ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash Savings for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Cash Savings for Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:56 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Beena wrote:Hi,

I'm hoping to apply in the next few months inshallah and had a quick question regarding cash savings.

It will be my 3rd application.

With regards to my job I earn just over 13k therefore I'm aware that I need approximately 30k savings (can't remember exact figure) I have 34200 in savings. My sister gifted my 5000 a few months ago, as I had a baby and she wanted to gift me and baby. The only issue I have is, my son was about 8 months old when she gifted the money.. does that matter? How can I prove that the gift is legit and not just for visa purposes? Can i be refused on this matter? The only reason she gifted me late was because she wanted to give me the money when I really needed it.

What are the documents that I will need to include to ensure that the eco is satisfied?

Thank you in advance
SAMISPOUSAL replying in this thread to an old post on English language from 2014 has meant that this question from Beena on savings has been buried! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Sorry about that
I dont know how that happened
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

shahtx
Newly Registered

Post by shahtx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi,

I (sponsor) am UK citizen and my wife (Applicant) just arrived in UK on a 2.5 yr BRP.

Does the Sponsor also have to be present in UK with the Applicant all time ? Or can the Sponsor work abroad ? If so, then how many months does the Sponsor need to be present in the UK ?

As the Sponsor still has work overseas to earn money.

The visa was granted on the Cash Savings GBP62,500... so I should be allowed to work overseas ? While wife is in UK.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Tom

ss717
Newly Registered

Post by ss717 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 am

shahtx wrote:Hi,

I (sponsor) am UK citizen and my wife (Applicant) just arrived in UK on a 2.5 yr BRP.

Does the Sponsor also have to be present in UK with the Applicant all time ? Or can the Sponsor work abroad ? If so, then how many months does the Sponsor need to be present in the UK ?

As the Sponsor still has work overseas to earn money.

The visa was granted on the Cash Savings GBP62,500... so I should be allowed to work overseas ? While wife is in UK.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Tom

Dear Tom,

First of all, congratulations on receiving your spouse visa and having your wife with you in the UK.

May I please ask you to clarify something that has received 2 different feedbacks in these posts. I.e. some people say that a) 6 months bank statements is sufficient to prove that you meet the savings threshold of £62,500; whilst others have said that b) in addition to the 6 months bank statements showing the money is sitting in your bank account, you ALSO need to provide evidence of the source of this money.

Of course I appreciate that the reason for this difference in opinion can certainly be due to the time which has passed, as these posts are from as far back as 5 years ago, and rules tend to change.

Therefore, as your case is very recent, can you kindly advise us on what evidence you needed to provide in order to satisfy that you reached the savings threshold... Was simply and only the 6 months bank statements sufficient? Or did you have to support this with anything else?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

:)

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon May 01, 2017 1:13 pm

My husband has applied twice using savings, once for spousal visa and then for FLR(M). Each time, we both wrote a declaration saying that the savings were accrued over several years from salary and gave details of his position in the company, the name and contact details of the company, how long he had been employed there, etc. Of course we included original bank statements for the previous six months showing that the money was immediately accessible.

ss717
Newly Registered

Post by ss717 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Many thanks Michali, for your clear and prompt reply.

So whilst showing the savings (even if they are at the maximum level of £62,500) do you still have to demonstrate some sort of employment? Or is it okay to not be employed and be basically a sponsor for your partner based on only the £62,500 savings?

Sorry for the additional questions. Anybody's help on this would be very appreciated.

Thank you

Grodd323
Newly Registered

Post by Grodd323 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I also have the same question.

Will a UK Family of a settled person visa justified by £62.5k savings be invalidated by not having a job at the time of application ? i.e. because the money will dwindle down.