I can renew beforehand.

2. For the English language requirement I provided my FCE certificate which was an approved document but is no longer on the list. Having read through the guidelines, and if I understand correctly, as I have been previously issued a visa with this FCE certificate, it can be used again for my renewal?

Thanks a lot!

Marissa

Gomzy9104
Newly Registered

Post by Gomzy9104 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi all,
My husband is polish, I'm in spouse visa with 5 yrs route. My first date of expiry expires at feb 14 2017.
So, my doubt is as a family member of EEU, should I still pay IHS of £500 for health care?
Thank you

Lisa181
Newly Registered

Post by Lisa181 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi there,

My partner is on the unmarried spousal visa and it expires in November 2016. 9 weeks before we are meant to be travelling on a trip. I understand that we can't apply to renew his visa before 28 days of the visa expiring. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this within the time frame of 9 weeks?

He also has a passport from his birth country which he would be able to travel on for the trip we have to do within 9 weeks of submitting the renewal. So basically can we apply to renew his visa and whilst that is processing, go travelling on his other passport from his birth country? ( sorry I know it's very confusing) we are basically trying to find a away of avoiding the high fee for the 1 day application.

Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:38 pm

My goodness! We now have so many different members asking separate questions in this thread, it's like being in a room where everyone is speaking at the same time!
@ Lisa181 @Gomzy9104 @xahntra @mayaelci Please post your question in your own threads...this one has become far too confusing to be able to advise anyone. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

priya_grg44
Newly Registered

Post by priya_grg44 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Hello there,
I am applying for spouse visa extension FLR(M) in a couple of weeks. I submitted IELTS general training test report form when I first applied for the UK visa. In order to fulfil the english requirement this time, which test should be taken? A1 or A2? My another question is, as I am from Nepal, do I have to do TB test again? I have never been away from the UK since last 2 and half years. Finally, my husband recently joined HM Force, do I still have to pay health surcharge?

I am really under pressure. If I could get any kind of advice then it would be grateful.

Thank you.

Priya Gurung

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:14 pm

priya_grg44 wrote:Hello there,
I am applying for spouse visa extension FLR(M) in a couple of weeks. I submitted IELTS general training test report form when I first applied for the UK visa. In order to fulfil the english requirement this time, which test should be taken? A1 or A2? My another question is, as I am from Nepal, do I have to do TB test again? I have never been away from the UK since last 2 and half years. Finally, my husband recently joined HM Force, do I still have to pay health surcharge?

I am really under pressure. If I could get any kind of advice then it would be grateful.

Thank you.

Priya Gurung
This thread is almost 2 years old and is a complete jumble of several members posting different questions :!: As you were asked in your previous post which was tagged onto the end of another member's thread, please open YOUR OWN topic and post your questions there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.